All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

How can a person prove to others the bible's not some "man made book corupted by man"? For those who believe it's God's word but it's been corupted over the years.

And, what do I do if I tell someone a doctrine (the deity of Christ), that it's in the bible but I get a comment "Than the bible's wrong!"

Views: 1341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree Joe but not everyone is like us. I don't know why they need proof but some do. To just sit back & think that it's fine with one doesn't mean it's fine with the other. If that was the case, we would not have these heated discussions all the time. We would just all agree with you oops, I mean each other. Obviously, someone wanted proof to discredit God with the evolution theories & such. Problem is, they are dying every second & their proof is soon realized. 

Evolution, even if true, doesn't disprove God as they are different categories of explanation. On why I need proof? Well that's easy, without it faith is blind and no where in the Bible does it advocate faith in God being blind. Plus blind faith is dangerous.

If someone came up to you and said "this is the word of God", would you just accept their word for it? I sure wouldn't. Martin Luther King described faith as "taking the first step on a ladder even when you can't see all of it" He doesn't say "faith is taking the first step on a ladder even if you're not sure the ladder is even there"

Brother, I'm not here to debate or argue the issue. I just trust the Lord that can hold my soul thru eternity can also lead me thru this life.

How would you interpret this scripture? Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen?  

True faith is not blind. True faith needs no physical evidence; the Word of God is all the evidence faith needs. Faith being a conviction or a persuasion of the heart that what God’s Word says is a fact, or true.

We are saved by hope, but hope that is seen is not hope, for what a man seeth, why does he yet hope for it, but if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patient wait for it……Rom.8:20 something!

You don’t need faith for something you can perceive with your senses. So if you have to see it before you believe it, why then do you need faith, the just shall live by faith; not by the senses.

PS.  If God told me the ladder was there, I’d clime it. Because I trust His Word.  Abraham went out not knowing where he was going.

If you have to ask, how deep is the water, you had better not try walking on it.

Joe

Joe,

I liked your explanation of how we walk by faith here. Amen. I'd climb that ladder right behind you.

Thanks Tammy for the agreement, however; I wish I could say so much with just one word, ie) oops! lol

I really confuse some; when I tell them I believe in "evolution!" ie) a form of.

I think we went through this "evolution thing" about a year ago. Still no agreement on that one.

Joe

Oh, another thing Joe. Have you ever considered it's really their heart condition & not their head? Many will say to me Lord Lord & He will say I knew you not. Or maybe that Scripture is a lie. It is in the New Testament, right? I'm not willing to chance it myself as most Christians are not willing to do.

Hi Group,

Amen, Brother Joe, faith does not require physical proof. That's what the world demands....."show me!!!".

God says, " For by grace are ye saved through faith; and not that of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast". (Ephesians 2:8-9).

The world says,"The Bible is bunk, a corruped fairy tale".

Christians, through faith, believe the Bible to be the true word of  God......yes, sometimes difficult to understand.....sometimes having different interpretations (and debates), but "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works". (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Footsies, tell the world to take that.......even if they won't believe it.

Grace and Peace.

To be fair, I still demand evidence often hence why I put the quote from Sir Kenyon. The Bible is inspired by the word of God but that does not mean it has not been changed by humans whilst they were copying the text over the course of 2000 years. So how can we be sure that it hasn't? By bringing the experts (historians etc) and asking them.  It makes complete sense to me.

Some say the world asks for too much evidence, I say some Christians don't ask for enough.

All I can say Stig is the One who holds my life in His hands is powerful enough to save me for eternity. Why, in the Name of God, can you not trust Him with something as simple as a book to be inerrant? That doesn't even make logical sense to me.

For the very reasons I stated earlier, people copied the Bible, people are not inerrant. There have been changes over time but they're just small stuff like punctuation etc It's been copied from Hebrew and Greek, into Latin then into English.....God didn't write the Bible himself, he hasn't made the copies, and I don't believe the Bible is totally inerrant regarding certain historical events that took place (and historians would agree with that) but there are legitimate reasons for the discrepancies and that it doesn't make it un-reliable.

These are questions I had before I became a Christian, it was the answers to these that helped me re-find Christ. Evidence, of all kinds,  is what under-pins my faith

Do you think He could have written it if He wanted? Do you believe He's powerful enough to surpass any knowledge which any of us feel we have of Him? Or do you feel we are way to powerful to overcome our very Creator? Personally, I hold onto the hope & as you call "blind" faith that the God I serve, the Jehovah Nissi has Victory over any doubt or any destruction man tries to put on His Holiness. How can you be holy if He is holy if you have no clue as to what holy is except for the definition you come up with yourself? How can you live by the truth if you doubt the truth to begin with? How can you serve a Savior that the Scriptures aren't truthful about Who that Savior truly is? I just don't understand these facts but that's not for me to sort out. I could never trust anyone who leaves a little truth out or sways it to not be fully truth, God or anyone else. Half truth is a lie & we know who the father of that is.

For I know Who I have believed in & am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day. Thank you Lord for showing me your purity & might. You are almighty. True truth can only come from You.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service