All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

IS IT A SIN TO BE FRIENDS WITH A HOMOSEXUAL?

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think we've pretty much exhausted this subject. However, I recently read the headlines about Christians trying to use exorcism to free someone from homosexuality. In other words, the belief is that homosexuality is caused by being demon possessed! We are all born with a sin nature, but it doesn't mean a gay person is possessed any more than than say someone born with a birth defect, such as extra limbs..
We are all born into sin. Is one sin greater than another? I do not believe that homosexuality is anyone's fault. Its part of our sin nature that we inherited from Adam.
LaBrock,

Would you please define what you mean by "first conflict" and "passover from that age to the present."

Thanks,
LT
Hey LaBrock,

Yes, I would like you to prove your position from Scripture.

When you say that you have documentation, I trust you mean Scripture that clearly reveals your position.

Please feel free to address the following questions one at a time:
1) Please prove that the earth preexisted or that there is a period of undefined time between verses1 and 2 in Genesis 1.
2) Please prove from Scripture that Satan was the guardian of the mercy seat, one of two.
3) You state the Lucifer "started to give life to straying from God." Does that mean in your view he held his position for a period of time while he was embracing, or at least contemplating sin, which is sin itself?
4) Do I take it that you read 2 Thessalonians as referring to past events and not future events?
5) Please prove that Isaiah 14 relates to a preexistent earth that Satan devastated and not referring to his time on earth after his fall.
6) You state, “One third of the angels followed and embraced this a small handful stood firm with God and embraced truth, and the rest were lukewarm.” Please prove from Scripture that only a small handful of angels remained faithful by standing firm and please prove that most were lukewarm. Please explain from Scripture what God has done with the lukewarm ones.
7) Please prove from Scripture the event that you call “Katabole” (the destruction of the first earth).
8) Do you believe that angels can be redeemed? I ask this based on what you said, “So in the present age the stars are born of woman (waters) flesh) to decided for them selves what and who they shall embrace. ark angels are not and some rebel angels refused to …”
9) Please prove from Scripture that the “Nephilim” are fallen or disobedient angels and not a race of men who were on the earth at that time. Also, if they had this access in this past what prevents this from happening now?
10) Please prove from Scripture that “man food” sustained angels.
11) Please prove from Scripture that the following that you stated, “Just like one can be in the heavens yet their spirit can roam to and fro to and through the earth! In order for the Spirit realm to physically interact with the physical (realm) it uses vehicles.”
12) Do you think it right to refer to the Holy Spirit, who is God, as “it”? You stated the following, “Example: We as men can serve as Instruments of the Holy Spirit and should give it credit when and if we do so.”
13) Please prove that there are many UFOs in Scripture. By UFO, I assume, you mean unidentified flying objects that angels used to travel about?
14) I asked this before, and still desire you to answer the two part question. In your view what is required for person to be saved and what is required to retain that salvation?

I would like to discuss these things with you. As you can tell, I do not agree with your position. Your position is not new, but has been around for some time. I have researched it and still disagree based on Scripture, but would like to hear your input on the matter.

I am most interested in your response to question #14.

LT
Hey LaBrock,

First I want to thank you for your exstensive response. I have not had anyone post so much to my questions before.

I assure you that I am not trying to trick or trap you. I want to understand where you are coming from in your POV. I am familiar with much of what you believe, though I will take time to go through what you have stated to make sure I understand you. Where I agree I will say so and where I disagree i will point out why. Your are harder to read than most, because you have, in my opinion, combined seveeral teachings held by various different individuals.

I repeat, I am not attacking you or setting you up. I will address issues, but attempt to do so respectfully and in love.

Again, it will take some time to process all that you have written.

Lord Bless,
LT
I should restate. I did not mean that you combined them by taking the teachings of others, but that that I recognize a number of various teachings in your POV. I did not mean to sound as if I thought you took from here and there and put something together.

Lord Bless,
LT
My dad says that it is not a sin to be friends with a homesexual
Hi, you really cannot run away from him but you have to tell him that homosexuality isn't godliness. Tell him the truth and pray that God intervenes in that situation. if you are really a christian then you won't be happy seeing someone getting lost and relate with him as if everything is okay when in the real sense it is not. Do as much as you can to make him understand that homosexuality isn't a good life style.
Ok Thanks
So long as the "friendship" does not include or cause you to violate your walk with Christ, I see no problem. I have a dear friend who I believe to be saved, yet one day he veered off into homosexual behavior. I did not shun him, I maintained my usual behavior with him except that I used every opportunity Christ provided to remind him of his duty and obligations to Christ as a professing Christian. In time he closed off contact with me. I continue praying for his repentance and restoration to a sound Christian walk.
Nice. Be friendly and love one another and remain in love with God the Father and Jesus Christ <3
I think we have to remember our calling as Christians. If we are friends with nonbelivers the goal is to win them for Christ. Homosexuality is a sin and we must be careful not to condone it. If you knew the person was involved in adultry how would that affect your friendship?
We also hve to define friendship. There are people that I am around and may be called friends in a casual sense but if you are talking about a close personal friendship I don't know how any Christian could maintain that with someone living an openly sinful lifestyle.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service