All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Witnessing: Please give me scriputre where it clearly states that Jesus is God.

Im witnessing and reaching out to a VERY prominent cult group here in SLC Utah. I understand thier faith very well. I research it and compare it to the bible continuously. I do not just come to the conclusion that the faith is wrong until I have thier scriptures to clearly back up what I know about them and what the bible says. It is a very decieving religion. But anyway, I need scriptur to back the fact up that Jesus is God. I know a few, but it isnt totally clear. Help???
Thank you!

Views: 706

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you Paula. Jesus died in the flesh and He will show us all the holes in flesh. But the bible says when He comes we shall be conformed.

In 2 Kings 6:17 Elisha prayed that God open the eyes of people and they aw the chariots and fire, this was not physical or in flesh Paula, but spiritual.

That's why God tells us that those who have eyes let them see, those with ears let them hear. God is not talkin about physical eyes hear but spiritual eyes.

Unfortuntely I am Heading home for Christmas and I won't be ale to discuss anyting till the 4th o January 2010

Thanks for your input in my life.

Lets pray that God will open our spiritual eyes and ears most can we get the Spirit of discernment.

The god an spirit of this nature are not of the Almighty but the devil

The heavenly ones I am talking about are: God and Spirit.

May God richly bless and your family

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Ok Paula let there be peace between us. I am here to learn. For God says people who accept correction are on the pathway of life.

I am a born again Christian who acknowledges that Jesus died and rose again. And we shall see Jesus physically on the judgment day, but His Spirit dwells among us today.

Romans 8:9,14 says:
You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

Galatians 5:25
Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

All is biblical Paula, that is why the same scripture is preached thousand times with different revelation.

So Paula to your own unerstanding Jesus never existed until the day He was born in Flesh.
Just like any born child like Siphokazi and Paula existed the day they were born are you saying its also the case with Christ.

All in all He never existed until He was born? This is according to you.
Paige Robertson.

You are looking for something that is not in the Holy Scriptures. If we are to base our belief solely in what the Holy Scriptures say we will come to understanding of who the true God is. The reason why others are able to use the Holy Scriptures to back up their teaching about Christ being God is because they give their own interpretation of what is written or they have based their faith on an erroneously translated verses of the Bible.

If you want to know who the true God really is, why don't we ask the Apostles?
I Corinthians 8:6 NKJV
"yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live."

Who is the God introduced by Christ Himself?
John 17:1, 3 NKJV
Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Who is the God introduced by the prophets?
Malachi 2:10 NKJV
"Have we not all one Father? Has not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously with one another By profaning the covenant of the fathers?"

What is the danger if we refuse to know who the true God is?
II Thessalonians 1:8 NKJV
in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hellofull
Yawn .... nothing new. You are still in error.

LT
Those were written hmmm... about 2000 years ago. But what's written in the Bible is not in error.

Hellofull.
To hellofull,

The Bible appears to be erroneous when we only quote verses from it, which we use to prove a theory we have.

It also appears to be contradictory when we quote a few "pet" verses totally out of context to the subject or doctrine being discussed.

In your reply to Paige, you did just that, you quoted selected verses only. It is far better and expedient to all, to take Paul's advice:

For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath
made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
Acts 20:27-28

Ron
I don't quote verses to prove a theory. I don't quote verses to prove my belief.
But I do base my belief in the verses written.

The Holy Scriptures never appear to be erroneous. It is man's interpretation of the Scriptures that are erroneous.

Why don't you take Paul's advice:
"Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other." (I Corinthians 4:6 NKJV)

Hellofull
Your words not mine:

"I don't quote verses to prove a theory. I don't quote verses to prove my belief.
But I do base my belief in the verses written."

If this be so, then why not read the rest of the Scripture concerning the Deity of Christ,
why present a few chosen verses in an attempt to disprove Christ's divinity?

Ron
Helloful, what you haven't done - is to take the whole counsel of scripture. You take a few verses out of context to prove your pretext.

What you are failing to consider is the implications of your flawed belief system. If Christ is not God, then he is no more able to save than any other mortal. Your faith is in vain, if Christ is not LORD, GOD, Creator.

Furthermore, Jesus repeatedly claimed the same personas that are attributed to God. If you were to simply take a look at every claim of Jesus in the Gospels and do a simple cross check of the Old Testament - you will find that he is repeatedly claiming to be the Almighty.

Look a few of these up:
The Good Shepherd
The Door
The Savior
The Rock
The Bread of Life

You will find that each of these, among many others, are the persona claims of God from the Old Testament. When Jesus said "I AM The Good Shepherd" - He said "I AM" which no Rabbi would dare say in those days. Furthermore, he said I Am The Good Shepherd. If you research it a little, you will find that the language means "the one and only Good Shepherd". Either Jesus is God, or he was blaspheming. The Good Shepherd was an attribute reserved for YHWH, the God of Israel.
John 20:28-29
John 20:28-29 (NASB)
28 Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" 29 Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

John 20:28-29 (KJV)
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

John 20:28-29 (NIV)
28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!" 29 Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

John 8:58-59

John 8:58-59 (NASB)
58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am." 59 Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple.

John 8:58-59 (KJV)
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

John 8:58-59 (NIV)
58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

Matthew 28:19

Matthew 28:19 (NASB)
19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

Matthew 28:19 (KJV)
MT 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Matthew 28:19 (NIV)
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Philippians 2:5-11

Philippians 2:5-11 (NASB)
5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus EVERY KNEE SHOULD BOW, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:5-11 (KJV)
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Philippians 2:5-11 (NIV)
5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death-- even death on a cross! 9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Isaiah 9:6-7

Isaiah 9:6-7 (NASB)
6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. 7 There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness From then on and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this.

Isaiah 9:6-7 (KJV)
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Isaiah 9:6-7 (NIV)
6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.7 Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almight will accomplish this.
Hi LT,
Long time since we last contacted each other.

Thank you for saving me a lot of work in bringing out those verses for "hellofull's" benefit.

I have to be careful. At my age my patience is limited and I find myself losing patience with fruitless discussions and answering with a certain amount of sarcasm and this is not right. Also time seems to be on a downward spiral, things are changing and moving so fast now, that there is an urgency to get things right first time.
Are you experiencing the same urgency? Amazingly I find that people are approaching me, even as I sit quietly in the car reading the Bible.

OK pal, once again thanks for the assistance.
Blessings to you and your family over this season of Christmas and New Year

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service