All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Since Jesus is God, how come He prayed to God? Wouldn't Jesus already have all the answers being that He, his self, is God? Please explain. Thanks.

Views: 659

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rod,

>>Are we so arrogant as to say that our truth is the right truth.
I for one would never dare make such a statement.

None of the regular participants here ever say MY truth is the right truth. We however do say this is what scripture teaches and if you can show me with scripture that the interpretation of those verses and my analysis of the subject is warp, I will forever be thankful that my Lord used you to get me out of error. That is the attitude I see among the majority. An attitude that remains for all to see through the hundredths of discussions.

If it's arrogant to say this is the truth according to scripture than we are stripped of absolute truth and our God giving authority to proclaim truth.

I do not see an abuse in this community, if anything I am often amazed how much erroneous doctrine is permitted to be expressed. I am grateful that it is permitted though, because such tolerance allows us to teach the truth in the face of error.

GOD'S HAND IS UPON THIS SITE AND I AM SURE HE IS WELL PLEASE WITH IT. HE ADDS TO IT EVERYDAY AS HE ADDED TO THE PRIMITIVE CHURCH.

We do get our share of wolves, which is no surprise to anyone. The good shepherd had a staff and a rod. The wheat grows surrounded by tares. I see those here endeavoring to great lengths to be loving and in the midst of insult and accusations remaining loving.

To proclaim that people are being mistreated here is to misunderstand the heart of most of the participants and to forget the many verses that admonish us to stand up for the truth in love.

I see people again and again being told to make their case with scripture and with well researched (bible study and enlightenment) reasoning.

Most people teaching false doctrines at that point choose to murder the character of the one inquiring or chose to become angry because the truth just shut their error up. It is our sincere desire that at that point people will be grateful for the truth they have been blessed with and change their erroneous teachings, but to our heartbreak, most of the time people decide to become offensive.

I am taking the time to write all this Rod not because I hate you or dislike you or have nothing to do. It is because you are my brother in Christ. I have love for you as such. You are my family and before writing these things I seek the Lord and wait for Him to guide my hands and for Him to align my motives according to His will. Now I never write such things to appear pious. All glory and praise belongs to the Lord, but because you need to know you are appreciated and love here and the anger you continue to show against those that love you needs to cease for your own health and peace.

I pray my words which I believe my Lord has guided me to write you are not misunderstood.

Grace and peace my brother.
Hi David,

I am completely lost by your comments:

I am taking the time to write all this Rod not because I hate you or dislike you or have nothing to do. It is because you are my brother in Christ. I have love for you as such. You are my family and before writing these things I seek the Lord and wait for Him to guide my hands and for Him to align my motives according to His will. Now I never write such things to appear pious. All glory and praise belongs to the Lord, but because you need to know you are appreciated and love here and the anger you continue to show against those that love you needs to cease for your own health and peace.

What anger have I shown to anyone here today or at anytime.
If you read my comments again you will see that I have been respectful and acknowledged everyones opinion as they have given them.

I have not used a single rude word or offensive phrase whereas you want to jump in here and judge me.
I have asked questions which I have a right to ask on this site and I have answered them appropriately.
If you feel led to be the site spokesman then perhaps you should lobby to be a moderator here.

If the real moderators feel that I have offended anyone then I am happy for LT, Carla or Greg to take it up with me.

As with you, I do not mean to offend you.
I just offer feedback as a brother in Christ.

Blessings
Rod.
David,

Perhaps your discerment is a little off this evening.
I am not Horsetrader,
I am guessing that this may be Imperator again, but who knows.

My comment to Carla was in regard to people being deleted for having an opinion. That wasn't liked here.
Some of the opinions may be given with a full head of steam, however I do not believe that anyone other than professed satanists should be deleted off.

If Mr. Athiest or Horsetrader or Imperator or Tom Walker have something to say, well so be it. He obviously has a pretty solid knowledge of scripture even though not everyone agrees with him.

Are we not all adults who can stick up for ourselves.

I for one don't feel the need for Big Brother making those sort of decisions and sensorship on the site.

that was my message here, not accusations or anger.
All was said with love and with respect for all here.

Please be certain of your claims before pointing a finger to judge.
Blessings in His love

Rod
Rod,

Sorry the last para of my comment lost you, I don't see how it can loose you, but this is what I meant: I did not say you used rude words, but to me it is pretty obvious you are at least upset if not angry with what you perceived being done here (injustices to those that are deleted). Again I may be tripping, so bear with me if I am. if there is truth to what I am saying, you shouldn’t be upset, you should find peace. That is all I am saying.

I have no problem speaking what I have felt led to express to you and
I have no problem being corrected in what I believed I discerned through your writings, when it is a redundant theme . You have written multiple times about this very same thing. I would say you at least are unhappy, but since you tell me that does not apply, ok - I will take your word and admit that I can be wrong about my discernment.

I am happy to hear you are not upset. My bad. I thought you were upset and wanted to disclose what I believe to be the heart of the participants here in hopes to diminish misunderstandings.

As far as me judging you, Well I was concerned you were upset that is all. I am glad you are not.

Blessings
Ok Rod -

I never said you are horsetrader. I was not talking about horetrader to you. i was referering to the comment i replied to, the comment you made to Carla about people being deleted. That is what i responded to.

We have differences of opinion, i for one praise God people with false doctrines are deleted once we tried to reason with them and they become offensive. I would do the same. As i have said - I often wonder why they are allowed to spread their venon for so long, but I believe that those God has place here in Leadership are Godly man and I love each and everyone of them and believe God is guiding them.

What did you called me last time... ohhh yeah a price cock and now you tell me I should lobby for site spokeman hahaahaha Man you do have a sense of humor. i am glad to see it. I thought you were upset man. haha

Blessings to you.
I love these forums :)
Dear Rod, you said this:

Are we so arrogant as to say that our truth is the right truth.
I for one would never dare make such a statement.

Is it arrogance to say that Jesus is the only way to God..and that He is God Himself?

This is not arrogance. For you to say that it is arrogance is to deny that there is absolute truth.

When I say that Jesus is the only way to God I am not being arrogant, I am standing up for truth. This is what Jesus Himself has said. As a matter of fact, it is the furthest thing from arrogance....because I am not preaching for myself....but I am preaching.. Jesus is the way, the TRUTH and the life...NO ONE comes to the Father by through Him.(emphasis mine)

Here's my question to you Rod:
Is there such a thing as absolute truth? If so.. what is it?

Thank you. I know you may not respond as you have decided to not respond to my other post... Even so, I look forward to hearing from you.
Hi Rod, I responded to you earlier asking you what you think of John 1:1, and I am posting it again because you may have missed it (with all the new replies in this forum). This is what I posted to you (copying it here):

Hi Rod,

No offense taken. :)

Let's take it one point at a time.

What do you make of these verses?
Jhn 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Jhn 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Jhn 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Jhn 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Blessings Carla,

Yes I did miss your comment.
They were coming thick and fast at one point today.

I will look into this and come back to you as soon as possible.

In His love
Rod
I look forward to your response. :)
Hi Carla,

I won't be making another comment on this thread as LT has made it very plain the topic is too contentious.
Blessings
Rod

Lt's comments
This forum has lost its way. Much has happened during the wee hours of the morning (for me at least while I slept). The question of this forum is "Why did Jesus pray to the Father?" We have traveled down the road of the Trinity and from that road to some stating that Jesus is not God and then we turned onto judgment lane where the debate was over who should be banned and ended up somehow on gestapo circle.

Let's work this backwards for a minute.

1) Stating that this site is run like the gestapo is judgment Mr. Rice and it is a judgment you have presented from your POV. Please be honest. If you make a judgment at least call it as such and do not attempt to say otherrwise. I have been called alot of things in my life, but that is a first. BTW, I will not lose any sleep tonight regarding your judgment of me and those who oeprate in some form of leadership on this site.
2) There will be no apology given for banning people who break the membership agreement. Those who come here to teach false doctrine, which includes doctrine contrary to the agreement they signed to be here will be banned. This site was created for a purpose. This site is for newer believers seeking to learn. Many have just recently made a profession of faith through one of AAG's many ministries. They come here open and wanting to learn. If the doctrine of the Trinity is confusiing to a seasoned believer how much more to a new believer? How much damage to that new person is caused when the debate digresses to the point of questioning the biblical fact that Jesus is God. Those who have been banned often have not come to here learn, but to destroy and attack the foundations of Christianity.
3) In the ealry 1900s liberalism did a great damage to the body of Christ. Today we are plagued with pluralism that believes everyone is right and no one is wrong. What garbage. The Bible is the authority and the absolute rule for man. There are things that are difficult to understand, but much is given with clarity. This site is established and run by a Christian organization who has a set of beliefs regarding the Word of God. it is clearly stated. In joining one agrees to and with those views, If they do not agree they should do one of two things. 1) Do not join. 2) Come asking questions regarding points you don't understand or agree with. For those who are newer the forums are full of honest questions from people who hold different beliefs from this site. They were engaged and given space to question and respond. Those banned did not engage in questions but placed attacks. I could care less about someone attacking me, literally I lose no sleep nor do I get the slightest bit irritated. But this site is not about me, Greg, Carla or you. It is about presenting truth to the new believers who are coming here every day to learn. The truth AAG holds to is presented in its statement of faith.
4) No person should be so arrogant as to believe that they need no one else and that by themselves they will go and study the Scripture and God wil give them all the answers. Cults are started that way. There is a need for teachers, accountability and an opportunity to express POV. The apostles were answerable to Jesus for 3+ years. Paul walked with Barnabas and submitted to the council and Jerusalem. God established the church and has established pastors, teachers, elders, etc for the building up of the body of believers. If you submit to no one you will fall. This does not mean you blindly follow, but you must be under the teaching of someone who is a godly person. Timothy was under Paul and over other believers.

If you do not like the fact that there is a leadership here on AAG and that it has authority to act in accordance with the purpose of AAG, get over it. The site and its leadership is committed to the purpose inwhich it believes God has called it to fulfill.

I submit to Greg. If anything I have written is incorrect I trust Greg to correct me regarding AAG purpose and beliefs.
Dear Rod,

I would be interested in what you think of the scriptures I posted:
Jhn 1:1 ¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jhn 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Jhn 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Jhn 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Jhn 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
if you do not want to respond here, then I would like to hear it from you elsewhere, perhaps in a personal message. Thank you.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service