All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I've asked this question to several people that I have witnessed to...and I keep getting the same answer. What I thought would be the #1 answer...nobody mentioned. Just wondering others thoughts or experiences.

Views: 1613

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

First of all, the ones that think they can get clean enough to go to heaven (by them selves) will never be ready, and those that say they don't want to change anything in their lives will be the ones that will stay here,at the catching away. Bible tells me in 2 Corinthians 6:16-18 (ASV)
16 And what agreement hath a temple of God with idols? for we are a temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, And touch no unclean thing; And I will receive you,
18 And will be to you a Father, And ye shall be to me sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. Only the children of God, that has been washed in the blood of the lamb, who's righteousness is Christ the son of God, will be there. Are you washed in the blood?
Joe,
You are right, relying on ourselves we can not get to heaven. Only God knows our hearts, motives, and love for one another.
Yes, I have been washed in the Blood of Jesus. I also am "myself" a horrible, rotten, poor execuse of a human being sinner who has done some horrible rotten things. Quite frankly i'm surprised God didn't give up on me a long time ago. However I know He has His reasons.
Blessings,
Debbie
ML,
Thank you so very much for your kind words. It's amazing to me how many u-turns God has allowed in my life (and a few head on collisions:) before I finally got the message. I gave up on myself...but He never gave up on me. Praise the Lord!
Again...thank you for your kindness.
In Christ,
Debbie
Judy,
In Gods time He will use those very things to draw them to Him.
God Bless
Debbie
The way we present the gosple to people can either attract or turn them away from Christ. If we can truely present the gosple as the angel of The Lord did to the shepherds in Luke2:8 to 15.as a GOOD NEWS, we will not only fill up spaces in our churches but will ursher many into the kingdom of God. Christianity is attractive when love and care is highlighted as in the early church. If we, like the Pharisees of old continue to make Christianity a burden (weight of the law) instead of sharing God's love to mankind through His son, then many will turn away.

Many people have turned away because our lives speak the negatives of what we preach. Multitudes followed Christ in his earthly ministry because He showed compassion on them. The food He provided to the hungry followers attracted more. when was the last time you provided for the poor ?
inibehe,
So true, the gospel presented with love and compassion makes all the difference. It's called the Good News for a reason:) Of all the things I know in life (which isn't a whole lot)....I know I don't want anyone to go to hell...I love all people.
I lived 40 years of 'hell on earth'...in that time and in those circumstances God has taught me patience, love, and compassion. The only way that could be accomplished was through all of the tradgedy. So when talking to people about Christ there is absolutely nothing anyon can say that could possibly shock me, and also no excuse they could give that would blow me away.
Look at the samaritan women at the well, Mary Magdeline, etc. All of there stories that had very bad beginings but "praise God" didn't have bad endings and they had a purpose.
Also so true about the negatives, a few things I share with people: you are accountable for you, and nobody's perfect...nobody on earth ever will be. Jesus was perfect and did not sin. The more we know, the more accountable we are...and you never know where someone is in their walk. Don't judge others, or base 'your eternity' on how someone else is living there life.
Negative examples turn many away...sad but true. Thank God for the good examples.
In Christ,
Debbie
What turns people away? Christians. the lack of Love. getting to know them, as Christ got to know each person he touch.
Hello Tia,
My new friend:) I agree there seems to be a lack of love and compassion, I'm not saying that in a judgemental way...I'm eager to understand.
I've been saved since 1988, however I disconnected from God or rebeled for two years. The straw broke the camels back so to speak...and for two years 'little miss sunshine' wasn't so sunny! But God had a plan in turning this tragedy into something good...those around me are turning to God. They saw how I was with God in my life before, then how I was without Him, and again with Him. People believe what they see.
Those two years I didn't talk, didn't smile, didn't laugh. I didn't care about anything...I was dead inside. A complete contrast of who I was.
My point of that is when someone is that lost...love them anyways. And as you say get to know them...everybody has a story. As Christians there shouldn't be any lost amongst us, there should be an over abundance of 'open ears'. I tell my husband, God gave me one mouth, two ears and two arms for a reason. (wrap my arms around everyone, and listen twice as much as I talk)
I love to learn!!
In Christ,
Debbie
I think its the hypocrisy that people see in Christians. Go to church on Sunday, sin on Monday.
Also many unbelievers are tired of hearing that they're going to hell. Makes us Christians sound too self-righteous and judgmental. Like we're the only ones who know it all.
Craig,
I have thought that hypocrisy would be a major factor, but there are hypocrit's in ever aspect of life. (example...someone being late for work telling someone else to stop making personal phone calls at work, or parent lecturing on drinking while they do the very same thing). So really there are hypocrits everywhere we turn...(human nature).
If it's a particular person/people their seeing saying one thing and doing another as far as Christianity, I feel strongly that hypocrisy is an excuse, just like...I don't have time, or when this or that happens.
My goodness...I would be terrified to stand before God if I ever told someone they were going to hell...
You know I just had the thought after reading your response again, do people think that as a Christian we know it all...do non-believers set a standard that would be impossible for any human being to reach?
In Christ,
Debbie
Hi Craig and Debbie and Everyone else! :)

I have this poem posted on my bulletin board beside my computer.. I want to share it with you as it hit me hard when I first read it.. Tell me what you think.

When I say..."I am a Christian" I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin'." I'm whispering "I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven,"

When I say..."I am a Christian" I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say..."I am a Christian" I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need HIS Strength to carry on.

When I say..."I am a Christian" I'm not bragging of success. I;m admitting that I have failed, and need God to clean my mess.

When I say.."I'm a Christian" I'm not claiming to be perfect, My Flaws are far too visible..BUT God believes I'm worth it.

When I say..."I'm a Christian" I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His Name.

When I say..."I'm a Christian" I'm NOT holier than you, I'm just a simple sinner who received God's Grace, somehow!!!

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes--Jews first and also Gentiles.

Love and Blessings in Christ.
In our weakness He is Strong!
Carla,

Great poem and a wonderful reminder. Amen and thanks for sharing.

Lord Bless,
LT

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service