All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Recently, in Tennessee a bus returning from a Gospel Concert blew a tire and rolled over. The last figures I heard were - 8 killed, 14 injured, 2 critically at last report.

Are people asking, "why"?  "Why would God allow this to happen to His children?' "They were at a praise song service-concert for heaven's sake"!

Anyone have Scripture or thoughts?

Views: 557

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)

After my father-in-law passed away the whole family went through lots of guilt and grief and asking God why. How can this happen? You see, family stayed at his side for weeks. They got tired and had to take switch out and take turns. The moment he was alone for a few minutes, that was when he passed away. Harry was a God fearing and loving person. Jesus Christ was his Lord. One day as I was crying, my heart just started burning. I realized Harry was never alone. Yes, he passed away, and we were grieving; but that doesn't mean he was abandoned or alone.

My dad before he passed away sat on the edge of his hospital bed and talked to someone. He said it was an angel. The nurses thought he was crazy. What do you believe? Dad was never alone even when he was old and sick.

They both believed that Jesus will return. In fact, Harry told us to hang on to that. We'll all see each other again. This life is short and a small moment in time compared to everlasting life. The Lord will return and set it all right.

I don't know why God allowed the bus accident, but I know He was there with them. He didn't leave them for even a second. I know when He returns, the dead in Christ shall rise first. We which remain shall be taken up and join them in the air. I believe we'll have new bodies and He'll wipe away all our tears.

I love this verse...

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. (2Peter 1:11)

It must be a noisy and joyful event. I can barely sit still thinking about it. A military homecoming I saw was fireworks, flares, music, singing, waving banners. It was a big deal. When my daughter's unit was coming we could hear them marching long before they entered the building. They shook the whole building. Can you imagine being reunited with your family? I am expecting the most wonderous and momentous day.

Love,

Mary

A simple question for those in the world who want to blame God ... ask them "Where in the Bible does it say that children of God will be exempt from this kind of tragedy in this life?" (We do not need to defend that which God has not stated)

Secondly, ask them where these children of God who died in the flesh are right now according to the Word of God?

Thirdly, ask if they realize that the Bible tells us, the children of God, that we will face many trials and tribulations in this life.

God has said that it is appointed unto men to die once and then judgment. He did not say how or when, but that we would die. If, by the will of God, we happen to be in the flesh when He returns we know that we will be changed int eh twinkling of an eye. This current flesh will be shed at some point, but the hope of the child of God is not in this life, but the eternal life we have been granted as we have been united with Christ.

AMEN LT, SINCE I'VE BEEN A MEMBER OF AAG THE PAST 2-3MOS I HAVE DRAWN SO M UCH CLOSER TO THE LORD. NO MATTER WHAT I'M DOING I'VE ALWAYS CONVERSED WITH HIM. I WAS AT  A LOW POINT WHEN I JOINED AND GOD J UST LED ME RIGHT HERE. NOTHING IS EVER BY CHANCE WITH GOD. HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT. I PRAISE GOD FOR THIS SITE, IT'S JUST AMAZING WATCHING HIM WORK. YES, THERE IS A TIME FOR EVERYTHING, WHATEVER IT IS WE ARE GOING THRU, THIS TO SHALL PASS. YOU NEVER KNOW WHATS WAITING AROUND THE NEXT CORNER. WHAT WOULD IT BE LIKE OF WE DIDN'T HAVE HIM, I CAN'T AND DON'T WANT TO IMAGINE. I REALLY AM BLESSED BY YOUR INPUT. SO MANY WONDERFUL CHRISTIANS ON HERE. MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU AND KEEP. LOVE YOU KAY

We are so glad that AAG has been a benefit to you and thank you for sharing it with us.

Lord Bless,

LT

Kay, we've been blessed by you as well. So great to have met you sis.

LT,

You asked:

"Where in the Bible does it say that children of God will be exempt from this kind of tragedy in this life?"

Last Wednesday in Bible Study at church we looked at Proverbs 3, and when I saw your reply, I remembered these verses.

“Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared” (Proverbs 3:25-26).

We were studying the benefits of wisdom. This bus crash certainly could be considered as a "sudden disaster" and not only for those who died but for their loved ones left behind to grieve and for the injured who may not recover completely or may have lifelong scars, not only physically but emotionally due to the tragic circumstances.

We know that we have trouble in this world, yes. Those who are in rebellion may suffer from bad experiences to bring them back to God -- these things I know.

I think the struggle for the most part is like that of Job's -- when suffering comes when there's no continuous or habitual sinning in someone's life.

When these painful things happen to the saved, does it mean we aren't wise? I would say the verses in Proverbs 3 aren't guarantees but a lost person reading them might think they are and then, when a bad thing happens to him or her, God gets blamed. I wish they could be guarantees.

These verses, especially when read in other versions, appear to be directed at an event that is focused on or designed for the wicked and not a random occurrence that may come from what we think of as natural disasters.

Wisdom cannot keep us from suffering. We can look to the lives of the apostles and how they gave them in service to the Lord, or the early church and all those who died for their beliefs. We also can look around our world today in places like Sudan and see that Christians are persecuted and executed simply because of their faith in Christ. They were born there and this is the life that is before them, in the flesh. Simply being wise will not keep them from harm.

Lord Bless,

LT 

It's always difficult to know what to say or how to react when humankind is faced with such tragedies, affecting believers and unbelievers alike, but they happen with regular frequency in this corrupt and sinful world in which we live.  It's been that way ever since the fall of our first parents, Adam and Eve. 

Life is hard and life is real.  So is death.  Each of us will eventually die; it's only a matter of time. As beloved children of God, our physical death isn’t the last word.  I can't take away the fear of human death.  But I do believe that we have a destiny beyond death; that God will do to us what God did to Jesus – God will raise us from the dead.  Jesus is the resurrection and the life.  That is our Christian hope.  Jesus said: “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die" (John 11:25-26) (NKJV).

Another verse that can help comfort us in the midst of tragedy: "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. ... And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:18,28) (NIV).

Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

Thank you for your right-on responses to this subject matter.

I am honored to be a part of AAG with you guys.

Actually, Jesus was asked similar questions in Luke 13:1-5, " Now on the same occasion there were some present who reported to Him about the Galileans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

And He answered and said to them, "Do you suppose that these Galileans were greater sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered this fate?

I tell you no, but unless you  repent, you will all likewise perish.

Or do you suppose that those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, were worse culprits than all the men who live in Jerusalem?

I tell you no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

So, our Lord was telling His questioners not to place blame on anyone who was killed because of God's punishment, but to make sure they were right through repentance themselves. The same holds true today.

We don't usually know why people die, or are killed. But, I believe there's a reason for everything that happens in this world. God knows, and He doesn't have to explain anything.

Isaiah 55:8," For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord." 

People have been known to come forward to salvation in times of tragedies. Likewise, ones with shallow roots have left God.

Seems to me that folks who refuse to believe in God......and submit to Him, have a problem with pride (theirs) which was one of the temptations that Satan laid on Jesus in Matthew, Chapter 4.      And/or the person might think that God should lower Himself to him or her.....and fit into their mold. God did come to the world with John 3:16. If an unbeliever really understood what Jesus did for the world.........church-goers would have to make reservations because of the crowds attending.

Grace and Peace to all.

Richard,

A big shout-out and "high fives" all around to you for serving up generous portions of 1 Thessalonians 5:11 and sharing it with the beloved here on AAG.

Colby

I think too a reason that some people don't believe may be. because the Holy Ghost isn't drawing them to Him yet.

Richard,

Amen and Amen.  Beautifully said.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service