All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

How can a person prove to others the bible's not some "man made book corupted by man"? For those who believe it's God's word but it's been corupted over the years.

And, what do I do if I tell someone a doctrine (the deity of Christ), that it's in the bible but I get a comment "Than the bible's wrong!"

Views: 1341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How can you serve a Savior that the Scriptures aren't truthful about Who that Savior truly is?

Exactly my point.

I could never trust anyone who leaves a little truth out or sways it to not be fully truth, God or anyone else. Half truth is a lie & we know who the father of that is.

Neither can I hence why I wanted to know how could I trust the Bible was accurate. But most arguments seem to go like this:

How do you know the Bible is accurate?

Because it's the word of God

How do you know it's the word of God?

Cos the Bible says so

This is a circular argument and logically incoherent. If an atheist used this kind of logic we would criticize them for it. Plus to say we don't need evidence for faith means we can't criticize atheists since they don't need evidence for their faith according to us.

Grazer,

What world are you living in? We toss the atheist theories and philosophies up, for that very thing; they use nonsensical and circular arguments all the time. Human philosophy is full of quotes which break the very laws of logic that have been established. The rules of epistemology are often being ignored by philosophers. The rules that apply to all other literature seemed not to come into play when we talk about the bible. 

Most arguments do not go as you describe it, not from the apologist of today or the past. If anyone should know better is you, since it appears that you like to research such things.

The bible has stood the test of time and the scrutiny of many fools who say there is no God.

What world do I live in? The one where people seem to think faith has to be without evidence for it to be faith. Which one are you in?

Re: circular arguments. Yes we do yet some Christians seem to think circular arguments are valid. Regarding the Bible not being changed, that is how most arguments seem to go and its how its gone here.

I actually never criticize atheists. So, what do you base your opinion on? Are you left serving your own devises & opinions? Does He become who You feel He should be? 

I 100% agree with you, especially on this part:

How do you know the Bible is accurate?

Because it's the word of God

How do you know it's the word of God?

Cos the Bible says so

The Stig,
why is it that you need evidence?
Look around you,
The Beautiful sky we get too look at every day,
The Lord paints His Sky with different
colors, and He made the trees, The Flowers
He made everything, God's DNA
Is Everywhere!
Air we breathe.
Genesis says that God Breathed life into Adam.
That's more than Evidence Enough!
Look at His creation.
You are similar too Doubting Thomas
I'm not here too argue or too debate
but too tell you the truth that God is
indeed So Real!
Haven't you prayed?
God is waiting for you stig

Yes I have prayed, I needed evidence because I was an atheist and I needed to know that the Bible was actually trust worthy before committing my life to something. Seems perfectly reasonable to me

Stig

One thing I would like to say is I praise God that you did discover the truth regardless of how you found it. 

I agree with you on practically everything you are saying Stig! You're much more articulate than me and are taking the words right out of my mouth!

Chek out this group:

Apologetics - Above all else love one another!

http://www.allaboutgod.net/group/allaboutgodnet

Specifically check out this discussion:

Is the Bible we used today faithful to the original languages or is it corrupted?

http://www.allaboutgod.net/group/allaboutgodnet/forum/topics/is-the...

Hi Feet, God bless!

This is from 1 Samuel. It was a dark time because even God's own people weren't believing in God's word. They lost the ark of God to the Philistines. The original scroll(s) were in the ark.

1 Samuel 5

And the Philistines took the ark of God, and brought it from Ebenezer unto Ashdod. When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon, and set it by Dagon.

Comment: They think they can present the ark before their god dagon. They view themselves as conquerors.

And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again.

Comment: Their false god could not stand before the ark of God. If none of us believe in Him, He will prove Himself.

And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the LORD; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him.

Comment: What do you think God's actions are saying?

Therefore neither the priests of Dagon, nor any that come into Dagon's house, tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod unto this day. But the hand of the LORD was heavy upon them of Ashdod, and he destroyed them, and smote them with emerods, even Ashdod and the coasts thereof.

Comment: I've read that emerods are hemorroids, and also that they were boils.

And when the men of Ashdod saw that it was so, they said, The ark of the God of Israel shall not abide with us: for his hand is sore upon us, and upon Dagon our god. They sent therefore and gathered all the lords of the Philistines unto them, and said, What shall we do with the ark of the God of Israel? And they answered, Let the ark of the God of Israel be carried about unto Gath. And they carried the ark of the God of Israel about thither.

Comment: Note the change in attitude. A lot more respect towards God. God is proving Himself to them.

And it was so, that, after they had carried it about, the hand of the LORD was against the city with a very great destruction: and he smote the men of the city, both small and great, and they had emerods in their secret parts.

Comment: They gave up and sent the ark of God to Ekron. The people of Ekron had heard about the ark of God. God's reputation is spreading.

Therefore they sent the ark of God to Ekron. And it came to pass, as the ark of God came to Ekron, that the Ekronites cried out, saying, They have brought about the ark of the God of Israel to us, to slay us and our people. So they sent and gathered together all the lords of the Philistines, and said, Send away the ark of the God of Israel, and let it go again to his own place, that it slay us not, and our people: for there was a deadly destruction throughout all the city; the hand of God was very heavy there. And the men that died not were smitten with the emerods: and the cry of the city went up to heaven.

Comment: The ark of God spent seven months in the land of the Philistines. They eventually decided to attach the ark to two cows. They put offerings with the the ark and sent the ark on its way. It's in 1 Samuel 6.

1 John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.  In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Even if none of us believe the Word, God will prove Himself.

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. (Proverbs 9:10)

Love and God bless,

Mary

For me this question is really simple ... or maybe I am really simple :-)

Belief in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit as well as the Bible can only come as a result of the Spirit's work in our lives. We can chase after God intellectually, but we are saved spiritually. This is so evident when we recognize that we have seen countless people become saved by the simple, yet powerful, sharing of the gospel. They did not have to read the early church leaders or what the latest best seller had to say. They simply need the plain Word of God accompanied by a move of the Holy Spirit. It really is that simple, yet very profound!!!

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service