All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Tammy will be thrilled to know that Joyce Meyer's site was down a bit today and therefore, I took to listening to Jackie Francis Chan.  LOL I gotta pull her chain on this occasionally. 

So Chan is talking about how most people say they're not persecuted because we live in America and he disagrees.  He says if we're not persecuted it is because we don't go to the dangerous places to preach.  He quotes about Paul going into the places he knew were dangerous but doing so because that's where God told him to go.

Ok...so God told Paul to go there.  To some He called as pastors, some teachers, some evangelists, etc.  And to some...maybe He told them to be missionaries, to go into dangerous places, etc.  Perhaps He has another call for others.  If we're not being shot at, imprisoned or threatened with death...is that all there is to persecution?  How about being refuted by relatives, neighbors, friends?  They may not threaten our lives, but then did God tell each of us to leave your home and family and go into the most dangerous places you can find?

Views: 940

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I seen your post edit  lolollololol

or did I "saw" it???? 

who you talking to girl?

=D ... Seek edited her forum post putting a line through the word Jackie and then writing the word Francis.  Every one of yall can be funny.

hey I am really glad you will be reading that book with me.  Im a slow learner but Im going to try.

lol I just reread some of her editing, she went on to say that """Chan"""" is talking.....

ok.... wait .. that new mans name is chan... I need to sign out.

hahahaha.. you make me laugh girl.. I'm excited to read it to.. Maybe we can get some more recruits here on AAG to join us.  We can start a group page and do it up right. :-)

LOL I wasn't gonna confuse anyone else by leaving it Jackie for those who didn't read the thread before responding.  And thought, welllll...I don't wanna confuse people who DO read the thread and wonder what they're talking about Jackie, when it says Francis.  So I figured get em both.  Leave Jackie, but strikethrough it.  It was quite a conundrum.

ROFL. Just seen this. Glad to see you've moved on to a real teacher

Oh I listen to a lot of them.  My own Bishop, Charles Stanley, Joyce Meyers, Jackie (aka) Francis Chan, and that dude at Godfirst Church over in South Africa, PJ Smyth.  I found one set of teachings I liked from David Jeremiah too...but didn't care for much else from him.  I'm a widely varied type of person. 

Love me some Dr. David Jeremiah, Tony Evans, David Wilkerson (but bless his heat you'll have to wait and see him), but u can read about him, Jim Cymbala, and the list goes on.

I've read Cymbala and Wilkerson's stuff.  Also forgot that I've listened to Warren at times as well.  Reading Kenneth and Gloria Copeland devotionals right now, plus Priscilla Shrirer's "One in a Millon" and "Resolution for Women".  I've read others as well, Bob George, Max Lucado, and a bunch I can't even think of right now.  I guess I like a bit of variety at times.  Kinda like my music tastes, I go for the topic I like rather than the author.  Some things I like from one person and not others.  So I jump around.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service