All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Have you every felt you or others expect perfection from you, when it is impossible for us all.  What is important is to be yourself, yet with thoughts of perfection again impossible.  How then is the best way to just be yourself?  Just a child of God working out their Faith.  Why, do we try to hide our flaws, when if others knew it may help.  Not like leading others astray, just working out our flaws through Grace. 

Views: 760

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

J~ (Ali)

Thanks for bringing that up, because that is true.

Char,

That is not called trying to be perfect, but rather being responsible and a grown up. haha :)

Char,

You need to add - being like a kid to your list, because unless you are like a child, we are not entering heaven hahaha

Be of good cheer beloved:

We can do NOTHING without Christ, but we can do ALL things with Christ.

To speak of perfection, Holiness, and things such as these. We must see them from and through Jesus not based on ourselves. That would give pride an open invitation into our thoughts and viewpoints. When we are Born Again, obviously not a physical action. A birth by Faith, Faith in the Actions of our Lord. We we should all strive to be the Child of God, that is based on His Will and Plan for us. 3 By His divine Power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know Him, the One who called us to Himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 4 And because of His glory and excellence, He has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share His Divine Nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires 2Peter 1:3-4 We have so very many Gifts and Abilities that come with being a Child of God. We are not able to walk in any of them, without His Grace, Power, Mercy, and the list goes on and on. The enemy would want us to either think we can, or shun the idea because the thought itself can sound or appear prideful. Yet, this in no way means we should not strive to do His Will. “By His divine Power, God has given us everything we need for living a Godly life....” As the verse continues as we come to know Him, we receive and are empowered to live in Victory, All to the Glory of Jesus. “...These are the promises that enable you to share His Divine Nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.” For all of these promises to work effectively in our lives, we must know them. As in Phil 3:12 “...But I keep pursuing it, hoping somehow to embrace it just as I have been embraced by the Messiah Jesus.”

In many verses the word “perfection,” means mature and complete. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. James 1:3-4
Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way. James 3:2
In Matt 5 Jesus is talking about Love. To love your enemies not just family. We know also that alone this is not something we can do without Him. But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect. Matt 5:48 We need Him to have the Strength and Ability to live and grow in obedience. Although He was crucified in weakness, He now Lives by the Power of God. We, too, are weak, just as Christ was, but when we deal with you we will be alive with Him and will have God's power. 2Co 13:4 I do not believe the point can be made enough. Perfection, Holiness, Obedience, Gifts, Abilities, and everything else we are called to do, and instructed to do. In and of ourselves we cannot do them.
It's not that I have already reached this goal or have already become perfect. But I keep pursuing it, hoping somehow to embrace it just as I have been embraced by the Messiah Jesus. Phil 3:12 These are some of the things we strive for. I long for that day I hear those Words, “Well done my good and faithful servant...” Not out of pride of self. But, to be the best servant I am able to be, in Christ. To be perfect and perfected in Jesus, for His Glory and those I have been called to work together with. He deserves nothing less than my desire for perfection.

Loved this Amanda

David,

Fulfill the law?

Blessings.....

Rita

Rita,

Romans 8

King James Version (KJV)

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Amanda,

Excellent post from last Tuesday, Sis.

Grace and Peace.

Chris,

I want to be perfect in the eyes of the Lord. I understand I am already perfect in my Lord, but I wanted to walk in perfect love. I have to admit that I do not do that. However, I want to. No sooner had the words escaped from my mouth that I want to walk in perfect love than the greatest test in my life hits. I had some people do some very evil things against me and the school I represent. When it hit I immediately recognized how far I am from perfect love.

I have no doubt of God's love for me just the way I am. But He is not allowing me to remain satisfied in my present condition. I want to be like Jesus Who prayed Father, forgive them. I am amazed by His power and love. I believe He did this as a man like me. I am over thirty years older than He was when He did that. I am overwhelmed by His love. I admire that act on the cross more than the very creation itself even though that is beyond imagination as well.

Jesus is my hero. He is what I want to be but really feel I will never achieve it. Yet, I march on towards that goal. Are will willing to be killed as a test? Did Paul forgive those that killed him at probably approximately my present age? What about Peter and James? I think they did. I am trying to think of the name of the apostle around the turn of the 1st century that could not wait until his martyrdom. He so wanted to die as His Lord. He wanted to love those who were murdering him.

Perfect love. Is it available to us today? Our Lord had it and instructed us to love our enemies. Is that possible?

Roy, be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the “renewing of the mind”; Yes I believe it is for us today, and is possible if we would just take a few moments to reflect on the aspects of Love written in the Word, 1Cor.13. Ampl. I have posted this before, but just as a reminder I will post it again.

Knowing this, that God is Love. And because I walk in love and love lives in me;

#1. I endure long.

#2. I am patient and kind.

#3. I am never envious, nor do I boil over with jealousy.

#4. I am never boastful, or vainglorious.

#5. I never display myself haughtily.

#6. I am not conceited, arrogant or inflated with pride.

#7. I am never rude, (unmannerly)

#8. I do not act unbecomingly.

#9. I never insist on my own rights or my own ways.

#10. I am not self-seeking.

#11. I am not touchy, fretful, or resentful.

#12. I take no account of an evil done to me.

#13. I pay no attention to a suffered wrong.

#14. I do not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness.

#15. I do rejoice when right and truth prevails.

#16. I bear up under anything and everything that comes.

#17. I am ever ready to believe the best of everyone.

#18. My hopes are fadeless under all circumstances.

#19. I endure everything without weakening.

#20. The love in me never fails, never fades out, becomes obsolete, or comes to an end.

Can we do it? I believe we can by the renewing of the mind.

Lord Bless.

JB.

I believe it is important to know all that is available to us in Christ Jesus. We know that, “For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard.” Rom 3:23  This should be seen as a starting point, not a definition or closing remark of who we are. Some have used this verse to “keep others in line.” We know this is attitude to control or put others down is not in Love. Because if it was true then, what about this verse? No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. Rom 8:37 We know God wants a humble heart. We also know His Strength is best shown through our weakness. but he has told me, “My grace is all you need, because my power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore, I will most happily boast about my weaknesses, so that the Messiah’s power may rest on me. 2Cor 12:9 Again and again we are taught the strength in humility. “He has filled the hungry with good things and the rich he has sent away empty handed.” Luke 1:53 The humble are filled the prideful are sent away lacking. Yet, the desire to serve Him in the best way we know how, or as perfectly as we are able to do so, is not fantasy or prideful when we keep that humble heart. For it is God who is producing in you both the desire and the ability to do what pleases Him. Phil 2:13 God's way is perfect! The promise of the LORD has proven to be true. He is a shield to all those who take refuge in Him. Ps 18:30 God has made us what we are. He has created us in Christ Jesus to live lives filled with good works that He has prepared for us to do. Eph 2:10
We see God giving us not only the desire but, the ability to serve Him. ...those who take refuge in Him. They not only discover His Protection, they see His Promises taking place in their life. To take refuge in Him we must be humble, to see His Perfection working in our lives certainly builds confidence in our Trust of Him. We may or may not ever be perfect of ourselves here on earth, but we are Created in Christ Jesus. It is because of that fact, we are able to live the life and do the work He planned for us to do. Once more, we may never be “perfect,” yet in Christ we are able to fulfill His Will and do the work according to His Plan for us, perfectly. Some will see the word perfection and dismiss everything else shared, and call me prideful. That begs the question, do you really want to do His Will anything short of perfection? We are encouraged with this verse, I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phil 4:13  Not some but, “All.” To those who love to build boxes and put other believers in, or even God inside at times. So many focusing on what we should Not do, they limit what can be done through them. Few verses make that point more clear than this one, When a potter makes jars out of clay, doesn't he have a right to use the same lump of clay to make one jar for decoration and another to throw garbage into? Rom 9:21 Yes, pride can be linked to wanting others to see perfection in us. The desire to do His Will perfectly is not of itself prideful. Thinking we can be perfect without Jesus, The Spirit, or Father God, well that is foolishness first, then prideful second. From experience I can say, when He needs or wants to humble us God has no seconds. When He humbles us we have a choice, one be humiliated and want to just give up. Or, accept the humbling, Give Thanks for His Love is clear, and continue on your way wanting to bring Glory to The Lord, with the desire of perfection.

We can be sure of this: God is going to work on those He loves. He is not going to leave them where they are - unchallenged and dormant. He is going to take them to higher heights with Him. He does not ask us for our permission since He now owns us having purchased us. He will move heaven and earth for us (He has certainly shown that in the past) but at times it will appear that heaven and earth is moving against us. He has all the resources and He will use them. He controls weather. He controls governments. He has all the kings in His hands. We might as well not fret about things. Ours is to submit to His love - His chisel as you spoke of above, Chris. He is Lord.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service