All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

If someone says Jesus can't be God because Jesus prayed to God like

2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+11:2&version=KJV

If I get told "See Jesus didn't pray to himself he prayed to his Heavenly Father". I know Jesus didn't pray to Himself but I'm not sure what to tell them.

And if someone says

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+20:17&version=KJV

If someone says Jesus can't be God because he has a God what do I say?

Views: 521

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Woah! So, if we look in a mirror we know....Christ is living in us, in our hearts? Wow!

I know another sister in Christ has told me before. It's just so amazing to hear it again!

2Cor 3:18 As all of us reflect the Lord's glory with faces that are not covered with veils, we are being changed into His image with ever-increasing glory. This comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.  As we grow closer and closer to the Lord, we become more and like Him.  As we put forth Faith we reflect His Will.  As we strive to be like Him, we will be and are by His Grace we bring Him Honor.

Amen

He's saying Christ abides in you. Look in the mirror & you will see Christ.

Thanks Amanda and Chris. Thank you  for even caring enough to reach out to someone like me...I'm sorry if I sounded like I was in an emotional upheaval last night. Forgive me...

Something I forgot to mention while on yesterday. I was advised not to use any of their literature, right? Well, they'll only listen to literature from the WT society. A couple things was tried to give to them (a few things from Voice of the Martyrs,a magazine and later on a book) but they were turned down.

Mom said (insert the name of the elder's wife) looked scared. We showed a very old KJV. She seemed to like it but there's no way she'd be allowed to read it and her elder husband know about it.

Anyways, they're not allowed to read "apostate literature". If they want to read something they have to get permission from the governing body. It'd be wonderful to read my KJV with them. But, I tried a long time ago to question them with verses (before I didn't know the NWT was corupted and thought it was just another translation). Guess what happened? I got pointed to the NWT. I show something they'll point to a watchtower or the NWT.

There's no point in arguing. They believe the NWT is God's word and all others are corupt. If I show my bible they'll show how wrong my translation is and "help me" by going to the NWT.

And that is why you must allow the Holy Spirit to write His Word on your heart -- so that you may "speak" it. They don't have to read it. You don't have to show it to them or read it to them. You need to know the Gospel message and be able to share it in a conversation and quote the verses from memory or at least their true meanings. If they have ears to hear, they will hear. But God has to do the calling and drawing and revealing to them. You can't do that part. God the Father has to open their eyes and their hearts to Jesus the Son.

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.--Romans 10:17, NIV.

He who has ears, let him hear.-- Matthew 11:15, NIV.

Have you ever heard that saying: all around Robin Hood's barn? It means "going somewhere by an indirect route; going way out of the way [to get somewhere]; by a long and circuitous route."

God's way is not through deceit or through trickery (Robin Hood was a prince of thieves). You cannot trick people into believing Truth over lies. The best way to help someone is through confrontation out of concern. You learn how to confront people out of deep concern and in love, trusting that Holy Spirit will help them make those changes that God requires.

The gospel? That's one of the problems. I don't know how to preach the gospel to them.

I know I have to trust the Holy Spirit. It'd be easier if I knew how to preach the gospel...He's put it in me, the desire that is. I just don't know how to preach it to them. For once they hear the word cross or Christ rose in the body they'll get defensive and possibly argue. Showing me "proof" from a watchtower or their corupted bible and than I'll probably get tounge tied. I don't want to make Jesus or me to end up looking foolish because they end up showing false evidence.

It's not that you must preach it but you can teach it or just be a witness to it. You have a testimony. Here is a good article that might help you.  What is a Christian testimony?

I know how to type out my testamony I'm just not sure how to verbally tell people. Especially, when they may put words in my mouth...

I'd love to just preach the gospel.

How can I teach or be a witness to it?

Absorb yourself in the true Scriptures and when it comes time for you to verbally share the Gospel or your testimony, the Holy Spirit will provide you with the right words at the right time. It is not about you and your own efforts. God equips us for these things. Jesus said: For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. 35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. (Matthew 12:34-35, NIV)

As for the Gospel ... do you know what the Gospel is?

This article explains it: "What are the essentials of the gospel message?"

Question: "How can I be saved?"

Answer: This simple, yet profound, question is the most important question that can be asked. ”How can I be saved?” deals with where we will spend eternity after our lives in this world are over. There is no more important issue than our eternal destiny. Thankfully, the Bible is abundantly clear on how a person can be saved. The Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” (Acts 16:30). Paul and Silas responded, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31).

How can I be saved? Why do I need to be saved?
We are all infected with sin (Romans 3:23). We are born with sin (Psalm 51:5), and we all personally choose to sin (Ecclesiastes 7:20; 1 John 1:8). Sin is what makes us unsaved. Sin is what separates us from God. Sin is what has us on the path to eternal destruction.

How can I be saved? Saved from what?
Because of our sin, we all deserve death (Romans 6:23). While the physical consequence of sin is physical death, that is not the only kind of death that results from sin. All sin is ultimately committed against an eternal and infinite God (Psalm 51:4). Because of that, the just penalty for our sin is also eternal and infinite. What we need to be saved from is eternal destruction (Matthew 25:46; Revelation 20:15).

How can I be saved? How did God provide salvation?
Because the just penalty for sin is infinite and eternal, only God could pay the penalty, because only He is infinite and eternal. But God, in His divine nature, could not die. So God became a human being in the person of Jesus Christ. God took on human flesh, lived among us, and taught us. When the people rejected Him and His message, and sought to kill Him, He willingly sacrificed Himself for us, allowing Himself to be crucified (John 10:15). Because Jesus Christ was human, He could die; and because Jesus Christ was God, His death had an eternal and infinite value. Jesus’ death on the cross was the perfect and complete payment for our sin (1 John 2:2). He took the consequences we deserved. Jesus’ resurrection from the dead demonstrated that His death was indeed the perfectly sufficient sacrifice for sin.

How can I be saved? What do I need to do?
“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31). God has already done all of the work. All you must do is receive, in faith, the salvation God offers (Ephesians 2:8-9). Fully trust in Jesus alone as the payment for your sins. Believe in Him, and you will not perish (John 3:16). God is offering you salvation as a gift. All you have to do is accept it. Jesus is the way of salvation (John 14:6).

http://www.gotquestions.org/how-can-I-be-saved.html

Sister, this seems importent so I might as well bring it up.

Their definitions are different than what the bible says.

If they get told "salvation" they won't think of God's grace. They'll think of going door to door and doing whatever they have to do inorder to earn salvation so they don't get destroyed at armmagedon.

When we think of Christ's death we think that all sins are covered. But, they think only their adamic, their inherited sin from Adam, was what Christ died for. They don't think He died for their personal sins. They think they pay for it by dieing. And, it's up to Jehovah whether or not they will be good enough for eternal life.

We think of salvation as a gurantee, they think of it as possible.

See the problem?

It's like what Mrs.___ told us in junior high (she taught art).

She wasn't sure if what was going on in her brain was the same what was going on in the students' brains when she would explain art or lessons or whatever.

The same thing in this situation except it has to do with the gospel and not art class.

I know I have to depend on the Holy Spirit....is it importent about their definitions are different?

Sister, thanks for taking the time to talk. I'm realizing the true problems. And, one problem is their definitions are different than bible definitions. Discussing this is revealing where the core issues of this situation rest.

It'd be easier to depend on the Holy Spirit if their definitons weren't different.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service