All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

What does scriptures say about religions intermixing?  I have been seeing more and more people who are church goers who are saying that the people who say that you cant mix things that are against God with the things that are for god are  being hateful.  They dont word it like that but that's basically what they are against IMO. They do call them hateful though.   They are for the coexisting of religions.

I did engine searches but I only found opinions and not very much scripture. Thank you for any scriptures explaining .

Views: 833

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've attended Mass. In fact, the conversation I was having with the Catholic guy centered around that very thing. I said I didn't feel guilty for attending Mass. I was there with a client who was disabled and I was helping her attend Mass. She was wheelchair bound. It was my 9-5 job, and she wanted to attend noon mass during my shift with her. The man said it was strange that I could do it because he knew he'd never be able to attend my church and think the same thing.

oh really? Who knows? You could have made an impression on him & someday he will come to the full truth. We can only pray & live in front of them & you did just that. Amen

He was very devout. I'd hoped to influence my sister, too, but have no assurance that any of her JW beliefs changed before she passed.

I dont know anything about the catholic church but knew and worked ith some.

I actually believe some will make it to heaven. They have essential doctrines right concerning the person of Jesus, His deity, and so forth.
I've also provided private duty care to someone who practiced Judaism. I helped her prepare Passover foods. She was a very devout Jew. I tried talking to her about Jesus, the Lamb, but she wouldn't hear it. She said, "You really believe all that stuff, don't you!"

That is cool

I've encountered atheists, Buddhists, and many others, as well as those under the umbrella of Christianity -- Lutheran, Wesleyan, Baptist, etc... Once, I was present when a woman was brought communion one Sunday. She was Lutheran. The man who visited her also gave me the opportunity to participate. I declined the communion but listened and prayed and participated in that way.

Jesus is looking for worshippers in Spirit and in Truth

New Living Translation
For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth."

Anyone who worships anyone other than Jesus is worshipping another spirit, is not worshipping in truth.  This is not compatible with John 4:24. 

Yes... this is why I am wondering how can they worship together/ Wouldnt that make God angry? To see his chosen worshipping with ones who believe He is beneath the one they serve? 

Idolatry always makes God angry....because it puts people in a position of being separated from Him. 

It's not hateful to speak the truth (the narrow way).  However, it is hateful to keep the truth hidden from people.  If we side with today's cultural political correctedness (not a word, but you get the gist), then we are lying to people, and leading them away from God who loves them and wants to reconcile them to Himself.  HE's the only One who can do that.

Seekers should always be welcome in church, but they are there to learn about Jesus....who HE is and what HE has done for us. 

Amen.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service