All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

End Times Study and Sorting Biblical Truth from False Statements

There is a lot of material out there drawing your attention these days. Specifically, I think you will see a number of discussions in church that pay a lot of attention to "end-times' prophecy. I feel that a broad-based study of the full Bible is a healthy place to center your attention.

I'm curious if the membership here has formed any opinion on the material by Ronald Weinland. He has done a couple of publications that are directed toward end-time prophecy. I will join the discussion with some specific opinions after some dialog from others has been shared.

Views: 423

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi All Just found this website and is so wonderful to find a place on the internet that has other Christians who believe the way I do. I lead an endtime Bible Study class were I live and has been my passion for many years. Two years ago I purchased most of the Endtime Ministries video's and they are awesome. It is amazing how things are falling into place. I am currently in the Mark of The Beast video and we are heading down that road at full speed. I have about 12 that teach different aspects of the endtimes and would recommend them to everyone. God Bless Joyce
YES JOYCE THRER ARE MANY SIGNS OF THE END TIMES. I DO BELIEVE THAT WE ARE THE GENERATION WHO WILL BE RAPTURED TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR. I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET SOME OF MY FRIENDS WHO HAVE GONE BEFORE ME.I AM TRULY RAPTURE READY.

DONNA HARDIGREE
We see many things converging that indicate we may live to see final events and possibly the return of Christ.

However, I have learned to reject the fear mongers and those who tell us to ignore prophecy alike. They are both wrong.

For me, I believe that end time prophecies are given for our hope and preparation. We are to be busy, in anticipation of the soon return of Christ. That means doing the work he has called us to - reaching the lost and teaching the Good News.

Jesus said that the faithful servant is the one who remains busy and prepared for his master's return.
YES WE SHOULD BE BUSY WITH THE WORK OF THE LORD. WE SHOULD ALSO WATCH FOR THE PHROPHECTIC SIGNS OF HIS COMMING.

HERE IS SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

Are we the last generation before the rapture?

Signs of the Last Generation

The Bible says... Scripture Reference Fullfillment

The final generation will be the one that witnesses the blossoming of the "fig tree."

"When I found Israel,
it was like finding grapes in the desert;
when I saw your fathers,
it was like seeing the early fruit on the {fig tree}
But when they came to Baal Peor,
they consecrated themselves to that shameful idol
and became as vile as the thing they loved
Hosea 9:10
Israel returned as a nation in 1948 fulfilling God"s promise to Abraham. Israel is always referred to as the "fig tree" and Christ taught that Israel"s forefathers were the first fruits in his fig tree.

There will be wars and rumors of wars.

Mark 13:7
When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.
Mark 13:7
The last 100 years have seen more wars than any time since creation.
An army called "the Kings of the East" will march into the Middle East at the battle of Armageddon and have the Euphrates river dry-up before them.

The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East.

Rev. 16:12

Dams built in the 1970"s have given Turkey the ability to dry-up the Euphrates. In 1990 they stopped the river for a month to fill a reservoir. Now you can see why Turkey must be part of the Islamic camp....to make way for the three different attack routes the Russians and Arabs will utilize in their Magog attack on Israel.

There will be Earthquakes in diverse places.

Matthew 24:7

Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.
Matthew 24:7

Earthquakes have increased in frequency and intensity some 2,000% since Israel returned to the land in 1948.

An end-time global government will arise and break the world into ten regions described as the "Revived Roman Empire."
Rev. 13:1-2

And the dragon stood on the shore of the sea.

The Beast out of the Sea

And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority.
Rev 17:12-13
The same year Israel returned to the land a group known as the "Club of Rome" signed what was called the "Treaty of Rome" creating the European Union that plans to divide the world into ten regions. The Pope has called the EU the "Revived Roman Empire." Signers of the treaty were quoted as saying: "We felt like real Romans that day....purposely recreating the Roman Empire."

Jerusalem will be trodden-down by the Gentiles until the time of the Gentiles has come to an end. This is to happen just prior to the return of Christ.
Luke 21:24
The Israelis recaptured Jerusalem in the 1967 war.

In days to come Jacob will take root, Israel will bud and blossom and fill all the world with fruit.
Isaiah 27:6

Samuel Clemens, better known as Mark Twain, traveled the barren desertland of Palestine in 1863. He claimed in his book Innocence Abroad that in his journey from Jerusalem to Galilee he saw only one Arab. Aside from Jerusalem and Jaffa, most of Palestine was very sparsely settled, primarily because no one could live in the barren land.

Israel now provides over 90% of all citrus fruit consumed in Europe. Since 1948 more than 200 million trees have been planted. This combined with modern irrigation has transformed the precipitation cycle which governs the weather system of Israel (aka Palestine).

the generation alive at the time Israel returns to the land will not all pass away before all things, including the return of Christ with his saints, are accomplished.
Luke 21:29-32
He told them this parable: "Look at the fig tree and all the trees. When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.
Luke 21:29-31

Pending. Depending upon the scripture reference a Biblical generation may be anywhere from 40-70 years. We are more than 50 years into that time frame.

During the Great Tribulation, God will have to shorten the daylight hours because the sun will be scorching man.

Rev. 16:8-9

The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was given power to scorch people with fire. They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.
Rev. 16:8-9

Global ozone depletion is being blamed for the blinding of kangaroos in Australia as well as penguins and polar bears at the So. Pole where animals are also developing cancerous tumors. Children in So. America are being told to wear sun glasses while most of the krill off the tip of So. America are gone. This is the bottom of the food chain. Paint is oxidizing faster than normal in Australia where sperm counts in men have dropped precipitously. Frogs are mutating and dying in No. America where skin cancers and cataracts are up 50-75%. The U.N., reports that some areas of the Earth have lost nearly all ozone. The ozone hole is now 3-times the size of Europe and nearly continuous volcanic eruptions are exacerbating the situation. Scientists are experimenting with ways to grow more algae in the oceans because of the death of large areas of plankton and algae. They are responsible for 1/4th of our oxygen supply.

storms will become increasingly worse.
Luke 21:25-26

There have been record numbers of tropical storms, hurricanes and tornadoes beginning in the 1990"s. (Sustained winds routinely top 200MPH now.)

famines and pestilence will be common-place.

Luke 21:11

There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.
Luke 21:11

Rev. 6:8

I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Luke 21:29-31

He told them this parable: "Look at the fig tree and all the trees. When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

There have been more deaths from famine since 1950 than any other time in history. Old diseases are gaining the upper-hand and new diseases are appearing regularly that have no cure.

The Antichrist will bring a 7-year peace and protection pact for Israel but when they say "Peace and safety" sudden destruction will come upon them.
1 Thes. 5:3
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, whose name means "Gift from God," has stalled the peace process with the Palestinians by demanding "Peace with safety and peace with security" prompting Arafat to turn to Europe, (the Revived Roman Empire), to join in the peace process. Now that Arafat is dead, will Mohammed Abbas pick up where Arafat left off?

The end-time apostate church will be clothed in scarlet and situated on seven hills.
Rev. 17:3-6 and 9
The Roman Catholic church uses scarlet, sits on the seven hills of Rome, has the nickname-"Babylon," has a pope that says the church has fallen into irreversible apostasy, most of it"s leaders don"t acknowledge Christ as Messiah. The pope has expressed fears his successor may be the false prophet. The "Revived Roman Empire" will be a seven-headed beast that is scarlet in color with ten horns. The apostate church will be symbolized as a woman riding the beast. The E-U will use the same image on it"s single currency known as the "Euro." The image they minted on the first E-U coin was of Charles V. (The first emperor of the Roman Empire).

Knowledge shall be increased and man will run to and fro about the face of the Earth.
Daniel 12:4
Mans" knowledge took 1,450 years to double the first time. It now doubles every two years and science is forecasting that in the 21st Century it will double every few months.

if Christ does not return no flesh will be saved.
Matthew 24:22
Nuclear weaponry makes this the first generation capable of annihilating all life on Earth.

the Antichrist will allow the Jews to rebuild the temple and renew sacrifices.
2 Thes. 2:3-4
Gershon Solomon and the Temple Mount Faithful have found the red heifer ashes necessary to purify the new temple, may have located the Ark of the Covenant, have computerized all Levitical priests" names for temple service, attempted to lay the cornerstone on the Temple Mount and have recreated nearly all implements necessary for temple worship. In fact, a snail used for the blue line on the bottom of the priest"s garment returned to Israel for the first time in 2,000 years when they began to work on the garment. Also, the first red heifer in two thousand years has been born in the Holyland.

Jerusalem will become a burdensome stone and a cup of trembling to the world just prior to Christ"s return.
Zec. 12:2
What is holding-up the peace process in Israel is the insistence that the Jews will never give-up or even share Jerusalem. Look for war!

Russia will lead an Arab confederacy in an attack on Israel.
Ezekiel 38:14-16
Presently, every nation mentioned in the Bible as being part of the attack is aligned with Russia and is being armed by them or China.

In the last generation men will be proud and boastful, lovers of themselves and pleasure rather than lovers of God and that children will be disobedient.
2 Tim. 3:1-5
Look at modern day America!

The end-time population will not repent of their sorceries, from the Greek word "pharmakea" from which we get the word "pharmacy". So, they will not repent of their drug abuse.
Rev. 9:21
Drug usage is on the rampage worldwide and up 141% among American teens.

in the "last days" people will not want to hear sound doctrine.
2 Tim. 3
Turn on the TV and you'll see that most ( but not all) TV Evangelists are hollering about prosperity, self-help, personal empowerment, dry, empty sermons for the most part. Ok, you can turn the TV off now, READ THE BIBLE.

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.
They will say, "Where is this `coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."
2 Peter 3:3-4
The New Age movement, Wicca, and even university religion courses mock Christ's Word.

there will be signs on the sun, the moon and in the stars.
Luke 21:25
Look at the accomplishments of the space age giving us the ability to see asteroids impact Saturn, comets, and even planets outside of our own galaxy.

The Bible says: a strong delusion will accompany the end-times.
2 Thes. 2:11
The New Age belief that man is God. The same lie Satan told in the Garden of Eden.

Accept Christ today, It's later than you think!

NOTE:The Bible says: The Antichrist will come from the same people who destroyed Jerusalem...the Romans. (Hence, the Revived Roman Empire.)

© SonServer 2002-2008 All Rights Reserved
info@SonServer.com / site credits: Lost Horizon
Well said Rick. I agree. :-)
Fear hath torment! 1Jo.4:18, You can do what you want, but as for me and my house we will serve the Lord, We live as if we are going to live forever, but we are ready as if the world will end tomorrow.

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

I'm 78 and I still build houses and operate construction equipment. I have no desire to retire (at least ) in this world!

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Revelation 22:20-21 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

In His Grace,
Joe

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service