All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Peter and Paul were two of the most influential leaders and apostles of the early church. What can we learn from their conversion... in how God touched them both?

I'm interested what people have to say on this. To me this goes to the heart of how God deals with people. What do you all see in these examples?

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Saul had a lot of zeal and was convinced that by getting rid of the Christians that He was doing God a favior. I love the story of his conversion where Jesus himself had to come and straighten out this man and transeformed him into Paul a wonderful man of God.

Peter was a fisherman and went through a lot in his conversion expearence, the patence of the Lord and Gods grace in his life transeformed him into a man of high character and devotion.

The scripture never hides the mistakes and failures of these men either. I have hope in my own life that Gods grace will also through the Holy Spirit conform me into his image also.
Peter is my absolute favorite disciple. I have trouble relating to Paul because he went from being a zealot for the Jews to a zealot for Christians..and Paul just sets such a high example for us...which is a good thing of course.

But Peter, lol, ya gotta love Peter. He had his heart in the right place, but he was just so human. Seems everytime you read about Peter while Jesus was alive he was suffering from foot in mouth syndrome...but Jesus saw the potential in Peter, even if he did mess it up more than he got it right. I also find it interesting that of all the disciples it was Peter who God litteraly had to "force out" to preach to the gentiles (the dream of uncleanfood). By the time you get to Acts and read of Peter preaching to the masses, you just about wanna cheer for him, he has completely transformed.

Peter reminds me that it's ok to mess up as long as I learn from it and make myself stronger and better from my mistakes. Peter makes me feel like it's ok to be human.

BTW...did I mention how much I love Peter?
I think we must learn from their lives and works and go beyond what they accopmlished. I feel they are all to often put on a pedestel and people think we could never attain like accomplishments. we can learn by letting their ceiling become our floor and moving into the greater works, Jesus told us we would do, John 14:12. Of course we learn from their conversion that God will take the normal people and the worst sinners and turn them into powerhouses for the glory and Kingdom of God. This is a call for is to believe God and do the same. Cool Forum, be blessed and loved and may the God of all power show you new realms of His glory.
I can really relate to Paul especially when he said he did the things he should not do, and the very things he knew he should do, he wasn't doing. This goes to show how hopeless our works are. We are sinners who cannot save ourselves.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service