All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Does the homosexual christian exist?This is a topic that has been close to my heart for years.With the rise in large homosexual churches and clergy in recent years all around the world is homosexuality becoming more accepted in the christian faith?
Questions for discussion
Can you be a practising homosexual and be fully committed to god?
Can you be a homosexual christian and abstain from the 'act'?
If you feel you are homosexual and you want to be christian,do you then have to 'change' to fully live your life within christ?
Do fully committed heterosexual christians slate thoses who are homosexual?(be honest)
I decided to write this discussion after watching joni on daystar,who had a guest on,who had lived the homosexual lifestyle,until one day,he claims,God came to him and asked him to change and he did.He claimed he wasnt being changed from homosexuality to heterosexuality.He was being changed from homosexuality to holiness....
He is now happily married with kids and is a missionary....
This is a very mind blowing controversial subject and may also be a very emotional one for people on the NET.
I don't want to start a war(im all for world peace),but i am very interested in WORLD views on this subject........

Views: 299

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Muriel John, I just wanted to comment on how beautiful your words are. How you have opened a broader spectrum. Thank you for your input in this discussion.
love
moomins
xxx
Thats is awesome Muriel God is Love he wants us all to not perish AMEN. Give God a chance and he will change the circumstance. Be bold and humble there is no limits to what God can do.
Hello all and I would like to comment on this subject if I can. I struggled with homosexuality since 98 and then I got saved on June 22 2003. and still struggled with it but since then I have noticed that God is really chaging me from the inside out! Although I still live with the woman that I shared my life with we are both no longer in a sexual relationship. She is saved also. We both get tempted at times but the Holy spirit is there to convict us and help us through it. And we are still both changing in the Lord. It is amazing when you accept Jesus into your heart and life how He changes you.. slowly. It is a process and I believe the more we are in His word the faster we will change holiness. please correct me if I am wrong.

Well that is all I wanted to say.. God bless you!

Sister Janet.
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abonimation. Leviticus 18:22
For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people. Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were commited before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the Lord your God. Leviticus 18:29-30

These verses tell me that homosexuality is acknowledged by God and those who are are not to be hated, they simply cannot be part of my congregation. Homosexuality is not the only abomination by a long shot and I feel that all who conduct themselves in the ways specified should also be removed from the congregation.
Good morning - Allow me to play the devils advocate.
May I ask a question?
Can a Homosexual remain a homosexual throughout his life and insist that he believes in the God of the Old and New Testaments?
The Bible tells me that the devil believes, but he trembles.

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. (Jam 2:19)
I do not believe in the ‘homosexual gene’ and I see this as mans attempt to cast blame at God and deny that this sin is of themselves. The world would like us to believe that man is good and perfectible and has no intrinsic tendency toward sin/evil. Therefore sin/evil must come from something outside of themselves; something beyond there control. God says that man is fallen and sinful, but also redeemable and created in Gods image. I truly believe that homosexuality begins with belief in a lie and insecurity. One of my closest friends is a youth leader and one of her young people just approached her and told her she believes that she is a lesbian. How should my friend council her? I have a very hard time with the ‘outcast’ mentality a lot of Christians have. ‘If you don’t change your ways, don’t come around us any more.’ In fact I think in a lot of ways this is where the church has failed and the world gladly steps in with open arms.

1 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

So many homosexuals have been abused, neglected, raped, or abandoned. I wonder what it is that makes them look to the wrong sex for love. Could it be that this girl who doesn’t get the love she needs from her family, who is intimated by and fearful of the opposite sex and it’s rejection; could be receiving friendship, attention and love from someone of the same sex. Could it be that in that ‘hunger for love’ state that she has misconstrued those feelings of gratitude and the fulfilling of that desperate and real need as romantic love? I was a neglected little girl and I remember a Sunday school teacher giving me that needed love and attention. I remember her taking me shopping at the beginning of the school year. I was so grateful to her that in my little girl mind I imagined kissing her on the mouth the way I saw the men kiss women on those soap opera’s my mom watched. I was so ashamed that I had that idea; I knew it was wrong and didn’t understand why I’d had it. I carried that shame for a very long time. In this world where the lines of right and wrong have been so obliterated by our culture and homosexuality has been given the green light; is it any wonder that so many little girls and boys misunderstand the filling of that love need by someone of the same sex as romantic love and give themselves over to it?

The love a homosexual has for there partner, while inappropriately displayed as romantic is no less real. They are no less joined to the person they have had intimate relations with than a heterosexual who is having sex outside of marriage.

1 Corinthians 6: 15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take away the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? May it never be! 16 Or do you not know that the one who joins himself to a prostitute is one body with her? For He says, "THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH." 17 But the one who joins himself to the Lord is one spirit with Him. 18 Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

You cannot compare the sin of homosexuality to the sin of stealing. It is a spiritual joining of your body with another that is impure. Those spiritual bonds must be broken. So many Christians seem to have this idea that turning from a homosexual lifestyle is just a matter of a decision to stop having sex with the same sex. A spiritual bond has been created and a spiritual bond must be broken. On our own this is not an easy thing. Yes, with God all things are possible but to have lived under such a strong deception for so long with a spiritual bond. God doesn’t do it on His own. He understands man’s need for the understanding and support of another and He has called us (his body) to provide that. People need the love, understanding and support of Christians. Remember that those in sin are held captive by it and under its deception.

Hebrews 3:13 But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called "today," that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

We have a responsibility to each other; to hold each other accountable in love and to instruct those who through sin oppose themselves. We have a responsibility to uphold truth and expose the lie. If you refuse to invite them into your home and show them the love of Christ how can you expect them to open themselves up to you? How can you help the homosexual expose the lie in there lives that have lead to this lifestyle if you won’t talk to them and learn about them and who they are?

“There, but for the grace of God, go I.”
The question was asked:
"If we allow a practicing homosexual membership, then where do we draw the line?
Eventually having allowed one to take up membership, can we refuse two and then three?" Ron Payne

I believe the line should be drawn in leadership. The homosexual must be made to understand that
1. In this church there lifestyle is viewed as sinful and will be spoken of as such. Not that were going to point them out from the pulpit or anything but don't be surprised to hear it.
2. In this church no one in a homosexual lifestyle will be allowed any position in leadership, from usher, to musician, to Sunday school teacher on up.

I just don't believe we should be kicking the homosexuals out of church. If we do that then we need to get rid of the pregnant teenagers and unwed couples. If they can't find love and acceptance in the church where will they find it? I'm not saying we accept there lifestyle, we have to with patience and love tell them it's wrong. I'm saying accept the person held captive by the lie of homosexuality.
I'm a Sunday school superintendent so I know all about the fear for our children and the concern that if they see this person in church the impressions they'll get of that lifestyle. If we don't teach our kids in church and home how to love he sinner and hate the sin where will we teach it? I know all about the complaining ‘saint’ who just can’t abide to share a pew with a homosexual. If they can’t figure it out in church there not going to do it outside of church. We have entire generations who we have turned away and we have stolen their opportunity for spiritual healing because of our unwillingness to stretch ourselves. For my part I pray God sends the homosexual to my church. I pray he sends the prostitute, the drug user, and the misguided youths. These people will definitely take more time and effort from our ministers and trained lay people. But really who needs it more. And once just one of these is saved you will see more come in! There is no greater witness than one who has been pulled from a pit so deep.
What better way to get the comfortable apathetic Christian out of themselves and teach them to "Go out into all the world"; than to bring a little of the world into the church for some supervised practice.

I realize this is controversial and even confrontational and trust me when I say, “I HATE CONFRONTATION!” But sometimes it’s necessary and I think this is one of those times. However there is no ill will or hostility in my heart. To be honest there is actually a little fear there. My heart is beating a little fast right now and I’m a bit nervous about posting this. But here it goes, with all my love.
One last thing. I do believe it should be the pastor who speaks for the church. I've known and seen many well meaning individuals make a declarative statement about something in the church and they have caused division and strife!

I've also seen the more destructive side of a laymen advice. My mother is bi-polar and when I was a child a well meaning Christian told her that this was demon possession. My mother immediately stopped taking the medication and began denying her condition. From that point forward I became the mother and lost much of my childhood.

We are all kings and priests but the Pastor is a shepherd of flock. And sheep can cause a lot of confusion if they don’t allow the shepherd to lead. When it comes to official church positions, the shepherd should make the statement. Otherwise the result is only division and discord.
Let me start by quoting this verse, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind." 1 Corinthians 6,9. Do you believe that a true christian is going to be kept out of heaven?? And, do you think a true christian is going to continue to keep living in sin despite God's clear commands against it? Part of becoming new in Christ is to put away the old things of the flesh, and to take upon ourselves the 'new' things of the Spirit. This is not to say that christians become 'perfect' upon accepting Christ by any means. But, by the power of the Holy Spirit which God gives to us, and daily renewing our spirits through prayer and reading God's Holy Word, we slowly begin to conform ourselves to be more like Christ.
It would have been devious of God had he not told us clearly through his Word what is, and isn't acceptable to Him. God never minced words in the bible as far as I can tell.........He is very clear on matters that pertain to righteousness and holiness. God doesn't want there to be 'grey' areas so that one should question what He really requiers of us. Even in Revelation, God states that it would be better to be 'hot' or 'cold', but since one is 'lukewarm'.........he will spit us out of his mouth !! Revelation 3,16. I believe that God desires us to take a stance for what is right and don't waver on issues of sin. Call sin what it is......SIN. Alot of people don't want to hear that they may be headed for hell for their actions. That is why people turn to preachers and churches that 'water-down' God's Word to make it more 'palatable', "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;" 2 Timothy 4,3. It's far more loving to let people know exactly what God says about thier sin. They may not like it, but the truth is what God expects from us.
This of course never negates the love God has commanded us to show others. Indeed, it's the love we have for them that should dictate we be honest about what God says about sin. In all honesty, I don't know much about the theory of keeping homosexuals 'out' of the church. I shall do some more research into God's Word on the matter and see what I can come up with. After all, my opinion or wisdom really means nothing apart from what God says......Gotta go to the Word always !! LOL.
Personally, I believe all we can do is plant the seed of God's Word in the sinners heart and let God do the work.
I love it when you guys remember that we all are sinners just like homosexuals, theifs, murderers, etc. It was only by God's love and grace that he brought US out of our sins. Doesn't make us any better than anybody else really. Praise God that he was merciful to us when we too were sinners. We just have to show the world that God wants everybody to come to His Son, Jesus Christ, no matter who we are or what we've done.

God bless you all,
Christopher
JANET I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I AM SOOOO VERY HAPPY THAT U AND YOUR ROOMATE HAVE BOTH BEEN SAVED. TURNING FROM THAT LIFESTYLE I BELIEVE CAN ONLY BE DONE WITH GODS STRENGTH AND THE SUPPORT OF THOSE AROUND YOU.

GOD BLESS U BOTH

DONNA HARDIGREE
This topic is very close to my heart because I have a son who is a homosexual and he has completely distanced himself from me and his brother who are Christians. We have told him how much we love him but he knows we do not condone his sin. All we can do is pray. I am going by what the Bible states regarding homosexuals and that is, they will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Now, are they like alcoholics - Once an alcoholic, always one? That is quite possible, however, I know they can change but it takes a lot of hard work on their part, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. I personally do not see how a homosexual can be committed fully to God and be living in his sin. My son will not step inside a church although he was brought up in one during his youth.
An article to share -- Thanks for reading...

Homosexuality is just one of many possible sins we can be mastered by. 1 Corinthians 6:9 proclaims that homosexual "offenders" will not inherit the kingdom of God. Homosexuality is not a "greater" sin than any other. All sin is offensive to God. Homosexuality is just one of the many things listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 that will keep a person from the kingdom of God. God's forgiveness is just as available to the homosexual as it is to an adulterer, idol worshipper, murderer, thief, etc. God also promises the strength for victory over sin, including homosexuality, to all those who will believe in Jesus Christ for their salvation (1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Corinthians 5:17). The key is to believe His Word, believe He has a perfect will and purpose for your life, to acknowledge wrong thoughts, attitudes and behavior, to ask Him for strength to resist temptation and then to act on that faith.

Genesis 1:26-27 tell us that God created mankind (that means all people) in His own image. Revelation 4:11 tells us that God's motivation for creating all the things He created was because… He wanted to! All mankind was created by and for the pleasure of God. He loves us that much! These words testify to the fact that every single individual matters to God.

With that in mind, when the Bible takes a strong stand against a particular behavior, attitude or action, we need to pay special attention! God is our loving Creator and Heavenly Father. His purposes are never to divide us or cause us to turn away from Him, but are always to show us the way to wholeness and health. Many say that the Bible is a guidebook for life, an owner's manual if you will. Why would an owner's manual tell you not to use a certain grade of motor oil unless that motor oil would damage the engine? It's the same with God's Word, but with infinitely greater, vastly eternal consequences.

Today's trend to accept all lifestyles and behavior as OK is not OK with God. We all want to feel like we are normal and worthy of love - so consider who or what is really telling us that anything we want to do is OK, and then consider the consequences: broken homes, abused, confused children, shattered lives. Is that what a loving Father would want for His children? God loves us and He knows what will hurt us. He is a protective Father who does not want His children to be hurt! Listen to His Word. If you are caught in sexual sin or any other, consider carefully what He is saying to your heart.

Are you a believer who is trapped in homosexuality? Do you think it's OK? Think again, please, for your own sake and for the sake of those who love you. Consider the Word of God. He did not make us male and female for no reason. Look at the way life is created, whether it is an electric current, a kitten or a baby boy or girl. It takes both components, the male and female, connected, to make life.

Don't you want to know why you're here? Don't you want to know what your purpose in life is? Then please don't be blinded by the lies of a clever enemy whose only goal is your destruction. Come to the Savior who gave His life to set you free from all sin.

article from - http://www.allaboutworldview.org/gay-christians.htm

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service