All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Help Me Overcome My Unbelief!

- "See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness." Hebrews 3:12-13 How many times a day or during the week do you battle doubt and unbelief coming against you in believing that your marriage is "not" going to be restored? How many times do you doubt or do not really believe that your spouse will ever have a heart transformation, accept Jesus Christ as Savior and return home? How often do you cry out to your Lord asking Him if you are on the right road headed to marriage restoration as you go through so many trials with your spouse and other circumstances? Do you keep thinking, "It look so hopeless in the natural?" May your cry today be like the father wanting his son to be delivered from a spirit, desperate, but knowing only Jesus could touch and heal his child. Only the Lord can touch your beloved spouse and bring them to their senses, have them happy at home and in love with you. "Jesus asked the boy's father, "How long has he been like this?" "From childhood," he answered. "It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us." "'If you can'?" said Jesus."Everything is possible for him who believes." Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" Mark 9:21-24 May this be your prayer for you today and every day, until your unbelief, doubt and fear are gone and you are believing in the mighty power of the Lord Jesus and His love for you, your husband or wife and marriage. "I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief!" God does hate divorce. He wants your marriage restored, but you must follow God's principles and precepts. Today, ask the Lord to remove all your unbelief and lack of faith. Seek the Lord daily as He directs your every step toward spiritual maturity, Christ-likeness and being filled with the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 5:18-20) Every time doubt, unbelief, lack of faith, fear, despair or hopelessness comes into your mind, remember that you are fighting for your spouse, for your children and for future generations of marriages. You do not have to dwell on the thoughts that the enemy keeps bombarding your mind with. You are a child of God and have a renewed mind. Say, "No" to the enemy and use the fruit of the spirit, self-control thanking the Lord for His presence and then start thinking of all the good things in your life today. "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind..." Romans 12:2 "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:7- 9 In Nelson's Three-In-One Bible Reference Companion, the word "unbelief" means: refusal to accept and appropriate God's truth. As I studied the word "unbelief," I want to share different reasons that you may be battling with "unbelief" and also scripture references for you to look up this evening as part of your devotion and prayer time with the Lord. Here are a few: unbelief can be caused by sin ( John 16:9), by the enemy (John 8:43-47), by an evil heart (Hebrews 3:12), wanting to please others instead of God (John 5:44), not being a Christian (John 10:25-27), or spiritual blindness (John 12:37-40). I believe that there are marriages that are not yet restored due to unbelief, doubting, or showing unbelief throughout your daily routine. Are you questioning God's Word, His power, and not believing God's message for you? Are you learning to listen to the Holy Spirit's voice? Have you started denying Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life by not reading the Bible or talking to Him daily? Beware, before long you will have walked away from your personal relationship with your Lord and Savior due to any one of the reasons above. Today choose to believe in the power of God as a Protector, Deliverer and the One who created the Heavens and Earth. "When the LORD heard them, he was very angry; his fire broke out against Jacob, and his wrath rose against Israel, for they did not believe in God or trust in his deliverance." Psalm 78:21-22 Do you really believe in the power of the Lord and in His Word for the healing and resurrection of your hurting or dead marriage? What has the Lord been saying to you? How has He been directing your footsteps? The difference is going to be made by one spouse at a time, one church at a time, not giving into divorce, but standing up for the sanctity and permanence of marriage. Yes, your family, friends and coworkers may not understand your stand, your sacrifice, or your faith, but did everyone believe what Noah, Moses, Abraham, Deborah, Nehemiah, Joseph, Mary or Paul were doing during their assignment? Of course not! Let me share a powerful scripture warning us against unbelief: "So, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the desert, where your fathers tested and tried me and for forty years saw what I did. That is why I was angry with that generation, and I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.' So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest.' " See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God." Hebrews 3:7-12 Did you see the warning that the Lord is giving you regarding allowing your heart to become hardened? I believe with all my heart that your Lord has been speaking to you in regard to standing in the gap for your spouse. Your Lord God wants you to believe and pray for your marriage and for all prodigal spouses who have fallen into the trap believing that their divorce is acceptable in God's eyes. Your spouse has become deceived and blinded believing in the world's standards of marriage, but on judgment day, we will all find out that God's Word and way is the only way. You can make a difference every day just as our ministry has made a difference for so many years, one spouse, one family at a time, standing for their marriage forever! I stopped listening and believing in what the Lord had spoken to my heart. I allowed doubt, unbelief and lack of faith to misdirect my footsteps in the opposite direction that my Lord had spoken to me to do. I divorced Bob and gave up on God. If only each of us would listen, believe, act now and start doing what the Lord has spoken to our hearts to do! Yes, you may have to go through many steps of restoration, but the Lord wants to use you every day to take one brick at a time rebuilding your home and proclaiming that divorce is not the solution to anyone's marriage problems and that you are rebuilding your home on the solid foundation of Jesus Christ. God wants you to stop doubting and believe in His mighty power and not in man's words! It is your choice! What is your decision? "Blessed is she who has believed that what the LORD has said to her will be accomplished!" Luke 1:45

God bless,

Views: 100

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service