All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I personally homeschool because I believe that since God had me give birth to these children, He will ultimately hold my husband and I responsible for them. He won't (and society doesn't) hold public or private school teachers, or child welfare, responsible for the entire development and growth of a child, only the parents.

When my children were encountering extremely dangerous and negative social interactions at school, I knew God didn't want me to leave them there. My son couldn't learn because he was in fear about what was going to happen in the hallways between classes or outside after school. My daughter wasn't learning because she was concerned about who had said what at the last break and how she could come back with the best put down to earn the respect of the other little Queen-bee's she hung around with.

After bringing them home, both are learning, plus they have the benefit of learning from safe and appropriate social interactions.

For more of my opinion on socialization and children you can visit my website at http://kellylee.info

Views: 108

Replies to This Discussion

Kelly, I clicked on the link for your website, and it took me to a website for an accountant named Kelly Lee!
Really! That is very interesting! Wonder what I did wrong, I'll look into it.
Figured it out! I had typed in .com instead of .info!
My reason for homeschooling my child can be summed up in three Bible verses.

1. Psalm 127:3 ~ Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
My child is not my own. She belongs to God and He has placed her in my care and is trusting me to raise her for Him.

2. Matthew 22:21 ~ Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
We pay our taxes because that money belongs to Caesar (the government). The public school system also belongs to Caesar. My child, however, belongs to GOD. If I send her to public school, then I am rendering unto Caesar that which belongs to God.

3. Romans 12:2 ~ And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.
The whole, entire aim of public schooling is to conform our children to this world.

I believe it is my God-given right, even a God-given COMMAND, to homeschool my child.
I'm in total agreement with the 1st two verses, but WOW that third point is powerful! Mind if I steal it and use it?
Abso-tively! But I wish I could take credit for finding it. The lady who runs the homeschool group we were in last year pointed it out to me.
I am slowly beginning to homeschool my toddler. we thank God for the trees, the sky, the animals, and talk about how much Jesus loves us. We also discuss colors, shapes and sizes. Its never too early to help plant the Lord's word into the heart of who he bestowed upon me in the first place.

I am a baby Christian my self. My husband and I were just saved in late Sept. PRAISE HIM!!! before we were gifted with Salvation, I walked through darkness, blinded by the wickedness of the world. Now I can even desrcibe how wonderful it is to be ALIVE. I want to do as God wants us to do which he has revealed to us in his word.

The world is polluted and its my duty to make sure that the word of God is in the blessings he gave me.
When I was in high school, I begged my mother to allow me to home school. My mother however, having never graduated herself, was adament that I get a "real diploma". While I did well in academics, school was torture for me, and I decided then and there that if I ever had kids, I would home school them.

Since then, my reasons and convictions for home schooling have only grown deeper. I believe that children should be bonded to their family, not to their peers. I want my children to adopt our family values, not the values of every other kid in public school. I want my children to know the truth, and to see the world from a Biblical world view... not the liberal, skewed world view that the government is pushing on our kids. Both my kids have some special needs, but neither of them need "special ed". At home I can accomodate their needs without compromising their education.

On the subject of socialization, I recently heard someone ask a homeschooler parent, "Aren't you worried about their social interaction?" To which they replied, "YES! That's why I am home schooling them!"

I believe that God gifted me with these children, so that I could raise them, not farm them out to the government for indoctrination.

And I am in total agreement with those three verses!

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service