All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I am really into books about life,self-awareness,personal growth and communication.I have recently read a book called'WHY AM I AFRAID TO TELL YOU WHO I AM' by JOHN POWELL.
The book is fantastic,combining religion and psycology.All humans have the overwhelming need to be fully understood by at least one person in their lifetime,without that feeling we cannot develop freely.The book concentrates on how to be more open and how we play games to hide our true selves.There is a dialogue in the book which goes like this

Authour:I am writing a book,im calling it 'why am i afraid to tell you who i am'

Other:Do you want an answer to that question?

Authour:That is the purpose,to answer the question.

Other:But do you want my answer?

Authour:of course!

Other:I am afraid to tell you who i am, because,if i tell you who i am,you may not like me,and its all that i have......

Isnt that a crippling outlook on life,that excerpt was taken from real life.That is how the majority of us live,in a world of hiding,constant hibernation.This book wakes up the courage in your soul and helps the inner self begin to grow.
Give it a go,Powell also has other books that i have read and will be posting at a later date.

Views: 6

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service