All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I do not ever remember being lonely before in my life, but after my separation I found myself 2 states away from home for 4 month, I was sick ,depressed, and lonely. I was house sitting and the pain of going home and being alone was unbearable. I thank God I had some family there because I felt totally overwhelmed by this horrible emotion. God did provide me some friends that reached out and help me, 2 who had gone through separation and divorce, one of them recently. I was glad when I moved back to Vermont. I was closer to my 3 children (16, 19, and 23) and saw them more often. It was also good that I lived with a friend and wasn’t alone so much. I also reconnected with my church; it was hard to go back alone. But it was the best thing I could have done. My Pastor met with me each week and we would talk, pray, and worship together. I also joined a gym for health reasons, and a prayer group. I realized I had to be proactive in my life if I would ever find freedom from loneliness. Today I am very content with all that God has given me. I still fight loneliness some times, but not as much now. God cares about how we feel, and He understands it. Please share your story of how God has helped you to cope with loneliness.

Views: 892

Replies to This Discussion

Never Alone by Jason Upton touches my heart and assures me that he will never leave or forsake me on this journey with Him, even in the times of waiting for that greater yes.

God will walk with us through it all. Maybe you are feeling alone and forsaken. Allow the Holy Spirit to minister to you and console you and assure you that you are not alone or forsaken in your struggle. He will never leave you alone

Just come to the Lord.

Come to Me you weary one
And I will give you rest,
I will give you rest.
For My yoke is easy
And My burden light.
Take Me upon you
And I will give you rest.

Come to Me you troubled one
And I will give you peace,
I will give you peace.
I will calm the waters
I will whisper peace, be still.
Take Me upon you
And I will give you peace.
Come to Me,
Come to Me,
Come to Me.
I have been waiting
for you here.

Come to Me you weakened one
And I will give you joy,
I will give you joy.
You will rise as eagles
And My joy will be
your strength
Take Me upon you
I will give you joy.
Brian Doerksen - Your Faithfulness
I don't know what this day will bring
Will it be disappointing, filled with longed for things?
I don't know what tomorrow holds
Still I know I can trust your faithfulness

I don't know if these clouds mean rain
If they do, will they pour down blessing or pain?
I don't know what the future holds
Still I know I can trust Your faithfulness

Certain as the rivers reach the sea
Certain as the sunrise in the east
I can rest in your faithfulness
Surer than a mother's tender love
Surer than the stars still shine above

I don't know how or when I'll die
Will it be a thief, or will I have a chance to say goodbye?
No, I don't know how much time is left
But in the end, I will know your faithfulness

When darkness overwhelms my soul
When thoughts and storms of doubt
Still I trust You are always faithful, always faithful

Certain as the rivers reach the sea
Certain as the sunrise in the east
Surer than a mother's tender love
Surer than the stars still shine above

I don't know what this day will bring
Will it be disappointing, filled with longed for things?
I don't know what tomorrow holds
Still I know I can trust Your faithfulness
Hello Again Bob,,
I just listen to your song "Faithfulness".
Wow! The song is so true. Thank
you for sharing.
God Bless,
Debra
Here is a great song that I hope encourages you as it has mine.

In the love of Jesus
Bob
I think sometimes I feel the loneliest when I am surrounded by other people... when I feel I am connected to no one, but I witness others deeply connected to eachother.
This is so true for many of us who have had to walk down a path alone after we have had a wife or husband in our lives for any amount of time. When my wife and I separated after 25 years of marraige and I found myself 2 states away from home. I felt just like you said. It is a lonely place and I had to really seek God to help me. I had to keep trying different things to help me connect. God said in His word that he gives families to the lonely. As I kept seeking the Lord he helped me to find my family in a church, a gym, in friendships, and even in re-establishing relationships in my own family. Each one of us has to primarily seek God first and then these connections will come. It is not easy, But God can begin to do it even in a place like this net.
Pray with me my my brother-in-law who lost his wife. I stayed with him for a week, but now he is alone and he is going to be facing lonelieness. Dean has been through a lot and he will need to deal with with this on top of all the other issues.
I have been separated for almost three years and I have no contact with either my ex-wife or my children even though we live in the same city.It has been hard at first but I now have a connection with my family which was lost during my marriage;my wife refused any contact with them and our children have never seen their grandparents on my side.Today I am on my own and starting to get out and socialize with people.I am looking for female companionship to have a coffee with or a nice stroll in the park.
Hi Ron thanks for sharing with us so we can support and pray for you. I have been separated for 2 years, but I live in the same house but in a separate apartment from my wife and daughter.
It has had to very hard to be separated from your children all this time. Lonelieness is a horrible thing to deal with.
When I first separated I was 2 states away from my Daughter, and her 2 older brothers who are out on thier own now. I had been married for 25 years since I was 21 and the lonelieness was horrible to deal with.
I have another friend who would go to church every day at multible churches rather than to face an emty apartment.
I allowed my lonelieness to drive me closer to God. I am still standing for the restoration of my marraige and will continue to do so even if she divorces me up until she were to remarry then I will go on. This is how God has dealt with me. I will pray with you that God will give you grace so that you will know how to deal with your own lonelieness.
In the love of Jesus.
Bob
I am so lonely right now. I have just lost my best friend and I have no one to talk to. I am hartbroken that the person who I love, does not love me back in the same way. About an hour ago I lay down and sobbed like a baby, crying out for God to give me strength to either let him go or to bring him back to me. I realized that God is the only one I could turn to.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service