All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

The Word of God (written or given Word) is a great blessing. We know that the gospel is the mechanism that God uses in harmony with the Holy Spirit to draw people unto salvation. According to Romans 10 they must hear the Word of Christ in order to be saved. The key is understanding the purpose of the Bible. We are blessed to have it, but Jesus is our goal and our Savior. I do not see the Bible and Jesus as equal. That does not diminish the Word of God. Both are good, but one is the Savior and the other is the tool used to guide us to Him and into a living relationship with Him.

Imagine for a minute. If you were faced with Jesus on your left and the written the Word of God on the right and your were given a choice to choose one, which would it be? Fortunately we do not have to choose, but we know that Jesus died for us, the Bible records it. Jesus' blood covers our sins, the Bible reveals it. Jesus is coming back to take us to be where He is, the Bible reveals this to us. One is a witness the other is the Savior. Here is another way of approaching this, I love Jesus and I greatly appreciate the Bible. One more approach, the Bible reveals Jesus and in some parts of the world people have heard the gospel and maybe a few more verses, they do not own a Bible as it may not even have been written in their language at this time, but many repent and come to Jesus because they heard the gospel. They have Jesus and yet only snippets of the written Word.

If every Bible you own was stolen and access to any other Bible denied would you be lost or still in a living relationship with Jesus? On the other side of the coin does owning a Bible assure one is saved?  

I close with this. The Bible and Jesus are both good. Thank God you  own a Bible, praise God that you are saved.

What's your take on this?

Views: 2077

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe we're getting off topic, but I know we aren't supposed to live out of our feelings, and, yet, feelings have a right place, too, and no one ever puts anyone down for having positive feelings. It's only the negative feelings that are condemned. I do understand very well that only my spirit is new, and my heart, but I am fully saved, fully born again. My soul (mind, will, emotions, and intellect) is being sanctified and my body will one day receive its resurrection.

God has always empowered me in my life. How else could I have forgiven anyone for anything? How else could I have lived all these years? There was no way I could have done any of the things I've accomplished in my life on my own. He was with me every step of the way and when I worked for hospice, helping people and their families as they were approaching death -- no way without Him.

I understand how we want quick fixes for our very hard problems and want to just speak a word and have it all be made good. I do understand that attitude.

I am being delivered but it's a slow process and involves God showing me my wrong beliefs and illuminating them with the Truth. Jesus is Truth. The Truth is what sets us free. I must be careful though and not exchange anything that is true for another lie just as well as being careful to not hold onto any lies once God shows me the light.

JB, Thank you for caring. I know you care. Our personalities are sometimes in conflict, I believe. Effective communication is very limited here and dependent upon our written words. I want to give Jesus first place in my life, but the bible is very important to me and I rely heavily upon it and I know the words in it are His words.

Amanda, I know where you are coming from, I’m sorry, but I just don’t have any trophies for my communication skills. LOL, Most of mine are usually tough love. Sometimes hard for some to take, but other times it is effective. It could be a love test. Ha!

Blessings

JB

Then my question for you is why continue using the same method and the same strategy on the same person, month after month, when that method is not meant to be used for anyone all of the time? Do you keep expecting a different result?

I believe that communicating spiritual truth comes in three forms and there is a distinction between all three forms and those forms are admonition, comfort, and encouragement. 

I think problems arise when we are ministering to others in their specific circumstances because we give them a word of admonition, when what they really need to hear are words of comfort, or we give them encouragement, when what was really needed was admonition, and so forth. 

Job is an example. Job did not need admonition. He needed comfort. 

We must pray for discernment as we reach out to others in their pain. 

Even when it comes to becoming better communicators, we have the ability to learn and can remain teachable and speak the truth in love. I'm not there yet either. I fail in many ways. I'm still learning.

But isn't that what mind renewal is all about? Learning, repenting, changing?
Grace to you,

You've lost me. I'm not following or understanding your comment. I haven't mentioned psychology in any of my comments in this particular discussion. Nothing I've said detracts from glorifying God. In Scripture, it is taught that we are to speak the truth in love and that spiritual truth is spoken in the form of admonition, encouragement, and comfort. Ephesians 4:29 speaks of building up. I fully understand that we sow and water and God gives the increase. I leave outcomes in His hands.

Dang Amanda........

I was seeking clarification. I am learning to speak the truth in love and have a long long way to go but I didn't understand the comment. Yes, God wants to glorify Himself in and through me. I do understand this and hope my life will glorify Him.
Grace to you,

Thank you for clarifying your meaning. As far as JB's comments, I'm not clear about his meaning either. He appears to be saying that I'm only one third of the way being saved. Therefore, I explained to him that I do understand very well that only my spirit is new, and my heart, but I am fully saved, fully born again. My soul (mind, will, emotions, and intellect) is being sanctified and my body will one day receive its resurrection.

If any part of my salvation is left up to me, I will surely be lost.
I'm totally resting on the work of Christ and saved by grace through faith.

I also understand it isn't all about me and I'm sorry that's your perception of my relationship with Christ. I also am very open to receiving all forms of spiritual truth including admonition, when it is given in love and according to God's leading.

Peace to you.

As far as JB's comments, I'm not clear about his meaning either. He appears to be saying that I'm only one third of the way being saved.

LOL  One is either saved or not saved.  There are no fractions to salvation.  Once saved, we're changed from glory to glory along the way...sanctified.  Perhaps one can be 1/3rd on the way to being sanctified, but salvation is a given, in an instant.

We're totally off topic and I don't want to hijack this discussion.

You said: "I thought that very possibly we might have had alot in common, I guess I'm mistaken my friend.:("

This means you believe I needed to hear the same words you were given, that it isn't all about me, but I have been given those words already and understand this word of warning. It isn't where I am and isn't speaking to my present circumstances. It isn't comforting to me or encouraging and it isn't building me up. I haven't asked you to cajole me or coddle me and in fact I haven't asked you for anything, but I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to me.

Amanda,

Then my question for you is why continue using the same method and the same strategy on the same person, month after month, when that method is not meant to be used for anyone all of the time? Do you keep expecting a different result?

No! that would be called insanity; Just the acknowledgment of truth.

I will tell you a little story, true or not, I really don’t know, but it explains my reason for using the same strategy, (as you put it, I wasn’t aware that it was though).

An evangelist was holding a revival in a small church; He preached the same message every night for a whole week. At the end of the revival, the Pastor of the church came to him and ask; can I ask you a question sir? The evangelist said sure, the Pastor said why did you preach the same message every night? The evangelist said: because they didn’t believe or do what I preached the first night.

I don’t think I used much conjecture, “if any” in my responses to you or any one; if so it was  very little. I always used scripture to support my responses. If a person doesn’t want to hear the Word, “the truth” or the words that brings conviction, or understanding, then our quoting scripture is futile. I never mean to hurt anyone by using the Word, I love everyone and only give the Word as revealed to me, or as I see it. I’m very sorry if I have offended you, but on the other hand I do not apologize for the Word, because it speaks for its self.  

Maybe you should read Jo.16:7-13, especially Vs.12. By this I am not saying or suggesting that you are not born again, nor am I saying you are only 1 third saved, however I will iterate this, that your spirit is the only part of you, or me or anyone that is born again!!! Your flesh is not subject to the laws of God neither indeed can be. Ro.8:7, Your soul; your mind, will, and emotions. Paul said He brings his body under, 1Cor.9:27. All of this will be new at the resurrection; when that which is perfect is come. 1Cor.13:10; your glorified body.

Also read Mat.13:18-23, about the parables.

This is indicative when we don’t have a full understanding of the Spirit, Soul, and Body.

I know this is not very encouraging, but at the same time I hope it is not overly offensive. I never claimed to be a writer or a communicator. I am fully aware of my short comings, but striving nonetheless for improvements, not necessarily perfection.

Blessings to all,

JB

PS. your respose can be of a private nature, or none at all, either way I cannot be offended by it.

JB,

You said: "The evangelist said: because they didn’t believe or do what I preached the first night."

After learning that God will finish the work in me, I'm never going to believe that I'm only one third of the way to being fully saved. I understand I have a new heart and God has put a new spirit in me. 

If I die today and the whole process of experiential sanctification stops right where it is in me now and my mind is not renewed anymore than it is already (for how could mind renewal continue in me if I were to die today) then will I make it to heaven as an unfinished product? Or will God complete the good work in me? 

Am I fully saved or not at this moment? What does the Word of God really teach about salvation? Is my salvation dependent upon me and any works I do or don't do including the work of mind renewal? Are we saved by grace through faith plus works?

You are concerned if what you say is encouraging but my concern is if it is true, and, therefore, I ask for more clarity on what you are saying.

Amanda

After learning that God will finish the work in me, I'm never going to believe that I'm only one third of the way to being fully saved. I understand I have a new heart and God has put a new spirit in me.

Amanda, did I ever say that you were only 1 third “saved”? Actually I said just the opposite, you are complete in Him. Col.2:9-10, All I think I said “without looking it up” is your spirit is the only part of you that is born again; however I will say that only one third of you is, wall to wall Holy Ghost, your spirit which is sanctified at the new birth, but the other two parts consist of your soul, which is “being sanctified”, and your flesh “body” which is going to go back to the dust from whence it came. Flesh and blood cannot, and will not inherit the kingdom of God. 1Cor.15:50. You will be changed at the resurrection with a new body, and soul, when that which is perfect is come; which is your glorified body. 1Cor.13. All sickness, disease, worry, fear, depression etc. will not be there with you. Praise God!!! If we all had to be complete and perfect in our present body to go to heaven, I would doubt any of us would make it.  

Am I fully saved or not at this moment?

I can’t judge whether or not you are saved, I can only judge that by what you write, but from what I read, you definitely are.  Your salvation is not dependent upon your works; your works will be due to your relationship with Christ; born from a love nature that you received at the time of salvation. I think a lot of Christians miss the meaning of this scripture in Jo.1:16, And of His fullness have all we received, and grace for grace. In other words, what Jesus had in His earthly walk, we have as well. He has given to us everything that pertains unto life and godliness…. 2Pet.1:2-3. But where we fail is, not knowing how to appropriate it from the spirit realm into our physical. So you have Christ in you, and we know that Christ is not going to hell, that battle has already been won for us. So yes it is only by Grace through Faith that we are saved. I believe the Grace is, that which God had “Love and compassion” when He saw a lost and dying world; His creation. So by that Grace He sent His only begotten Son to redeem mankind from the authority of darkness, into this glorious light. Now when we hear the Gospel “Good news” of Christ our Savior, by faith we receive it, or reject it.

This might be my feeble attempt at encouragement, but an effort nonetheless. HUH?

May the communication of your faith become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. Phile.1:6

Blessings to you.

JB    

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service