All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Why do so many people look for a perfect world while living in a fallen world? The perfect world is yet to come.

Why do Christians expect an easy life on earth when God tells us that our life will be hard and full of trials and tribulation?

Has Christianity lost its way? Has the pulpit stopped presenting people with truth? Are pulpits failing to prepare them for a life of service and struggle while living as strangers in this fallen world?

Even a quick study of early church history, both from the NT era and the next two centuries tell us how difficult it is to be a Christian in a fallen world. Why do people think that the aged church will have it easier than the newly born church?

Views: 1385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Look out yall here comes the dummy....  When I was a or I should say when I thought I was a born again christian I wasn't expecting the perfect world. My world continued to fall apart ... it was ugly and as far as expecting an easy life , well what the heck was an easy life? I just wanted Jesus. Now as a backslider I am a whiner though....... 

I think Christians may expect the easy life because some of the tv  richified preachers preach it. In my opinion they take a "blessed" verse and convince some they WILL have what ever they ask. Well as long as you send them the money. =D Im sorry LT , Im bored and just wanted to join in. I know in off track... I always am... but I do try to understand what yall are talking about, 

Janie,

You are neither a dummy or offtrack. You have expressed your view quite well and clearly. Thanks for replying.

Lord Bless,

LT

Mornin' LT,

My understanding of tribulation is that it's mental pressure.  But the Bible does say we are saved from the wrath to come. Do we get tribulation and wrath confused? Is there a big difference between tribulation and wrath?

...and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath. (1 Thessalonians 1:10)

Love,

Mary 

Hey Mary,

Tribulation can be described in many different ways. Here I am using it regarding difficulties we face in this life. God has definitely promised save us from "His" wrath which is yet to come.

Thanks for replying.

Lord Bless,

LT

God tells us that our life will be hard and full of trials and tribulation?

All due respect Bro. LT, I don’t see this spoken like this in my bible. What I see in the KJV is “In this world ye shall have tribulations; BUT be of good cheer for I have overcome the world”.

James I:2-3 says “count it all joy when you fall into diverse temptations, knowing this that the trying of your faith worketh patients, but let patients have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire wanting nothing”.

1 John 5:4 says
For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith”

John 16:32-33
 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. “and so He is with us as well”  (Emphases mine) These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

So as a Child of God, why do we put the emphasis on the trials and tribulations? I don’t see that in this life it always has to be hard, or full of trials and tribulations. It is all in the way we respond to them, that makes it hard or easy. When the Word of God becomes an integral part of our lives or beings, our response to everything we encounter will be “it is written” People suffer needlessly from worry and fear that leads to depression, sickness, disease etc. it alters our thinking process and we think about everything else but the Word, it is usually secondary. The Word MUST prevail over our mind.

JB

JB,

Show me one church in Scripture or one apostle that did not face trials and tribulation in this life as they lived for Jesus. What did the early church, post Scripture, experience in this life that often cost them their earthly life simply because of their faith?

When we understand that we will, I repeat will, face trials and tribulations in this life we are better prepared to endure them.

Lord Bless,

LT

1Pe 4:12-19 KJV  Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:  (13)  But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.  (14)  If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.  (15)  But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.  (16)  Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.  (17)  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?  (18)  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?  (19)  Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Rev 2:8-11 KJV  And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;  (9)  I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.  (10)  Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.  (11)  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

How many Christians are in jail right now simply because of their faith? How many are put to death each day around the world because of their faith?

We take joy during the tribulations when we are doing what God has called us to do. The tribulations cause pain and they themselves do not bring joy but the joy comes from doing the work we are called to. At a basic level, its about finding the silver lining

2Co 11:16-33 KJV  I say again, Let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me, that I may boast myself a little.  (17)  That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting.  (18)  Seeing that many glory after the flesh, I will glory also.  (19)  For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise.  (20)  For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you, if a man take of you, if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face.  (21)  I speak as concerning reproach, as though we had been weak. Howbeit whereinsoever any is bold, (I speak foolishly,) I am bold also.  (22)  Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I.  (23)  Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.  (24)  Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.  (25)  Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;  (26)  In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;  (27)  In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.  (28)  Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.  (29)  Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?  (30)  If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.  (31)  The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.  (32)  In Damascus the governor under Aretas the king kept the city of the Damascenes with a garrison, desirous to apprehend me:  (33)  And through a window in a basket was I let down by the wall, and escaped his hands.

Act 8:1 KJV  And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service