All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I've asked this question to several people that I have witnessed to...and I keep getting the same answer. What I thought would be the #1 answer...nobody mentioned. Just wondering others thoughts or experiences.

Views: 1613

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

you're so welcome LT.. Joe-Gil has it posted on his page. That's where I got it....

Blessings and Love in Christ.. ~C
Hi Carla,
Your poem gave me goosebumps. Very, very moving.

I don't know that unbelievers can SEE our humility. It is said that the way we live speaks louder than words. Our lives must be an example of Christ-likeness. But how many of us Christian really live that way? Jesus said: You read the Scriptures daily thinking in them you will find life, yet you don't do what it says!"

I believe one reason why unbelievers won't come to Christ is because it means having to submit to something higher than themselves. Having to live by another's moral standards. The Bible tells us carnal man loves his wicked pleasures and does not want to give them up.

I wonder if we Christians are a constant reminder to unbelievers that their "pleasures" are indeed wrong? When they call us "Bible thumpers" are they really saying: "I don't want your God or your Jesus! I want to be left alone to live my life the way I want to and I don't want to be told it's wrong" ?
Hi Craig...

you have really said it here:
I wonder if we Christians are a constant reminder to unbelievers that their "pleasures" are indeed wrong? When they call us "Bible thumpers" are they really saying: "I don't want your God or your Jesus! I want to be left alone to live my life the way I want to and I don't want to be told it's wrong" ?

yes... I agree with you.

I just finished reading Hebrews chapter 4-- Promised rest for God's people... I pray this will be an encouragement to all of us.

Hebrews 4:14-16
So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet He did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

It is wonderful to hear another voice in the forums here Craig... I hope to hear more from you.

Blessings and Love in Christ, Carla
There are so many reasons people are turned off to Christianity. I'm not even going to try and name them. This is a very old question and problem that won't be solved or resolved completely.

There is hope. People do make a difference with the power of the Holy Spirit. In corners and rooms and places we'll never see until we are in glory! All will be revealed on that great day. When each individual stands before God on that final day we will be judged (whether to enter heaven or be cast away) according to our own own deeds and actions. No-one will be able to blame another. Everyone will have had the chance to hear the truth of the gospel.
Hi Sunsetstormx,

I have some concern that I could not let pass without asking you this question.
Do you believe that you are able to say today, that you know that you already have eternal life? Do you also believe that if your personal deeds do not stand up to God's scrutiny, you will be cast away according to your actions?
Your friend in Christ,
Ron.
Debbie,
Matt 11:16,17,18,19 But to what shall I liken this generation? It is like children sitting in the market places and calling to their companions, and saying: " We played the flute for you, and you did not dance, we mourned to you and you did not lament". For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say," He has a demon". The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, " Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners! But wisdom is justified by her children". Praise God, how about the time when the two criminals that were hung with Jesus?? One received HIM and the other was offended by Jesus because he could not understand how can Jesus save others but not himself? I really believe that the god of this age has blinded the unsaved and sadly some of the saved. I know many many godly Christians that are living for the Lord, they are not hypocrites, they will give you all they have if you need it, these same godly Christians were called hypocrates and were insulted and persecuted by their own families and friends, because what they believe is godly living, other people do not think it is godly but naive and stupid. Unless we pray and sometime it takes a while because Jesus Himself says:" keep on praying, keep on seeking, keep on knocking", we have to be patient and know that people who accuse Christians, are very very ungodly and maybe they are living right in the eyes of the world and doing everything nicee nicee, we need to discern the Word of God that says" no man shall be justified by his own work" we all have sinned and fell short of the grace of God and we all need Him. I hope I explained my point, this is what the holy spirit revealed to me concerning the accusations of others, and unless God reveals it to you, I am not here to argue, God bless you all.
When we come forth in faith in our lives, non-believers enjoy playing 'judge'. We also know that satan is our accuser. If a person is not 'in Christ' then they are being blinded and deceived by someone...who, in 2 Corinthians 4:4 is described as 'the god of this world'.

A true Christ follower will judge ungodliness to fellow believers..and they will judge it only to show a fellow believer in Christ that they may be headed down the wrong path, or for discernment purposes....we seek to please God, and to be obedient to Christ. We know when we are pleasing God, or not! We seek to be 'in the world..not of it.'
Non-believers have no idea and they don't care!

We as Christ followers know that we are not to judge non-believers. They are blinded, and already separated from Christ, there is nothing for us to judge!....We are not the judge, God is, we are to pray for them, and always be ready to speak of our hope in Christ with respect in gentleness and love...only after praying for God to open a door.

The belief of 'one's own god' is a very dangerous especially as many celebreties are living this lie and endorsing it...so many people are buying into it. It feeds right into one's self-sufficiency, independence and pride. I pray that we will have compassion for people who do not know the Lord...We were once all there as well. We all experienced the 'new birth' in Christ. I hope that we will look at people as Jesus sees them. Pray for God to show you His love for them...and to soften their hearts, I was praying that God would lift the veil from their eyes..but then I read 2 Corinthians 3:16....But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is removed......they must first turn to the Lord for the veil to be removed. So now I pray for the softening of their hearts.

There will be those people who do not want to hear anything about Jesus....we must just lift them up to God's throne and leave them there. They will be accountable.

We will be persecuted...

Mat 5:10 God blesses those who are persecuted because they live for God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
Mat 5:11 "God blesses you when you are mocked and persecuted and lied about because you are my followers.
Mat 5:12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted, too

2Ti 3:11 You know how much persecution and suffering I have endured. You know all about how I was persecuted in Antioch, Iconium, and Lystra--but the Lord delivered me from all of it.
2Ti 3:12 Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

Therese, I agree very much with what you have said.

Others will call us self-righteous....This one slays me. We are not preaching about ourselves...I hope! We are preaching "Jesus Christ is Lord".

That's all for now....Blessings, Carla
Hey Carla,
I have a question...I don't understand.
If I see a fellow christian, let's say going down a wrong path, or what could be a potentially wrong path, or making poor decisions and feel strongly that God wants me to bring it to there attention...I share my concern and back it up with scripture. I did not know it was ok with God to judge someone elses actions as long as they were "In Christ" also.
I had no idea.
In Christ,
Debbie
Hi Debbie...

This is from www.gotquestions.org

Question: "What does the Bible mean that we are not to judge others?"

Answer: This is an issue that has confused many people. On one hand, we are commanded by the Lord Jesus, “Do not judge, or you too will be judged” (Matthew 7:1). On the other hand, the Bible also exhorts us to beware of evildoers and false prophets and to avoid those who practice all kinds of evil. How are we to discern who these people are if we do not make some kind of judgment about them?

Christians are often accused of "judging" whenever they speak out against a sinful activity. However, that is not the meaning of the Scripture verses that state, "Do not judge." There is a righteous kind of judgment we are supposed to exercise—with careful discernment (John 7:24). When Jesus told us not to judge (Matthew 7:1), He was telling us not to judge hypocritically. Matthew 7:2-5 declares, "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." What Jesus was condemning here was hypocritical, self-righteous judgments of others.

In Matthew 7:2-5, Jesus warns against judging someone else for his sin when you yourself are sinning even worse. That is the kind of judging Jesus commanded us not to do. If a believer sees another believer sinning, it is his Christian duty to lovingly and respectfully confront the person with his sin (Matthew 18:15-17). This is not judging, but rather pointing out the truth in hope—and with the ultimate goal—of bringing repentance in the other person (James 5:20) and restoration to the fellowship. We are to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15). We are to proclaim what God's Word says about sin. 2 Timothy 4:2 instructs us, "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage — with great patience and careful instruction." We are to "judge" sin, but always with the goal of presenting the solution for sin and its consequences—the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

Blessings, Carla
Carla,
Thanks so much. So ultimately it is pointing out the truth in a loving way, correct, rebuke, and encourage with great patience and careful instruction. But judge the sin, I have to study this because I am a sinner...I feel I have no right to judge anyone believer or non-believer.
My gosh girl where do you find the time??? I'm learning something new everyday:)
Thanks
Love In Christ,
Debbie
your welcome.... Time? What's that?

believe me...we are all learning. Usually the one who makes the post has the most to learn.... now you know why I post in the forums so often! :)
This response is not negative, but intended to add to what is being said in this thread. Please take it that way.

I would like to add something that helped me regarding judging. I used to be hard core with a lot of zeal trying to cause (force) the world to change. Then one day, I believe God revealed to me, people are free to choose and I will not change anyone. Sin does not please God and He does not overlook it, but a non-believer has the freedom given to them by God to choose Him or not, to choose His way or not, in this life. One day each will stand before Him and give an account of their life (Will not follow that rabbit trail here, it is off topic and a deep subject in itself). The point is we are to call sin sin and explain what God says about it and express HOW MUCH GOD LOVES THEM NOW, not just after they get saved, but NOW. He sent His Son to die for us will we were still sinners. Yes, we are to stand against sin, point it out, but love the person. We can do that when people stop tryng to be God and let God be God. We are merely His ambassadors, tools in His hands. Love guided by His Spirit, coupled with His Word reaches people. Most people do not need to be beat up by Christians or the Word, they already feel bad enough and in their heart know their condition, just not the why and often don't know how to get out of their situation. We can choose to throw dirt on them while they are in their pit helping to cover them up down in that pit, or we can choose to toss in a life-line to help pull them out. Even better is when we use the life-line to go down into the pit to help them out instead of just telling them how to get out of that pit. People also need to know that when they climb out of that pit we are going to walk with them on the new path they are embarking on. Yes Jesus will walk with them, but so should we.

My thoughts for whatever it is worth.

People, including you(those who read this) and me need to experience true love. They operative word is "need."

Lord Bless,
LT

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service