All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

What is your favorite miracle recorded in the Bible?

Why is it your favorite?

Views: 867

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LT, I have become fixated on the miracle of Jesus calming the Storm (Luke 8:22), because Jesus asks a profound question, "where is your faith"? It seems clear to me that Jesus expected them to have enough faith to do something about the storm.

I was on a missions trip in Okinawa a few years ago, where we were under the threat of a super-typhoon (two converging in our area) hitting the island we were on, with a group of 50 youth in the middle of the Sea of Japan. Both my American pastor-leader and the Okinawan Pastor decided to pray, as a witness to the Japanese workers who were insisting we had to leave or be trapped. Within hours, the storms turned away instead of converging on us. What moved me was how moved the Japanese workers were, they could not believe it had happened. I was a amazed myself. They said, "they began to turn away 2 hours ago" which is exactly when we began praying.

A couple of years later, my family was in danger of being hit by a tornado that had just touched down near our camper-trailer. I was scared, because we had no shelter to go to and I was trying to hold on to an awning that was threatening to flip the trailer over. My daughter was trying to crank it in, while I held it down. I kept praying "God help us!!" I had a sense that God was telling me "speak to the storm". While I held on to the awning, the strong winds lifted me off the ground, several feet into the air. At that moment, I said "in the Name of Jesus be calm!"

The wind was so loud, I could hardly hear my own words. But, then I landed on the ground on my own feet and the tornado pulled up into the sky. Within another two minutes the wind all around us was calm. I was pretty shaken, but amazed. We remained vigilant, but the rest of the day was uneventful - even though there were tornado warnings across the region. Nothing came near us.

The family calls this the Superman event, because all I had on were red shorts and... I was kind of flying for a moment.

But, I think we often forget: Jesus has called us to do the impossible, by the power of His Word, in His Name and guided by the Holy Spirit.

So, this is my favorite miracle... "Where is your faith?" It's a profound question, don't you think?

Scribe my brother,

Amen and Amen beloved. With God all is possible, Hallelujah to the Lord of heaven and earth....

WHERE IS YOUR FAITH - AMEN! Love it.

Mine would be the New Birth, making me a “New Creature“

Not just picked out of the dump and washed or cleaned up. But a New Creature, Christ in a human body, Just as Jesus was, so am I to be.

I love what Jesus said in Jo.5:30 NIV. By my self I can do nothing, I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, because I seek not to please myself, but to please Him that sent me. Another miracle, the virgin birth.

Amen! God does not just take the old and make it a little better, but literally changes us so that the old is gone and the new is come.

Lord Bless,

LT

Amen!

Lord BLess,

LT

Mark 9:2-8 The Transfiguration

2 After six days Jesus took Peter, James and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone. There he was transfigured before them. 3 His clothes became dazzling white, whiter than anyone in the world could bleach them. 4 And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus.

It's one of my favorites because it reminds me that is very good to be alone with the Lord. We never know what He will show us in those precious times alone with Him. It also reminds me that He wants us to see him for who He is, God.  

Amen! It is said that Charles Finney would stop whatever he was doing, including canceling meetings, when he started to run dry. He would withdraw and go into the woods and spend time with God until he was refreshed and ready to serve in the power fo the Spirit of God.

Lord Bless,

LT

The lesson behind all the miracles is that God is able if we are willing to believe He will accomplish them. At least that is what I have learned from them.

The miracle of Peter walking on the water shows me that when we look at something rather than God the miracle stops. In all the miracles, disbelief is the only thing that keeps them from happening for us as well.

Right now, I am believing for something. Physical proof before my eyes says it won't happen...but...I will believe for it anyway, because I know my God is willing and able to do this for me.

Blessings.....

Rita

Rita,

Praying that God will give you the miracle that you seek.

Lord Bless,

LT

At this moment, my favorite miracle is found in Luke 7:11-17. The setting was a town called Nain. The text says, As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out—the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, “Don’t cry.”

It shows His great compassion and His great power.

Compassion is defined as "a deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it." http://www.thefreedictionary.com/compassion

That's Jesus for you.

He knows our sufferings.

The same Jesus who told her, "Don't cry" also has the power to bring an answer for us today as we cry for whatever the reason...maybe not the same answer as He gave her...and not as quickly as He did for her...but an answer which He will bring in His time.

Amanda,

The last paragragh is so true and well said.

Lord Bless,

LT

LOL ... well put :-)

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service