All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Greetings all,

I am starting this forum based on another one that has gotten quite a bit of attention.

The questions are:

"What is a false teacher according to Scripture?"

"What qualifies as false teaching?"

There are some rules for this forum. We will only accept the basics. I will not accept any post that is a posting of some website that is out there. In most cases that is not research, but rather a hunt for an article that agrees with one's already held position (everyone is guilty of this from time to time, so don't be offended by this comment).

What will be allowed:

The Word of God

Older commentaries (used sparingly)

Concordance

Personal view on the subject attempting to articulate from Scripture why you believe this to be true.

What will not be allowed:

Cut and paste web articles (as already mentioned)

Names of people you think are false teachers (lets focus on what it is, not examples at this point)

Name calling or what appears to be personal attacks

Many today want to be teachers so let's do some old fashion research on the topic and shy away from parroting what someone else believes.

Lord Bless,

LT

Views: 796

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Michelle,

Good word and WELCOME BACK :-)

Lord Bless,

LT

teaching materials that are not of God but men of this world

Could you elaborate a little?

Welcome back Michelle.

Paul warned the Ephesians about men who would speak twisted things...

(Acts 20:29-31 ESV) I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them.  Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish every one with tears.

(2 Timothy 3:1-5 ESV) But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

IMO we have to know what the Bible says and compare what we hear to what the Bible says. Paul talked about men speaking twisted things to draw away the disciples after them. A false teacher will eventually attempt to draw away disciples. It may not happen right away. We are to be alert. I believe false teachers are going to have the appearance of godliness so that they could possibly deceive even the elect. It's good to listen carefully to what a preacher is saying. I ask myself how much Bible/truth is being spoken? Does the preacher believe what he/she is teaching?

Love,

Mary

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service