All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Time and time again,I hear so many say they cannot forgive others.
It is unrefutably the hardest thing in the world for us to be able to do as humans.
How much can this hamper our prayer life and our own Spiritual walk with the Lord? What are the affects it will have on us and what can we do about it if we find ourselves in that rut of unforgiveness?
Most of all I would like to know what advice can we possibly give to anyone who is struggling with unforgiveness?
Any help on this topic would be very greatly appreciated.
Thankyo all!
Love in Christ,
Nancy

Views: 760

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hannah Hurnard, such a special book you will be blessed.
Interesting Amanda, thank you. Didn't know this, but know Hinds Feet was a very anointed book that I have never forgotten. I revert back to the lessons learned  every time I am having a dessert experience. Always sad to hear when one has fallen away from the Faith. Goes to show that one can be walking with the Lord one day and mightily used of Him, yet fall away the next. Although this book was penned many yrs. ago, many are the current day preachers and teachers who have compromised and soiled their reputations while taking unsuspecting believers with them. This is why it is essential to be baptized in the Holy Spirit, so one can not be pulled into false teaching. To know the Word, which only the Holy spirit can reveal to our spirits, is the best insurance against deception.

Amanda,

I know a lot of people do not see this in Isa.58, where it says, “And hide not thyself from your own flesh” meaning “to me” watch out and don’t let yourself get caught up in the same thing you are trying to get someone else delivered from.

In, 2 Timothy 2:20-21 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

This might be a little bit of a stretch, but it tells me to get the things out of my own life so I can help others get delivered. In other words, get the mote out of my own eyes…..,

Just thinking.

Joe

Greetings Sister Nancy,

What a great discussion you have going here. Obviously, a deep critical subject - forgiveness. Several excellent posts!

Here's something I heard years ago, and don't know where it's from: HE WHO ANGERS YOU...... CONTROLS YOU.

Think about that for a moment. It's true.

And how about Ephesians 6:12, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against............".

I agree with most all the posts here. I forgive people for their injustices, etc. against me, and if they don't receive my forgiveness, that's their problem............ Hey, isn't that the story of Jesus on the cross? Most people will not RECEIVE

John 3:16.

Plus, if we pray, "Forgive us our sins, AS WE FORGIVE OTHERS WHO SIN AGAINST US......", we might as well save our breath, cause our prayers won't be getting off the ground.

Grace and Peace.

Forgiveness, if not given, causes us to carry a burden....a burden that we don't need the weight of. I forgive people because I can't handle the weight of unforgiveness. In order for me to keep my mind in perfect peace, I need to forgive others. If I err against others, I apologize. Again, so I don't carry the weight of not apologizing. I have a relationship with God. If I don't forgive or don't apologize, I carry a burden that gets in the way of my relationship with God because I am ever conscience of that burden. If we try to have a perfect relationship with God, our relationships will be corrected quickly. Forgiveness given quickly. Apologies given quickly. The Bible says that if you have something against your brother, go to him quickly....

Amanda,

"If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."--John 20:23

These verses do not give authority to Christians to forgive sins. Jesus was saying that the believer can boldly declare the certainty of a sinner's forgiveness by the Father because of the work of His Son if that sinner has repented and believed the gospel. The believer with certainly can also tell those who do not respond to the message of God's forgiveness through faith in Christ that their sins, as a result, are not forgiven.

If the scripture above were given men authority to forgive sins then the scripture would be contradicting other verses were clearly shown that only God can forgive sins. Jesus breathe on them because the Holy Spirit had not come upon them to abide in them permanently, which happen some 40 days later.

Amanda,

I would have to give a "NO way Jose" to that one.  Us forgiving a person has nothing to do with the consequences of their sins, before the living God. God is just and as a just Judge, He cannot just let sin go without consequences. Even for us Christians there are consequences.

When we preach the Gospel to unbelievers, we can surely tell them that if they repent and believe in Christ their sins are forgiven and consequently, we can also tell them that their sins are not forgiven if they do not repent and believe in Christ.

Amanda,

You are correct in the way you quote the verses. I deliberately remember it the other way to help me to control my temper against other people, but I shouldn't have quoted it incorrectly. I'm sorry.

My opinion is that I wrong you and you forgive me, I am forgiven. If you don't forgive me, the effects of my sin is still draw Satan to me. Now, what I don't know is who Christ is talking about. Is He speaking of an unbeliever or is He speaking of a saved person?

Or is He saying that a person that has committed a sin in the flesh is forgiven or is Satan still going to maintain his control because of that sin? Is He repeating "whatever you bind on earth...." from Matt 16:19 and Matt 18:18?

I think He is repeating Matt 16:19 and Matt 18:18.

What about Matt 16:19?

Is that possibly it?

Nancy,

The one thing that has always helped me forgive is understanding my own desire and need to be forgiven. What it always comes down to for me, is, if God forgave all my sins and I was a really crazy guy back in the days, how dare I not forgive those that sin against me. Now as a man of faith I still need my Lord's forgiveness because I still fall short, so again, how dare I long and want God to forgive me and not extend that mercy to others.

I have been given so much grace and mercy, how in the word would I not give the same out. I believe God has picked me up over and over again, so I can do the same with my fellow family in Christ and the world.

I started to teach my little girl about mercy and it really works. When she is disobedient and her disobedience is such that it merits correction, I sometimes pull her to me and tell her that I will do to her, what my Father (the Lord) has done for me. she of course is expecting correction. I tell her that I forgive her and there will be no consequences for her disobedience, because God has done that for me many times. I also tell her that daddy is crazy about his little girl and I give her a big wet one on her cheek. She starts to cry and hugs me and says: thank u daddy hahaha it works.

She gets it "Mercy."

Blessed are the merciful for they will receive mercy... Matthew 5

Matthew 23:23, "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the other undone."

James 2:13: "For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment."

I want mercy, so I give it out. This helps me forgive others as I have been forgiven myself.

hahaha hahaha good one and you ain't lying, i am crazy for my Jesus!

I learned last week that i am going to be a daddy again so I am sharing my craziness with the world hahaha :)

Love you

Actually God has already forgiven us for our shortcomings. Therefore we need to quickly forgive the shortcomings of others.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service