All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

A Daily Signal Exclusive: Bakers Facing $135K Fine Over Wedding Cake for Same-Sex Couple Speak Out

https://www.facebook.com/TheDailySignalNews/videos/486012274898063/

Can somebody force somebody else to do something against their will?

Views: 1016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, it is thought provoking and I'm glad it's in God's hands over all, even though it's in the court system. A wedding cake is a tradition and part of celebrating the union and most couples save the top layer and freeze it for their first anniversary. It looks like both parties are feeling persecuted.
PS I mentioned RFRA because it's a law, too, and the issue of abiding by the laws of the land has been brought up.

I copied this comment from another site. Its not all about the cake but it is mentioned. I just wanted to share it on this forum topic.

Ok,we see on the news and stuff of people complaining they need their free birth control,abortion without limits and it's gotton so bad I read in the past some were wanting free pads. And people complain if you're Christian and don't want to bake a cake for a gay marriage. Yet those same people I never see complain about women not having rights over in the middle east and getting treated beyond very poorly [like getting stoned to death for being raped] nor do I see them complaining about homosexuals getting stoned to death for being gay.

Why are they complaining about life in America? I'm sure the women overseas could care less about free birth control or the gays over in the M.E could care less about cakes. All they want is not to be killed.

Christians,those for women's rights and the LGBT movement all have one thing in common. They're being killed overseas by Islamic radicals. No matter if you're a Christian,homosexual or just a woman of any faith or sexual orientation we can all agree. It's wrong to kill people who don't agree with you. So why not let's stop worrying about cakes and getting free birth control and let's help those who need it right now? Because no matter who you are we all have something in common. We all have a life given by God and it's wrong for someone to take that life

There are always going to be problems that seem bigger.  It's true that we've all been given life by God, and it's wrong to take that life...but one situation is not more important than the next.

As Christians we want to represent God and his love for people, and His desire for them to be saved matters, and we want to look like Jesus.  It all matters.  If someone doesn't bake a cake because of their convictions it matters....because looking like Jesus in even the smallest details of our lives matters. 

We absolutely need to talk about these things...because we need to figure it out.  Small details matter just as much as the big ones do.

Ribbon,

Along with what Carla has said I would add the following:

1) The author presumes that those discussing whether to bake a cake or not are not doing anything else. The author has no idea as to how involved one may or may not be in supporting various causes and plights locally and around the world. The author intimates also that a person can only have one focus, or be engaged in only one thing at a time.

2) The author makes another assumption. While it is true that those who live in areas where people are being killed for their faith in Christ are concerned about that specific persecution I can assure you that that is not their only concern. It may be the biggest concern, but I am confident that they have other issues they are contemplating on a daily basis. That is human nature.

3) There is no reason a person in one of the areas where their life is threatened would or should be concerned about the cake issue, but for those who live in America and similar countries this issue is of concern because these things are part of the erosion process (from our POV). We either address lesser issues (lesser than death issues) or we will wake up one day and our liberties will have been taken away. As it is where homosexual behavior was once a crime in some areas now the coin is flipping and those who oppose homosexual behavior are viewed as homophobic, as haters and are facing hate crime charges, in some places (and soon to be in more places) simply for their beliefs. Let me repeat that ...simply for their beliefs, no physical action, no attacking anyone physically ... just for their beliefs. As stated earlier in this thread I am confident that I will, in my life time, face threat of jail for what I preach ... so does discussing the cake issue or any other issue that leads to erosion (from our POV) matter? Even though I think they should bake the cake in this case (because they sell a product to the consumer) as long as they are not personally materially participating in the event itself I still believe the discussion is important.

Lord Bless,

LT

Amen LT.  Very good explanation.

The person who wrote the comment isn't in any way saying that the people behind the cake shouldn't have any concerns.  This person is one of the most sweetest people I ever met. I think mostly from reading other things she has posted it is just her frustration about how the media and the people are so fixated on things like birth control and cakes when this world is falling apart. I agree with that.  The commenter is more concerned for the lives of the cake baker and the two lesbians more so than the cake it self.   I hope that explains that what you are assuming about her isn't fully correct. 

Ribbon,

To clarify my remarks a little, when I say "the author presumes" or "makes assumptions" I literally am not talking about the author, but am speaking directly to that which is written. Thus, maybe I should choose my wording differently to emphasize that I am speaking in response to the article.

I can appreciate what you are saying, but will say that the article, as passionate as it is, IMO misses the mark. We will have these types of issues and struggles until Jesus returns. They are not going to go away for it is part of the fallen nature. While I believe we will continue to have these struggles I also do not believe that all who are calling for contraceptives and complaining about the cake issue have no regard for what is happening in other areas of the world. I am sure there are some who could care less, but it is not good to attempt to put them all together in one box. I would also add that as long as these issues arise there is a call for us as Christians to engage and navigate these waters or one day we will find the tide has risen so high we are beginning to drown.

I believe it is safe to say we can be concerned about many issues, great and small, at the same time while not neglecting the greater work Christ has called us too.

Lord Bless,

LT

but it seems in this day and age that it is only the small that is being noticed.  I understand what yu are saying but I also understand what she is saying. IMO my guessing,,the only reason that the two lesbians got any recognition in the first place is because they are being used by the media... and or by the christian haters to draw attention that people should hate christians. 

Your guess IMO, as a friend of ours used to say ... is spot on. 

I don't think it is really about the small, but rather the agenda and those behind the agenda who have the power to make it an issue that is heard around the world that drives these type of things. It is amazing that an issue over a cake would make WORLD news, but that is the world we currently live in.

Lord Bless,

LT

I don't think it is really about the small, but rather the agenda and those behind the agenda who have the power to make it an issue that is heard around the world that drives these type of things. It is amazing that an issue over a cake would make WORLD news, but that is the world we currently live in.

I agree fully.

I miss our friend so much too. Reading the 'is spot on' that you wrote made me a bit teary eyed.

Didn't mean to upset you. I just thought it was a nice way to remember our good friend whom we miss ...

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service