All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

This question and variations of this question are probably as old as religion itself.

One answer or understanding is that God ALLOWS "bad" things to happen as part of His over-arching plan but He doesn't CAUSE them to happen. Ephesians 1:11 says that God works all things after the counsel of his will.

If God is not sending the disease, the accidents or the tragedies, then why not step in and prevent them?

Views: 551

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,  CeeLa JoDy

You have received so many great answers.  I know from my own life thru my personal difficulties God has proven Himself faithful...not by removing the tragedy, but by walking alongside me in profound ways, teaching me, strengthening me and guiding me..  Encouraging me..  oh how He encourages me....disciplining me and lovingly correcting me. 

If God did step in and prevent tragedies, people would likely still deny Him.  I have found that it is thru the difficulties and tragedies, humility is learned and we become truly blessed as we learn our need for Him.  Where would we be if we didn't know our need for Him?  Many people are in that place, and I used to be there too.  But now I just know my need for Him, and it's because of the tragedies, accidents, sickness etc...  I can't imagine Him removing them, if He did I wouldn't know Him as I do.

Blessings, Carla

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service