All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Rachelle Starrn was raised in a Christian home & had never been inside a strip club in her life. But she felt this calling from God to reach out to women in the sex industry. She knew that God had given her a passion for those women to know how much He loves them & how precious they were in His eyes. Whatever doubts, she knew God was calling her to take action. He didn't want her to just to feel compassion for them but to do something about it.

In 2008, she started Scarlet Hope, a ministry that reaches out to women involved in the sex industry. They take big, southern-comfort-style dinners to strip clubs. Their prayer is that they're not just feeding their stomachs but they're feeding a deeper spiritual hunger. In some clubs, they fix hair & make-up so they can get some one-on-one time with the girls. It gives them the opportunity to pray with women in the middle of the strip club.

She states that many hearts have been changed & lives touched & many turned to Christ for forgiveness &  new beginnings. She says she has seen Jesus show up many times in the back of a strip club dressing room. Many dancers opened up to them, sharing their struggles, asking for prayers, & some have even accepted their invitations to church.

What are your thoughts on this testimony? When I read it I must admit doubts flooded me. I know Jesus goes to the sinners but He didn't put their make-up on before prostituting themselves. Am I wrong with my feelings? No one knows the mind of God but do you really believe God would have them take such drastic steps to reach others? 

Views: 5997

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Janie,

I find you funny

Richard

Brothels? What year was you born in? Are you as old as Wyatt Earp or something?

ROFL

Thank you Chip.... God bless you also.

Janie, whoops, not you..... I did it again........

Trying to make a point.....and then close with a little humor, I added confusion to the discussion.....sorry.

Char (Seek Ye First) is correct. I was trying to say that Christians out on the mission field (from jungles to strip clubs) don't really seek approval of other Christians .......but they seek the blessings of God for their work. And that's what counts.

Lookey here....the world has got enough judges, enough prosecutors, but not near enough witnesses.......the field is white unto harvest. The Bible says to pray for more workers to work in the fields (the fields - from prisons to brothels).

Also, as Char noticed, I was kidding about my wife not letting me witness where Scarlet Hope does. We have been married 46 years, and both  our first love is Jesus Christ. He is first in our lives. Amen.

Grace and Peace.

Richard,

Thank you for taking time to help me understand better. No one adds confusion like I do.... no one here anyway.  I agree there isn't enough witnessing by the Christians. I use to pray all the time Christians would com and witness to me. Pleanty of Mormons and Jehovahs Witnesses come knocking though... so I agree there isnt enough.

To whoever reads this,

I am going to try to explain myself just one more time and if I cant do it right.... well I just give up. When I disagree with women going into these places... I wasn't feeling like I was judging , I just disagree because of the appearance of all evil scripture , that is all. That's why I believe like I do scripturally. Personaly my "personal"thinking is this... It is so dangerous for any women to go to places who have men there with one thing on their mind and we all know what that is. There are some reall sickos out there... and yes I know they are at the football games and the restarants too. My thinking.... not judging their methods... is these ladys should have some strong men go with them. Strong instreghth and in the Lord go with them.  I don't think these Christian men should be gauking at them getting ready and this is one reason I think it would be safer to be outside with both women and men. If that is judging I am truly sorry bu this is my opinion .

Richard , congratulations on a 46 yr Jesus led marriage.... that is rare now days.  

That's how you feel about Janie, so that ministry isn't for you or one you would support.  That view may change in the future, mine may.  We never know.  But you have to stand on what you feel convicted of and these ladies stood on what they felt. 

And yes, more Christian churches need to get out to the people.  Ours goes door to door to pass out flyers for special events, we put up a billboard in our neighborhood advertising special sermon series and VBS, etc.  We have a local broadcast.  They reach the community in different ways.  Not many churches do that and it takes a lot of work and willing volunteers.  That's something that gets me to feeling down.  I've done the door to door flyers, but I've had so many medical issues that I can't much help with things and feel like I should be doing more.  But it's not about our works.  I want to do more.  I just can't.  Some will preach that we should do all we can.  My church has been known to preach this at times.  And then the guilt sets in that I'm not doing enough.  It's circular.  LOL

Seek,

Come to think of it.... I have gotten a couple fliers left on my door since I moved here.. They both were reaching out to the Spanish speaking community though. I could only make out that it was an invite to a church. So that's cool.... Im not pouting now as much for no one knocking at my door. I just don't understand Spanish.

Actually they didn't knock..... they only put the flier there. cool anyway

Maybe you should move to Mexico then.  Force them to learn English.  LOL!

Tammy,

Brothels......houses of ill repute.... cat houses...... red light district....prostitution......whores (which as a kid, I thought was spelled  hoars, till I realized the word was in the dictionary).

And we've been to Tombstone, Arizona.......Wyatt Earp's  trompin' ground. Never did meet him, though.

See, Tams,  I've been around the block......a couple of times.

But, I've never been witnessing...... or patronizing, any of these places.

But you did go around the block. Was that for a second look? LOLOL

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service