All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Rachelle Starrn was raised in a Christian home & had never been inside a strip club in her life. But she felt this calling from God to reach out to women in the sex industry. She knew that God had given her a passion for those women to know how much He loves them & how precious they were in His eyes. Whatever doubts, she knew God was calling her to take action. He didn't want her to just to feel compassion for them but to do something about it.

In 2008, she started Scarlet Hope, a ministry that reaches out to women involved in the sex industry. They take big, southern-comfort-style dinners to strip clubs. Their prayer is that they're not just feeding their stomachs but they're feeding a deeper spiritual hunger. In some clubs, they fix hair & make-up so they can get some one-on-one time with the girls. It gives them the opportunity to pray with women in the middle of the strip club.

She states that many hearts have been changed & lives touched & many turned to Christ for forgiveness &  new beginnings. She says she has seen Jesus show up many times in the back of a strip club dressing room. Many dancers opened up to them, sharing their struggles, asking for prayers, & some have even accepted their invitations to church.

What are your thoughts on this testimony? When I read it I must admit doubts flooded me. I know Jesus goes to the sinners but He didn't put their make-up on before prostituting themselves. Am I wrong with my feelings? No one knows the mind of God but do you really believe God would have them take such drastic steps to reach others? 

Views: 5997

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey thank you Michelle for going to add the blogs about my question, I really appreciate that. Because Tammys topic has really got me to thinking. Thanks I will be looking for them.

Yes, and being given the Word of God, praying that something would get through and they would turn to Him and walk out of that strip club.

Thank you Michelle. I will write this one down and have it to learn during the day. I just read one of your blogs and will read the other one later. I was wanting the know this because of the scripture abstain from all evil.  Thank you once again.

Seek, they were preparing them to sin. They went INTO the club, put on their make-up & fixed their hair to send them onstage. Not sure how that's not preparing them. 

He didn't have to go into they bedrooms to do it though Char. I think this is bi-polar opposite. Everybody washed everybody's feet back then.

Food for thought: In the 1st century there were shrines/temples that had both male and female prostitutes. Do we have any evidence that the apostles or first century Christians entered these shrines/temple to reach out to the prostitutes. If they did not then we are left with two choices. 1) They viewed it as wrong and did not do it. 2) They failed to obey God's Word by going to these kinds of places. If one selects #2 then they are choosing that Paul, Barnabas, Mark, Silas, Timothy and others failed to reach out to lost people in these situations. If they did do it we have a 3rd choice. 3) They did it but no one found it worth recording this effort.

I'm not going to read all of that without knowing what your point is. Please clarify.

Sorry. Only have cellphone. Article basically addresses the assumptions you laid out.

I'm sorry. I am not following what you mean. I am not seeing the connection.

Ok, sorry about that.  But I was reading email from my cellphone over the weekend, saw your questions, did a bit of searching and found that article that addresses the questions and just posted the link.  It's so hard for my fat fingers to type on my phone that I have to wait until I get in front of my computer again from work to really address things.

Ok, you asked:  Do we have any evidence that the apostles or first century Christians entered these shrines/temple to reach out to the prostitutes.

The article addresses how Paul went directly into those places that were known as sexually immoral cities/areas.  In the third paragraph it sates:  the Lord was having Paul take the Gospel to a city where Satan manifested himself particularly through lust.  It speaks of the women working as temple prostitutes by day in Corinth and prowling the streets by night, how the city worshiped Aphrodite/Venus.  And this is where God sent Paul.  Right into the lion's den, into the corruption.

3) They did it but no one found it worth recording this effort.

There is yet a fourth possibility.  It was recorded, yet has not been found or was in something that the original Bible translators did not translate appropriately or deemed as not worth putting into our today's 66 book Bible. 

I would completely discount the fourth possibility.

There is a difference between going to a city and entering into the specific area where the sin is taking place (i.e. the temple where the prostitution was taking place.)

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service