All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Rachelle Starrn was raised in a Christian home & had never been inside a strip club in her life. But she felt this calling from God to reach out to women in the sex industry. She knew that God had given her a passion for those women to know how much He loves them & how precious they were in His eyes. Whatever doubts, she knew God was calling her to take action. He didn't want her to just to feel compassion for them but to do something about it.

In 2008, she started Scarlet Hope, a ministry that reaches out to women involved in the sex industry. They take big, southern-comfort-style dinners to strip clubs. Their prayer is that they're not just feeding their stomachs but they're feeding a deeper spiritual hunger. In some clubs, they fix hair & make-up so they can get some one-on-one time with the girls. It gives them the opportunity to pray with women in the middle of the strip club.

She states that many hearts have been changed & lives touched & many turned to Christ for forgiveness &  new beginnings. She says she has seen Jesus show up many times in the back of a strip club dressing room. Many dancers opened up to them, sharing their struggles, asking for prayers, & some have even accepted their invitations to church.

What are your thoughts on this testimony? When I read it I must admit doubts flooded me. I know Jesus goes to the sinners but He didn't put their make-up on before prostituting themselves. Am I wrong with my feelings? No one knows the mind of God but do you really believe God would have them take such drastic steps to reach others? 

Views: 5997

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Long ago a Christian women told me that even though someone is not doing the sin that it appears they are doing...... people from the outside may think they are doing the sin. Like a couple of lovers living together but telling people they are not sleeping together. She said it appears they are . If my daughters were strippers I would want Christians going to them no matter where they are... in the club or out.But I still think it appears evil <-----sinful. I also know it says to go out into the world to spread the gospel. The scripture you give is of Jesus sitting at a supper table with the sinners. I don't know.... like I said I am confused about this.

Your scripture says Jesus sat at meat in His house. I

Yes, that's the KJV.  NIV puts it:

15 While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Walking down the booze aisle at Krogers may appear to some as if you aren't acting Christian.  Satan can use scripture against us well too.  He knows it better than we ever will.  He tried to use scripture against Christ.  The Pharisees, working for satan, went against Christ for eating with sinners, for visiting their home and joining in with them in food and drink, because they wanted to make Him appear bad.  But you will know them by their fruits.  And if these ladies are winning people away from the club and to Christ, they're fruitful.

Kroger? Is that a beer store, or a grocery store?  If a grocery store and they are not filling there cart with the booze but just walking down the isle... ... I know there are people who may say something like look at oh sister so and so... she sure is taking her sweet time walking down drunk isle. That's gossip... I am talking about the Christians going inside the clubs the whore houses things like that. I am confused about this... I said before that If my family were inside one of these places I would want the Christians to go to them

Kroger is a grocery store.  But when a group of Christian women (not one alone) are going into this place, knowing they have that ministry in place and they are dressed as church women and not strippers...it should be evident why they are there.  Cause if one points out they're Christian and going in there, that person knows them enough to know they're Christian and therefore should also know their ministry.

Here is one woman's story. It comes from the website where Scarlet Hope sells t- shirts to raise money to offer employment outside of the adult entertainment industry.

The following is from the website:
Tangibly, the organization provides needs such as food, housing, schooling, counseling, and transportation to those trapped in the business. If there is a genuine need, it’s met.

They know that by Jesus’ example he went into the gutter of those who were living a life of poverty, prostitution, sickness, disease, and loneliness. He met each one of them where they were at.

Scarlet Hope wants the world to know that God loves every single woman and man in the sex industry, and that no one is outside the love, grace, and hope of Jesus Christ.

Every shirt that spendyourself agrees to produce has a specific story behind it, and this one is no different. Listed below is the story that comes from a woman in industry who goes by the stage name of Scarlet.

Scarlet’s story:

My name is Scarlet. Broken. Unloved. Unworthy.

I am a dancer who the world throws stones at. I am spit on, mocked, called a whore. People think I don’t deserve to live.

When I walked into the club, I thought I was going to be able to make some money dancing on tables and getting guys to buy me drinks. It wasn’t until I walked in that dreadful club that I realized how different my life was about to change. I immediately felt as though I was paralyzed and in a trance. I just wanted to go leave. However, I have four kids and they needed food. They hadn’t eaten a real meal in a week and I just got out of the hospital for attempted suicide. It was going to be fast, easy and I was going to make money to feed my kids.

I thought just one drink might take the edge off, but an hour later I was completely drunk. I hadn’t eaten in days, and hunger was gnawing at my insides.

In my drunken state I noticed a group of women coming in to bring a home cooked meal. Why were they coming in? Could I quiet my growling stomach finally?

I waited a minute until they set up, I was staggering all around and everyone was watching me make a fool of myself. I was a wreck. I went up to the table where the food was set up and asked if I could buy a plate, the girls looked at me and told me “no this is free for you, would you like a plate?” I immediately skipped the plates and started eating straight out of the pan. They helped me get a plate, but by this time I was gorging myself with food and couldn’t imagine eating anything better.

I was embarrassed yet I couldn’t stop. I wanted help, but I didn’t.

My stomach hadn’t had food in it for a week, and this sudden feast was feeling like it was going to come right back up.

I started to vomit everywhere and one of the girls put her arms around me and held me as I threw up. I looked into her eyes and was crying hysterically. I asked her if she knew Jesus…she looked me straight in the eye and said “yes I know Jesus, do you?” I told her I did, but that I was so far from him that I needed him to help me…I asked her to pray with me. So we started to pray, and by the middle of the prayer I was crying out to God louder than the music was playing in the club.

People all around us were watching. The other girls that came with her were praying behind us, God was there, I felt his spirit move.

At the most embarrassing, broken, unlovable time in my life, I was loved!

Unwavering. Unconditional. Love took hold of me that day, all because someone decided to come and love me.

There is a God that loves me deeper than anyone can explain. It’s a love that reaches to the very darkness that was in my soul. I am loved.

True enough ....

I will try to bing search my questions about my thoughts on this. The verse that popped into my mind when I first read Tammys topic wasn't because I wanted to judge these ladys. It just popped there. I looked up the scripture later and it says to abstain from the appearance of "all" evil.  Someone told me evil was sin.  I just hope that it doesn't backfire on these Christians going into these places. Backfire as in they cross over to the stripper side instead of the other way around.

I think its good that some Christians go into the world instead of just sitting in church. I remember years ago , watching some stupid talk show. They had this lady who was a stripper. She said God called her to strip.... she said she donated her money to charities and churchs. She was basically saying the same things being said here. She believed with all her heart that she was doing what God called her to do. I know that this is not what the Christians yall mention is doing.... but I just remembered her. 

God doesn't call someone to DO what is wrong, to earn money in sinful ways.  But He does call us to go in and associate with those doing those things.  If it means we enter a sinner's house or the strip club, to minister - not dance for money, then we go.

When I listened to this lady talking about being called by God... I didn't think she really was. But I think she believed she was. I know this isn't the same thing as the ministry... I just thought of her and typed it.

Yeah, some say they're called, but then they are deceived and haven't read the Word enough to know they're deceived.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service