All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Please share what you believe to be the most comforting verses for someone who will be passing on to the Lord. My dad was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer of the lungs which has metastisized to his liver. Thank you for all your responses ahead of time. My dad and I really appreciate them.

Views: 6826

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ginnybear. I just posted a new blog.. "How do you know you are saved?".. please show it to him.
Love and Blessings, Carla
Thank you Carla, I will do just that :)

Psalm 138:8 the Lord will perfect that which concerns me.

Glenda, whenever worries comes or questions and concerns, try to put them aside and just speak this scripture and nothing else. Let the focus go to the Lord at any time. In Psalm 138 He is saying that He the Lord will perfect that which concerns you.
When we are sick and going through trouble, it is the enemy job to magnify the word wicked, the enemy loves to play on our emotions when we are sick ( this is his trick ).
Look for the word righteous and claim only that for your dad during this time.
God will forgive our sins and remembers them no more, no need to keep rehearsing them over and over again, instead our focus should be on the Lord.
Once we asked forgiveness and if we are Christians, we will do that and God says He is faithful to forgive and that is the end of it.
you are blessed in Jesus!
Dear GinnyBear... I am praying for protection over you and your family...that God will sheild you from the enemy...that you will not be discouraged or confused...but have God's perfect peace which surpasses all understanding..and wisdom to handle all that you are going thru. This verse is on my heart to share with you... Love in Christ, Carla

Ecc 3:1 There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven.
Ecc 3:2 A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest.
Ecc 3:3 A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to rebuild.
Ecc 3:4 A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance.
Ecc 3:5 A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
Ecc 3:6 A time to search and a time to lose. A time to keep and a time to throw away.
Ecc 3:7 A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quiet and a time to speak up.
Ecc 3:8 A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace.
I feel so blessed to have friends such as your selves. I Praise God He shares you with me :)

My dad and I have been speaking more openly than ever before about the Lord, God's Word, salvation, and eternity. I think we are enjoying this sad season more than we could have expected to. I know the Lord is at work in us right now. That is obvious. My dad pulled out a little book to share with me the other day, but so much was going on that we didn't have a chance to read it together (he has begun hospice care). Today, however, he pulled it out again. Has anyone ever heard of a book called Lessons in Truth, by H. Emilie Cady? It is an older book, which he supposedly inherited from his mother (one of many he inherited from her). My dad's mom was very scriptural. This book I was able today to sit down and read. So I read some of it aloud to my dad. The moment was precious. I only wish we would have fellowshiped in such way many more times throughout my life. I kind of feel like we skipped a truly cherishable aspect of our relationship during my growing up. No sense looking back now, though. I am so glad our bond is growing in prevelence now. I always sensed our bond, but allowing it to manifest outright seemed a bit troubelsome for some reason. Anyhoo, all is going well now (outside of his physical condition, of course). I am so glad for this time I have with him. If only I could take away the cancer from his body, all would be quite perfect. Well, it is placed in the Lords hands. Thank the Lord for Jesus!
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and Revelation 21:3-5
When I read this spot in Revelation, I always get tears in my eyes. Maybe it's silly. I get tears because God is going to wipe away our tears. God's going to make everything brand new.

I ask God to help and to guide all of you. That you are strengthened and comforted.

God bless,
Mary O.
I sang this song to my grandmother this year, she was in so much agony she couldn't even respond, her breathing was so fast..She had emphasima and lung cancer.
I sang this song for her two times in a row, at the end of this song her breathing immediately returned to normal, her body realaxed and I could see she was just so pleased, I could see she was thinking about it.
I knew that she was indeed focussed on our loving Jesus.
She took one more breath and past away before me in total peace.
I pray this will bless your father as it blessed my grandmother.
May God grant him peace in his final hour, may his eyes forever be on the prize that is the salvation of Jesus Christ.
That he may truely know that he is a son of our Father most high, who knows every detail of his life, and has washed him white as snow. Holy and blamless before God, not because of his ability to lead a sinless life (or lack of, as all have fallen short..as is written), but because of the sanctification from the blood of Jesus Christ.that we are no longer bound by the law.
Praise be to my Father, my King and my God.

Amen

Hi Maggie, and thank you.That was beautiful! My dad, however, went to be with our savior about five weeks ago. I'm sorry to hear of your loss in your grandmother. I can understand your experience, since my dad suffered the same type infliction. It was so sad to watch him slip away from us further each day. But we can rejoice in their new life with Jesus! God bless you, my sister!

In Christ,
Glenda
Temitope, are you doing okay? There are a lot of people here who can help you grow in relationship to the Word of God. I suggest you read through the archives here and post questions by beginning new threads in the discussion forum. You will receive more responses to your questions if you start there. I hope you are alright. Take care, and may the Lord lead you.

Blessings,
Ginny
Ginny,.... (((hugs))) I know this is a subject that multitudes in the Body of Christ have struggled with over the years.... I am just entering a situation where I have been diagnoised with an incurable dis-ease. I struggle nightly to be able to sleep, as my problem is with my muscles.... spasming... it has a name, Spasmodic Torticollis.... and with Gods help, I plan to pursure the treatment that is avaiable...however, there is no indication of a cure... apart from a miracle...which I also plan to pursue.

I will continue with the hopes that Christ will reach down and touch me, and release me from the agony of this particular misery...however, if he dose not...with his help... I hope to be able to continue my witness for him.

My activities have been greatly curtailed, as I have osteoarthritis also, but, my hope is in him... to keep me going, and to help me to bear my load.... until or if, he chooses to heal me. I know the power lies within his hands, because that is who he is, however, it seems that sometimes he allows things to be in our lives.... perhaps to see if we are willing to serve him ......anyway.

I cannot image a life without him, whether I am healed or not... I must have his presence... Or life would not be worth living.

In my suffering, I can def. empathize with others in the same or similar condition. Having lived a fullfilling life, free of
dis-ease...for the most part... (except for depression & anxiety....which I finally seem to have conquered for the most part.... providing I stick very close to Jesus.... ) I am very glad for the good years.... and glad of all the things that I got to do.

I sincerely wish that I had the gift of healing, so that I was able to touch others life, and make it better.... and in many ways I can, however, if there was one gift that God would give me, it is the gift of healing that I desire.

To be able to lay hands on someone who is obviously suffering and make them well.... like Jesus did... would be a wonderful thing indeed. However, I suppose it would take great humility on our part... otherwise, we would probably become puffed up with pride... which God hates.

So.. I will take one day at a time, and enjoy every moment that I have that is free from pain, (which is not a lot) and now from my head shaking... (which is mostly when I try to sleep :( .... please send my love to your dad....and a big hug.... and ask him if he sees Jesus before I do (which seems likely ).... to please tell him I love him... and long to be in his presence.

God bless....my dear friend.. in Christ. (((hugs)))
Hello Gayla,
Am I correct to assume this is a reponse to my recent thread in the "healingPRAYERs" group? ;-) Allow me to offer my reply there.

I am greatful to have your thoughts on the topic. Thank you. :)

Ginny- healingPRAYERs group: http://www.allaboutgod.net/group/familyhealthact208

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service