All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Used to I believed that there was still a chance to be saved after Jesus came back for His chosen. Im not sure why I believed that way. Maybe it was just what I heard. I don't believe that way anymore.  I think the reason I don't is because someone saying that once Jesus comes back and takes His people, the Holy Spirit will go with Him. If the Holy Spirit isn't here to draw you to Jesus then how would it be possible? Does anybody have any verses that convinces them one way or the other about if you can be saved or not after Rapture? Thank you in advance.

Views: 822

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And every generation since the disciples has come and gone while we await the coming of the Lord, which will happen in His time. We can be curious and asks the questions (of which most have no real definitive answer, but lots of speculation and some talking heads who think they have it all figured out), but we must never forget to live today and realize that today ... not tomorrow ... is the day of salvation, for none are guaranteed a tomorrow.

It's the end of the present world and the end of all things temporal for those who leave this life as each day passes and they go out into eternity. Having a doomsday attitude about the future is something which those who have received Christ as Savior and Lord need not have. I don't feel pessimistic about possible futures concerning the Rapture/Great Tribulations/Second Coming simply because I know God is sovereign and in full control and I'm eternally secure in Christ Jesus. God has continually given grace to those suffering tribulations and persecutions during the church age to help them persevere and that's not going to stop until the Bride is carried home -- neither the gift of grace to persevere nor the persecutions and trials and tribulations. In the same respect, none of us know what we will have to go through before we leave this life, and I pray always for strength and guidance to persevere.

Having said that, the way I understand it, the beginning of the New Covenant was the beginning of the church age and the entire church age is considered the last days. That's why John said it that way in 1 John 2:18, and in context it means the church age, as do Heb. 1:1- 2; 1 Pet. 1:20; and Jude 18.

But I know that's not what people mean when asking if these are the last days.

I'm not scoffing as I say this but my personal thoughts about it are that things within the organization called the church will get much worse before the true Bride of Christ is carried away and taken to the Father's house. That's simply my opinion and nothing more.

When reading Scripture, a common misconception is made that "last days" "end times" and so forth all have the same meaning.

When the word "end" is mentioned in the bible, one must look at the context in which it's being used and the adjective or adverb modifying it. Basic Principle of Modifier Placement: "Modifiers are like teenagers: they fall in love with whatever they're next to. Make sure they're next to something they ought to modify." :)

I wonder when the rapture does occur, how many will be sitting in Sunday service listening to the preacher just to turn and find their seatmate gone.  And...how many preachers will still be there preaching.  :-(

It reminds me of a joke, though funny, sobering and true.

A group of gunmen come bursting into a church during Sunday worship and tell the congregation they are going to open fire in 3 minutes and anyone still in the sanctuary was going to be shot.  People began fleeing from the church.  Two minutes later, the gunmen pulled off their masks, laid down their guns and one said "Go ahead preacher.  These are your true worshipers."

I know it's just a joke and I guess I have an odd sense of humor but I didn't like the joke simply because it isn't wrong to flee from danger or persecution, and, in fact, Jesus said to flee from it.

An example though for the use of "last days" was in my inbox this morning -- an ad that said: "It's the Last Days! Offer will soon end. Get 25% Off + Free Shipping on Dad's Gift!"

I've heard that the rapture is not the beginning of the tribulation, but rather, it is the signing of the seven year covenant between the Antichrist and Israel.  Daniel 9:24-27

Regardless, I think LT is absolutely correct, that today is the day of salvation.  

This is a fascinating study.  I did one years ago.  However, if we're asking questions and studying from an unhealthy perspective, it is unhealthy. 

Jesus will receive anyone who comes to Him.  If you believe anything different, then you have believed a lie.

Carla

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service