All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

How can a person prove to others the bible's not some "man made book corupted by man"? For those who believe it's God's word but it's been corupted over the years.

And, what do I do if I tell someone a doctrine (the deity of Christ), that it's in the bible but I get a comment "Than the bible's wrong!"

Views: 1341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see what you mean Roy except if we take Genisis and creature to be right God created in English man    then adam named the wo man

Breezy,

I was responding to the question you posed in your original post.  I didn't realize the discussion was from April and that, in resurrecting it, it had a taken a different turn, and that you were asking something different now.  Roy's answer sums things up nicely.

The Bible is God's revelation to humanity written by men inspired and directed by the Holy Spirit.  It is the infallible repository of redemptive revelation from God.  It is our final authority in matters of faith, doctrine, morals and practice.  God chose to reveal his plan through the men who wrote the various writings that comprise the Bible.  

As for what your mother believes about the Bible's origin and authority, including the "confusion" it's creating for you, I'd prefer not to speculate.  Though, as Roy said, the statement you represented as a summation of your mother's beliefs, is, in Roy's words, "actually pretty close."  

But any confusion about what your mother believes or doesn't and why or why not about the Bible is obviously something you'll have clear to up with her.  None of us here can possibly know the answer.  She isn't participating in this discussion and, therefore, isn't available to explain or answer questions in this Forum about what she believes.

Faith, hope and love,

Colby

Colby, "actually pretty close" is better than before. It's another step closer. :) That's an answer, an unexpected one but still an answer, to prayers.

I learned I have to be pacient and wait for her to bring up the subject. It's better for me to ask "Where is it in the Bible?" Than to bring it up personally. It helps if she starts the discussion, which by the power of prayer is helping it work.

You see if I just bring up the deity of Christ she'll get upset. But, if she starts the discussion than things are easier. For ex. awhile back she randomly brought up to me "Jesus and Satan are brothers,they were the first two created" or whatever. I didn't get mad (that had to be thr Holy Spirit giving me strength because there's no way I would have been that calm on my own). I just asked her where it was in the Bible. She said it's in there(she doesn't know where though). Now while we didn't open a Bible and start a heavy discussion atleast that question/seed was planted. "Where is it in the Bible?" I know I have to keep praying and I have to, by His Grace, wait paciently for her to bring something else up. That way she's not as likely to get mad and the conversation can go smoother. It's up to the Holy Spirit how He wants to work on her.

For if I bring it up an arguement will probably come out(which does no one any good). But, if I wait and she says something first that makes things easier. And I know the Holy Spirit will convict her. Even planting a simple "Where is it in the Bible" is a start. Besides, she's not as liable to harden her heart to the Holy Spirit if there's no "rough feelings" such as that in an arguement. She likes to talk about who she believes Jesus is (Michael,Satan's brother). While I highly disagree with her I have to be pacient,listen to her and let the Holy Spirit do His job. Who knows what "turn" is going to happen in a conversation. It's better to wait and pray than to be hasty and say something I'll regret later. Besides, the prayers are working. Even just her bringing up a subject is a great improvement;for she never used to just bring something up to me randomly. Now an even bigger improvement is that yesterday I found out a little more on what she means by "the Bible is manmade". Prayers are certainly being answered! While she doesn't seem to be ready to talk about the deity of Christ yet I know the Holy Spirit is slowly but surely working on her like how He was slowly but surely leading me to Christ (it was a process that took years).

Dean burrows. I deffintly know the Holy Spirit is working on her. And I know we can't prove anything, it takes conviction by the Holy Spirit. We can only plant seeds.

Amen     And your right the Holy Spirit is. She knows Bible cant lie.  Awesome

Feet in the Breeze,

Yes, it's definitely a good sign, a step in the right direction, a positive indication.  That's my take away from your most recent exchange with your mom regarding the Bible.  Keep up the good work!

Faith, hope and love,

Colby

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service