All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Have you every felt you or others expect perfection from you, when it is impossible for us all.  What is important is to be yourself, yet with thoughts of perfection again impossible.  How then is the best way to just be yourself?  Just a child of God working out their Faith.  Why, do we try to hide our flaws, when if others knew it may help.  Not like leading others astray, just working out our flaws through Grace. 

Views: 760

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Roy

Amen.  I have been studying God and His Providence care for us.  Since I began, I have seen verses in many different ways.  In a deeper sense; a more complete sense.  I am truly encouraged by the things I have seen.

When the Lord gives me a test, I realize how far away I am from perfection. Chris, you are a loving person. I am not. For some He needs a chisel. For others He needs a sledge hammer. I am one that requires the sledge hammer. Yet, I know He loves me in spite of my faults. I say I have given Him my life and then realize that I haven't. He promises to save those who call on Him for help. Sometimes we just don't realize how high those ocean waves are going to be that He drags us through. Some see themselves as walking on the water with Jesus and Peter. I don't. I see myself in a life raft or some floating device being pulled along these stormy sea waters, drenched, nearly drowned, but completely safe at all times. There's a description you probably haven't seen before. Sometimes we see walls of ocean water on both sides of us but realize we are still going.

I can just see God saying to our enemy, "See my servant Chris. Consider his ways."

And then, the devil comes back and says, "But, what about Roy?"

And God says, "Never mind about him, I'll get him where he needs to be."

That's our God. He refuses to leave us in our self-delusional parts of life that indicate to us we have arrived. The minute we begin to think pretty good about ourselves, He pulls the curtain back just a little more and we are faced with the challenge of just how much work there is left to do.

I agree with His providential care. We need to consider the lilies just a bit more. 

Blessings.

Roy

Those are kind and uplifting Words, and I thank you for them.  I believe if the word was out to all those in my past, they may share with you a different view.  I do believe I am a loving person, but only based on and from Him.  I have been humbled so many times over the years, for awhile I thought that to be one of the reasons He created me.  To humble me, so others would feel better about themselves, or be able to say, "I might not be perfect, but at least I am not Chris!"  Yet, over time The Spirit showed me, the more I am humbled the less of me and the more of Jesus others see.

I have ran, failed, refused to change, and on and on.  I did not want to be who He created.  I did not want to be a prophet, I was not sure God had actually meet me before.  I felt I would let Him down.  I regret few things, that is the biggest.  The time I wasted running from who He designed me to be.  For it is not based on me.  It does not require me to rise to the occasion.  What I learned from the humbling is, for me to be who He wants me to be, all I have to do is Trust him, and get out of the way.

Roy although we have never meet face to face.  We serve The Same Lord.  I believe His Love flows and works through you FAR,FAR, FAR, and away more than you think.  As I have simply let go of what I "think" I should do, and yielded to His Desire and Trust in His Ability to bring forth His Plan through me, for the Glory of The Lord, I have enjoyed Freedom in Christ.

I have been accused of many things based on prejudice others have/had of me.  Again, to being humbled.  When those accusations came when I was younger, I would be devastated. Many times they came from those I respected.  I would go off and get alone with The Father, Jesus, The Spirit, and me.  Many times I would just listen, to the Words spoken to me from God.  I heard, "It's Me not you they are upset with," things like that.  It was in those times that I truly learned to Love, the act of being humbled.  When I had acted with pride, His Love humbled; corrected me.  When others were jealous, I sought humility.  Not because I was so "great," but because it was there in the humble heart, The Spirit could reach them where I could not.

Make no mistakes I am so far from where I think I should be.  Yet, it is because I am Loved as I am now not as I think I should be, that fills my heart with Joy, Gladness, and Hope.  Jesus You died for me when I was at my worst.  Father You and Jesus knew before time, what I would do, and still you called my name.  So of course, I know it is Not me but, The Lord in me.  That He would do that for me, include me based on His Choice not my actions. Well, as we all know, in that understanding, FREEDOM LIVES AND THRIVES.  We are not all that different Brother.  You are able to see me through eyes of His Love, as I am able to see you through the same eyes.

Lord Bless you and yours Roy

Love ya Chris     

Great post Roy,

"We can be sure of this: God is going to work on those He loves. He is not going to leave them where they are - unchallenged and dormant. He is going to take them to higher heights with Him. He does not ask us for our permission since He now owns us having purchased us."

I know that I am not going to be perfect until I am with Christ. When I get there I will be perfect.....made perfect by Christ, to fit in His Kingdom.

One thing I do try very had at. I love everyone. I get all the worldly imperfections but I strive for one thing that God commands....loving all people. My family, friends and enemies. That I strive for. Do I accomplish it? Yes..... through the Grace of God. I looked at Joe's list, and realized that most of the items he posted, I can't attest to, but love....that is a different story. I work at that. I strive to forgive others for what they do to harm me. Sometime it is extremely difficult, but I work at it, pray for it, and....guess what? That love comes to me. Liking people? Not so much, either. But love and then forgiveness....or forgiveness and then love.....God's Grace takes care of that.

Last night, our #1 positioned high school football team, played a team that were ranked lowest on the list of teams. Yes, we beat them. I found myself praying that they would score at least one touchdown. They ended up scoring 2. I mourned the fact that none of their parents were at that game. It sorrowed me to see that none of their friends and family had given over a night to their own's game, regardless where they stood in the ranks. 

Does anyone sorrow for their *enemies*? This team, in other years, have been on top. Maybe the reason they rank so low is the lack of love and pride in them from their own family and friends.

I don't allow that *green-eyed monster* to pester me either, not for a second. I don't envy anything that others have. That *monster* doesn't hurt the other guy at all, but *he* is extremely damaging to us.

I strive to please God and I accomplish it. How do I know? Because, He smiles on me and my shortcomings, shakes His head, and tells Holy Spirit that I need more work.

Blessings.....

Rita

Rita

CONGRATULATIONS on your teams victory.  In all the things we need to work at, Loving others is at the top of any list.  For we all know it can be the most difficult to do.  We know it is only through Jesus that we have the Victory in Love.  I Love this verse as it applies to all we want to do for Him.  For it is God who is producing in you both the desire and the ability to do what pleases Him. Phil 2:13  To rest in the Knowledge He gives us the desire and ability to follow his Will.  He only ask we yield and obey.  He enables us to do that as well.   I must agree that "green-eyed monster" is of No value to us, nor can it show love for others.  Thank you for sharing Sister

Love ya

Chris

Rita,

You are loved by those in this community and more importantly by Christ, perfect Love, that sacrificed Himself for all. 

Your faith and trust in Him alone clothes you with His righteousness and before The Father you are seen as perfect even with all our blemishes.

Move towards Him, abide in Him, and strive to stay there, with all your heart,mind,soul, with all of your strength.

Love,

Mitch

I am myself though I need to rid myself more & more of the "old" man. My desire is to reach perfectness in Christ. That's what I'll always strive for but know I'll never reach that level. Be perfect for He is perfect.

Tammy

You shared on both so I thought i would do the same.  I know I felt the same way about perfection as you and others have shared.  Yet, the more I pondered the idea of perfection, I began to look at it differently.  As I already shared, in and of ourselves perfection is a foolish and prideful thought.  Then as I looked over different verses and thought about it, we should strive to serve Him the best we are able to, as we are Created in Christ.  All things possible in Jesus.   but he has told me, “My grace is all you need, because my power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore, I will most happily boast about my weaknesses, so that the Messiah’s power may rest on me. 2Cor 12:9 Again and again we are taught the strength in humility. “He has filled the hungry with good things and the rich he has sent away empty handed.” Luke 1:53 these and the other ones I posted it begins to make sense, in Service to God, to strive for perfection is reasonable.   For it is God who is producing in you both the desire and the ability to do what pleases Him. Phil 2:13  Again since He gives us the desire and ability to do His Will.  {all these and others are on the first page sorry}  Thanks for sharing Sister.  Lord Bless

lol. I didn't realize I had even posted this. Man, I'm getting old

Has everyone noticed the difference between God and Satan in their handling of our errors? I see God forgiving and chastising to bring me to correctness and repentance. Satan applauds our sins and accuses us when he gets the opportunity. Satan likes to dig up old sins, sins that we have repented from. God has buried them in the sea of forgetfulness.

As you are regenerated through the Holy Spirit, make sure that you don't try to dig up something that God has forgiven and buried in the past. If you do dig it up, it will keep you from growing in Christ. Once it is forgiven, remember there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Your trip to perfection will be eased tremendously.

Blessings.....

Rita

Very good!

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service