All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

It's my thoughts that not as many Christians are truly saved as every one thinks there is. In fact even some that say there a Christian might not be. The facts is that every person on earth sins daily, and that would mean you would need to ask daily for Jesus to forgive your sins. Do you die to sin daily? This is one thing that true Christian persons do.
And your life is always changing if your a true Christian person. And how is God able to change your life daily? If you don't every day of your Christian life renew your mind in his word? So yet one more thing we are told as Christian people to do.
Now there is people out there that say once saved always saved. But backside daily. What may I ask does the son of God say about them? He says anyone that put his hand to the pow and turns back is not fit to enter the kingdom of God. So how many backsliders is there that think there going to heaven.
The Bible tells us to be perfect as God in heaven is perfect. Can people be perfect if Jesus is not asked into your heart daily? Remember it's only by grace that we are saved.
Don't think that God has not made a way for you, but think if your on the way he truly made for you.

Views: 1032

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eric, 

Did you understand  that I was saying there is a second chance at salvation after death?... Just to clarify that is not what I was saying.  I was simply saying that when Jesus died, and He descended into Hades, He went to speak to the OT people to let them know the time had come for salvation.  This pertains to the OT people only for that time, as they had been waiting for the Messiah's appearance, HE went to them to let them know the time had come.

Imagine that...  Imagine how they must have been elated beyond words to realize the time had come.  JOY JOY JOY.

Eric,

My understanding of what Christ did between His death and resurrection is exactly what He told the thief on the cross in Luke 23:43 and aligns with the explanation given in the following paragraph:

"Sheol/hades is a realm with two divisions (Matthew 11:23, 16:18; Luke 10:15, 16:23; Acts 2:27-31), the abodes of the saved and the lost. The abode of the saved was called “paradise” and “Abraham's bosom.” The abodes of the saved and the lost are separated by a “great chasm” (Luke 16:26). When Jesus ascended to heaven, He took the occupants of paradise (believers) with Him (Ephesians 4:8-10). The lost side of sheol/hades has remained unchanged. All unbelieving dead go there awaiting their final judgment in the future.

Read more here: http://www.gotquestions.org/did-Jesus-go-to-hell.html

In regards to babies being saved, here is a scripture which shows us a glimpse of God's goodness...  I'm posting it here because it does give us hope for what may happen to babies... we don't want to think they will be in hell.

In this case, David was confident he would see his child again. 

2 Samuel 12

19 But when David saw that his servants were whispering together, David understood that the child was dead. And David said to his servants, “Is the child dead?” They said, “He is dead.” 20 Then David arose from the earth nand washed and anointed himself and changed his clothes. And he went into the house of the Lord oand worshiped. He then went to his own house. And when he asked, they set food before him, and he ate. 21 Then his servants said to him, “What is this thing that you have done? You fasted and wept for the child while he was alive; but when the child died, you arose and ate food.” 22 He said, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept, for I said, p‘Who knows whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?’ 23 But now he is dead. Why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, qbut he will not return to me.” 

I believe we are all pretty confident, and can agree as to where David (the man after God's own heart) would be going when he died...  But, we can't build a doctrine around it.  Trust in God.

Blessings, Carla

Greetings Brother Marshall,

In regards to your original question of  true "heart-caring Christians", here are some Scriptures from the N.A.S.B. to back you up =

Matthew 7:13-14," Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide, and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter by it. (14) For the gate is small, and the way is narrow that leads to life, and few are those who find it".

Matthew 7:21, " Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven." 

In Numbers, Chapter 14, only two of the twelve tribes ( Ephraim & Judah) were willing to obey God, through faith, and cross over the Jordan River into the promised land. That's a little over 16% true blue souls.

About a year ago, The Barna Group, a Christian Church tracking concern, did a national study of U.S. churches. They surveyed how members attended services, Bible studies, prayed during the week, their giving........and lived their faith.

They came up with a figure...........18%.

Finally, in the Book of First Kings, Chapter 19, verse 18, God talks about a remnant of 7000 people who had remained faithful to Him, out of the whole nation of Israel. I don't know what the total population at that time was, but that had to be a small number. 

Now, about the age of reason. Carla gave one of the best references of little ones going to Heaven.......... David's baby.

Also, Deuteronomy 1:39........God is telling the unfaithful ten tribes who disobeyed about crossing over to the promised land - "Moreover, your little ones who you said would become a prey, and your sons, who this day have no knowledge of good or evil, shall enter there, and I will give it to them, and they shall possess it."

Grace and Peace to all.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service