All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Ok, if a person has a certain sin that is caused by circumstances. What if the situations/circumstances can't really be taken out of the way?

And, what does a person do if that sin is comitted and it'll lead to another sin?

Please pray God helps me stop...I'm so ashamed.

Views: 518

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Feetbreeze, 

It sounds like you may be feeling condemnation. 
Condemnation comes to us when we have broken God's law, and we are separated from Him.  But as a born again believer, there is no condemnation in you, Jesus has cleansed you by His blood.  You are clean, you are accepted, you are loved, you are forgiven, and there is no condemnation in Christ.  since you are in Christ, there is no condemnation in you.

Since you have accepted God's free gift of salvation thru thru what Christ has done, you are not under condemnation. 

If you are continuing in a particular sin that the Holy Spirit has convicted you to stop, than you must be obedient and stop before you grieve the Holy Spirit.  Be obedient, repent, ask for God's help.  It may take some time for the results to manifest.  Keep submitting and being obedient.  God will complete the good work which He has begun in you. 

John 3

16 “For  God so loved  the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not  perish but have eternal life. 17 For  God did not send his Son into the world  to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not  believed in the name of the only Son of God.

You are not condemned, you are forgiven and restored because you trust in Jesus.  You believe that Jesus suffered, died, was risen, and ascended to heaven..He did this for your sins and the sins of the whole world. 

Salvation is a free gift.  Since you have accepted that gift, you are no longer condemned.

You are saved by grace thru faith.

God's Grace is not a license to sin.  You are a new creation..  The old has gone and the new has come.  When Jesus cleanses us He says "now go and sin no more."

As a new believer, and child of God, it is now your responsibility to learn to live OUT what God has put IN.  It doesn't happen quickly overnight, it's a life long process. 

You say that your situation/circumstances can't be taken out of the way....  God's power working in you will help you to overcome.  This is an important discipline and training that we all have to go through at some point.

In Christ, you are an overcomer.

Hi Carla.

Grieve the Holy Spirit? Oh no...how can I know if I have? I'm terified now...

Repent? I'd love to sister! There's certain reason/s why this sin happens frequently. I want it out of the way. I'd love to never commit this sin again...why does it even have to happen? I commit it many times a day...Wow, what Jesus had to go through! If I didn't have this problem than...He took all this sin. He suffered...ugh, I'm so frustrated and heartbroken and confused...

God's power will overcome? I don't want to doubt Him...Oh, sister how I'd love to see Jesus right now. To see Him and tell Him face to face everything...That He would help me with this sin. I could hold on to Him and if the sin...if the outcome would worsen atleast I'd have Him to hold me.

I feel like crying. I'm not even sure if I'm saved anymore...I don't want to believe salvation by works. I seen something and now "You're not good enough to go to heaven." has come up to mind...

I don't want to get the person in trouble. I just seen something and now I'm questioning if I'm even saved. 

You could say Satan kicked me while I was down. Jesus was helping me but now I'm in even a worse position than before ever since I started doubting my salvation...

Feet,

One of satan's favourite lies to us is  "You're not good enough to go to heaven."   he says it because without Jesus that's true..  but he's twisted it.  satan is a liar..  he will always take a truth and twist it to suit his own purposes, in this case, he uses this lie to discourage God's children...those who are born again.

when satan whispers this lie to you....you need to know how to respond, and really believe and rest in the truth.  I always respond in this way... "that's true on my own I am not good enough to go to heaven...but I am trusting in my Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus, Messiah, Saviour of the World to safely carry me home, therefore, because of His righteousness, I am good enough.  Jesus has saved me, and He has already brought me into His Kingdom."

You have Jesus's Righteousness.  Because of Jesus's righteousness you are good enough.  Jesus has washed you clean.  Jesus is your advocate, He is the High Priest speaking for you on your behalf.  when satan accuses us (the believers)..  Jesus responds..  I've cleansed her/him by My blood.  Because they trust in Me, they are now wearing my righteousness and this is now my child.  You are washed in the blood of Jesus, wearing His cloak of righeousness.  He has washed you white as snow.  Your sins have been cast as far as the east is from the west.  Our sins linger in the physical realm because we are still living here on earth.  The battle rages on, and it occurs primarily in our minds...That's why knowing God's word, and wearing God's armor is so important.  When Jesus was tempted by satan, He always fought back with God's Word.  Jesus models that for us so that we too will become solid and firm in God's Word....so that nothing can shake you.  satan will try...but when you are equipt with God's Word to fight back, he flees.  That's what scripture means when it says 'resist the enemy and he will flee'.  You resist satan by standing firm in God's Word.  You cannot win any other way.  You are victorious in Christ.

Heavenly Father,

I Praise You and Thank you for Your faithfulness in our lives.  Thank you Lord that You are our advocate, and our hope.  I lift up Feetbrreze to You.  Please strengthen this child of Yours Lord.  Use this time to strengthen the faith of Feetbreeze, and to teach this child of your faithfulness and Your strength to uphold and strengthen in the face of difficulties and discouragements.  Lord, please place people in Feetbreeze's life to help strengthen, and encourage this young believers life in You.  Teach Feetbreeze the importance of learning to stand and fight in this Spiritual Battle.  Remind Feetbreeze that this battle is Your battle, and the Victory also belongs to You.  Lord, we are standing behind Youand In You...protected by You, as You fight this on our behalf.  We trust You, We Love you, we need You.  You are our King.  Thank you that You already lead us, and guide us.  We look to You as always Lord. We pray this in Jesus name.  Amen.

Sister, Carla,what about the blog I read? The person said God showed him/someone else or whatever things...That's why I was discouraged. It didnt sound like the grace I've heard about...it sounded like it was based on works. Oh, sister I feel like crying! If only I could see Jesus face to face...I want to cry on His shoulder so much. I know it's not by works. I'm so confused right now...

I really belong to Jesus...

It feels like tears want to come out of my eyes...I'm downcasted in heart, mind and spirit.

Feet,

You sound like David and many other psalmists in the Old Testament.  Read and pray through those psalms.. you'll see a pattern of crying out to God..  something like "God where are You?  why are you so far from me?  then the psalmists goes on to Praise God, because in their crying out to Him, they do see Him.  Remember God is Spirit.  They 'see' Him Spiritually.  They know His Love, and His Salvation.  They know He has been leading them all the time and will not ever leave or forsake them.  They only come to this knowledge after they have cried out with a heart that longs for His comfort and peace which surpasses all understanding.  continue to cry out. 

You are saved by Grace...  The love you have for the Lord because of your thankfulness for being saved will lead to works...but works don't save you, they are evidence of your salvation.

Bless you..  Carla

Thanks sister. God used you to remind me of Epsh. 2:8-9 Ok, so I'm saved only by Jesus. Praise God! I didn't listen to the Holy Spirit when He told me how I'm saved or whatever...thank God for His grace!

Ok, now that that's settled. I need to know something about my certain sin. What do I do? I've tried resisting the sin in the past and I still commit the sin...

Bless you. Feetbreeze

the Word says that we aren't tempted beyond what we can bear, but that with the temptation there will be provided a way out. Just look for the way out that has been provided- ask God to show you the way out. Sometimes the way out might be as simple as praising Him rather than focussing on the temptation. 

Jenny, would it be ok if I told you the sin in a private message? I really don't want others to know...

I know a way this could be probably settled but it's still risking commiting the sin atleast once more.

The way out may be as simple as praying for the strength to stop, and then following thru with obedience...  not satisfying the flesh, but denying the flesh, dying to self and living for God.  That's obedience.  It's a choice.

Sister, Carla there's another factor contributing to this sin...

1.event happens (which I'm really reluctent to put on here what the event is) The word event is used for less of a better term.

2.event causes the fearful problem to enter into my head

3.I think about it and than sin

Sister, it's like a trigger reaction. Once I hear about it it's pretty much automatic sin.

Great answer, Carla.

Feet...

As long as you are trying to do as God wills, He will be patient with you. You have taken the first steps. You recognize that you have an area that needs a lot of work. You have asked for help. As long as you strive to change, the Holy Spirit will assist you to accomplish this change. The victory will be yours through Christ Jesus.

Blessings.....

Rita, sister. I want to change...

I need Jesus to get me out...it's just too difficult. It's something I've had problem/s with since before He saved me...yes I know I said on the comment to Carla I wasn't sure...I'm just so confused right now...

Blessings in Christ,

feetbreeze

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service