All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Dear brothers, sisters and friends,

please would you share your thoughts/beliefs regarding this question?

Views: 1083

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it would be referred to as Blood, that's why it is the Blood of Christ (without sin) that cleanses the believer. It appears that children up to the age of accountability would be exempt.

I think that it's more important to focus on right living - turning to right standing with God and away from selfish desires. To me sin is selfishness, it is based on the fear of not getting what I want, losing what I have, or getting what I don't want.

Christ says be afraid of him that make you go boom.

Right living is important when it is put into the proper place in our lives. Right living follows the work of God that transforms us spiritually, that which takes place that causes us to become children of God. This new birth, that which was dead is now alive. As living children of God we are now to be motivated by love for God to live for Him so that we may please Him. A person without faith cannot be a child of God and a person who is not a child of God and lacks faith cannot please Him (Heb. 11:6). Thus, we need to focus on Jesus and desire to surrender to Him day-by-day.

For the child of God there is no fear of Him that makes you go "boom" but an ever trust in Him to work in us as He pleases, including disciplining us as children when we stray.

Lord Bless,

LT

Hi Vincent,

just a consideration of God hardening the heart of pharoah:

Imagine some clay - and water was poured onto it - it would soften the clay; if it was then left out in really hot sunshine -  it would harden. Maybe it was the effect that God had on pharoahs heart? It was the reaction of the pharoahs heart towards God?

We still have the old nature though, which we are advised to put off and to put on Christ who is our armor both in and around us.

The old nature refers to the flesh (sarx) as used by Paul and Peter through out their writings. The flesh is awaiting the day it will be transformed. In the meantime we are to subdue the flesh. The key to this discussion is not the flesh, but the spirit of man. We are born into sin (Psa. 51:5). Not one person can claim to be sinless and not one action on our part could ever pay for one of those sins. It requires the blood of Jesus to redeem us and the power of God to transform us spiritually and eventually physically as well. When we come to Christ as outlined in Scripture we are transformed spiritually then. Their is a new life brought forth. That which was previously dead is now alive and alive unto God.

All of our actions that follow the new birth are not to be in light of being saved, but because we are saved. We no longer fear comdenation, but live to please our Father in heaven. The Bible uses the term salvation in three forms, past present and future. We are saved (Justified and regenerated), are beign saved (sanctification) and will be saved (glorification). Sanctification and glorification are impossible until we are justified and regenerated.

With that said, a person does not stand condemned because of Adam's sin, but by our own sin. The problem is that we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. There is none righteous apart from Christ and the hope (confidence) we have in Him.

Lord Bless,

LT 

Desmond

I have not read all the other responses so maybe this will repeat someone.  Are you thinking about "sins of the father" I am a dad w/ a past and  those before me were not like me but not whistle clean either.  With my kids I have prayed for much Grace over them, for the sins of their father.  And I walk knowing that those prayers are answered. To His Name be all the Praise.

Hi Christine + Aslan,

I understand how genetic factors inherited from parents can play a part in their children's lives, and I do not want to be insensitive, but in Ezekiel 18 God says that a father cannot be blamed for his sons sins and vice-versa - it is about choice out of free will. What are your views on that passage of scripture?

There appears to be some confusion... 'sin' is the nature that is passed down from original sin.

It used to be that the 'sins' of the father were passed down a number of generation, that's not what is happening, the way I see it. However, Something like alcoholism or substance abuse can be passed down biologically, physical and mental abuse can be passed down, 'teach a child when it is young the way to go'.

The attitudes of our parents or guardians as well as other significant people in our lives when we are young have an effect on the way we shape our own attitudes. These people have suffered various things so in a way it is similar to a genetic disease or a generational curse.

Only the Truth can set people free indeed.

Hi Chris,

Please have a read of Ezekiel 18 and let me know what you think concerning "sins of the father(s)" and indeed "sins of the son(s)". Thanks bro.

Desmond

That is a great chapter about how God wants us to live and not die.  I have always been thankful of Jesus.  That whole sins of the faither thing, never thought God held us to all that and you showed me the chapter that proves that.  Thank you so much my dear brother.  You have such a gentle way about you that I appeciate.  Love you brother

I agree, Mankind turned away from God at the beginning which put us on the road to destruction - God in HIs love and mercy offered us the way back to life everlasting.
there is also scripture to back up the strength of the spoken word. Therefore I believe it be more important to speak blessing.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service