All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Dear brothers, sisters and friends,

please would you share your thoughts/beliefs regarding this question?

Views: 1083

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Merci beaucoup Amanda,

please have a read of Ezekiel 18:1-20 as I suggested to Lucy - you have summarized it very well ..... and added a touch of science! It's brilliant!

Stay put on AAG! - maybe you'll learn a bit of French as well!

You are an important member of the body of Christ.

Desmond

Yes , my father is a diagnosed schizophrenic and my children's father is diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, ( they say we often go for men who remind us of our fathers don't they :-\)) (if we are not led by the Lord) so when the 'psychologists' were wondering why my daughter was doing the things she did, they put huge emphasis on this fact, that she is more predisposed for this.

The Bible speaks of *curses to the 3-4th generation.

However, we are Christians and I believe as a Christian, the generation curse will not apply because we would strive against it (generational curse.)

A nonbeliever might not know how to strive against this curse....ex abuse, alcoholism, smoking....therefore needs to have outside help with it.

In a family with 4 children...smoking, alcoholic father...abstaining mother. Two follow the father's habits, while 2 follow the mother's habits. Is it genetic or is the child trying to gain approval of the father?

Hi Rita, thanks for contributing,

I believe the curses to the 3rd and 4th generations have elapsed - it was a specific promise for a specific period just like when God remained silent for 400 hundred years - He had a specific reason and a specific time frame.

If God wished to enforce a generational curse on us at any time - we could not prevent it but merely live with it, as Christians.

Please have a read of Ezekiel 18:1-20 to find out whether one is free to choose their way of life and then have a read of Jeremiah 6:16-30. Hope these scriptures prove to be of assistance (*_*)

In Him,

Desmond

One of the most beautiful things I have learned is the art of being thankful. I remember my 1st true sense of joy' coming at a time when everything seemed it's darkest. I wanted to pray but of course my prayers at the time were nothing more than shopping lists. I needed everthing.  Even I was bored with it. Didn't know what to pray when for no apparent reason I began to thank the Father. For what seemed like an eternity that is all I could do was thank Him. Befor I knew what was happening I found myself unfolding from a crumpled up little ball of waste and stretching out tall reching to The Fathers open arms. Joy fille every pore of what once was a waste land.  Sometime I may share my situation at the time I could find nothing to be humanly thankful for.

Praise The Lord.

He is sufficient. 

Oh just as a P>S>  my situation at the time wasn't really anything new. My father went through it  and oh my mother the one I hadn't seen for 14 yrs. went through it.   Unfortunately  they didn't seem to find the answer. Oh pray for my mom she is still alive and seems to be hearing pieces.
Well I think it is genetic, and highly contagious. When the first Adam fell or sinned, we all inherited this rebellion against God. The fall of Adam brought a curse upon the earth. Every living creature was under this curse. God created earth and gave it to Adam to manage it. Man was the boss of the entire creation. Adam was warned by God, but he chose to disobey God hence we were all dead in sin, spiritually separated from God. The last Adam came because of his endless love on us. He mercies are forever, goodness is forever and his kindness is forever. God chose to reverse the curse through his son the Lord Jesus Christ. Everyone who is born of Christ is not under this curse but blessed. At the cross he took up our curses, and gave us blessings. Brother this my contribution.

And I believe a very wise contribution. Christianity 101 

Thankyou

Praise The Lord

Hi David, thanks for sharing brother.

I'm not sure about inheriting a rebellion? 

Every sigle human that has ever lived and will ever live before redemption is born sinful and into sin. Children do not need to be taught to sin is in men's fallen nature to sin. We are totally depraved, meaning every area of the human make up is effected by sin. We can consequently say that sin is genetic since every aspect of humanity has been effected.
Hi David, it sounds as if you are saying that humankind is already condemned at birth because sin is passed down through genes?

Hello bro BT,

Human kind my brother is condemned at birth. We are born in sin and into sin. My post was not meant to go into the biological implications of our fallen nature beyond the fact that every aspect of our human makeup has been corrupted by sin. That is not to say that sin is passed through genes, though there are some interesting studies showing how we are predisposed to certain behaviors due to our genetic heritage.

No I am not saying there is a "sin gene." I am not a doctor and to my knowledge, such a thing has not been proven to be so as of today.

A human being is more than the biological plasma (cells etc) that makes us a living organism. We know that the real person is living inside this (body) tent of ours' and there is where the problem lies. The spirit man is fallen.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service