All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Dear brothers, sisters and friends,

please would you share your thoughts/beliefs regarding this question?

Views: 1083

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Desmond, I was just wondering if I was missing something, Yes, I get what genetic is...but I couldn't see anywhere in Ezekiel 18:1-20 that you quoted to do with genetic factors.

I read the following into these verses...v5-9 a righteous man will live, v10-13 a violent son(though the father is not) will die. v14-17 A son who witnesses his father do terrible things need not copy. v17-18 No child will die for the fathers sins.

v19 ...Why does the son not share in the guilt of the father

and v1-4 seems to be saying no longer will we blame the father for the sins of the child.

Thanks for this opportunity to study the Word Desmond, I love Bible study :D

p.s  Jeremiah 31:27-34 How beautiful are v33 and 34.

From the least to the greatest....written on our hearts...we will know Him.

Nope, only the sins we ourselves commit in thought, word, or action are held against us.

Original sin caused mankind as a whole to be infected with sin nature - I look at it as similar to a computer virus - Christ is the anti-virus.

Hope I'm not over-simplifying.

It is my understanding that sin is carried down the male line since it was Eve who was deceived, but Adam knew what he was doing. This is one reason Jesus was born of a Virgin.

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. I personally do not believe that sin is genetic. It is an interesting point about sin being carried down the male line especially considering that Jesus did not have an earthly biological father. But supposing sin is carried only down the male line, what are we to make of the genetic make-up/lineage of females - is it devoid of sin? The Bible teaches that all have sinned except Jesus (1Peter 2:22 eg) ie Jesus is the ONLY person who did not sin; so "all" must include all males and females alike at all times (?)..... which raises concerns about Jesus' biological mother (and her ancestry).

thank you guys, God Bless..

Hi Dean and thanks for sharing. Just as a matter of interest, what do you mean when you say that we are born into sin?

Born into sin  I believe from birth we have a choice  I do not believe God created sinners. In that choice we learn from the environment around As children I do believe there is an innocense recognized by the Lord.

I work with 600+ children everyday and yes I have wondered what is wrong sometimes . Then I have to take a step back and realize who it is that has taught them . As I say God did not create a sinner man made that choice.

I agree Dean - I do not believe that sin is inherited - Ezekiel 18 teaches that is is about choice. I do however believe that children up to a certain age are innocent which is what I understand Matthew 18:3 is an example of.

Thanks for sharing brother (*_*)

God did not create sinners, sin did. Original sin sold the human race into slavery to sin and the broad highway to destructions.

God, in HIs love, sent Christ to buy them back, to pardon.

Whether one accepts the pardon or not is completely up to them.

Not sure what you mean by "God did not create sinners, sin did.", Vincent?

God created man and woman and as you say - without sin, so when would you say that sin created human beings?

Can I also ask what is your definition of original sin?

Original Sin was first Eve doubting God's word and then eating the fruit as the serpent enticed her to though it was forbidden because both the fruit and the chance to be like God appealed to her.

God created humans without sin, but he did give them free choice. But on second thought, I just had a flash... Lucifer rebelled (sinned) first by enticing Eve in the first place - could it be that this is what got him booted out?

I think God allows sin so we can see for ourselves that HIs way is the Best, I'm glad I didn't have to wait too long and commit all of them to find out!

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service