All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

If you believe you can lose your salvation, please take time to illustrate how a person can lose their salvation by making it applicable to the believer today.

If you believe you can lose your salvation, please take time to illustrate how a person can lose their salvation by making it applicable to the believer today. Is it by sin, works, faith or lack of faith? Can you walk away or fall way? Where is the line in the sand that if you cross it you are done? Don’t just drop a verse, apply that verse to the disciple today. But, before you do that I would like you to share how a person is saved and what it means to be saved in order that we may understand what you believe a person is losing to begin with. If you choose to join in on this discussion know that I will be challenging what you believe (I am sure others will as well), but this is your chance to prove your position, and maybe dislike me a little more :-)

Lord Bless,
LT

Views: 681

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sin IS still sin, but a Christian is a Child of the Promise.  There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. What is important is that you change you soul to agree with your spirit.

Blessings,

Rita

For me, my soul is my mind. To grow spiritually, I think that we need to allow our spirit to teach our soul in the right way. For example, when we err, the Holy Spirit corrects us, but making us know we have erred. I say something ugly to you that you do not deserve. The Holy Spirit corrects me. The next time I speak to you, I recall how the Holy Spirit corrected me.

I really think that if we call God's Words to mind when we start to do something that He would not like, and go another route, we are actually teaching our soul to not speak harmfully to another.

I might have to make a telephone call to someone I am unhappy with. If I consciously remember to speak kindly to them, even though I am mad, when I actually talk to them, I have tempered my tongue and I realize that the situation is working out because of my tempering what I really wanted to say.

In turn they speak kinder to me and we can work things out. The point is to teach our soul to do God's Will and way, instead of what we might have wanted to say in the first place.

Blessings,

Rita

There some doctrines out there that preaches that you could back sliding Christian or you lose your salvation. I use to believe that myself, but I got curious and research the word of God and ask a lot of questions myself.  I came across those scriptures that some people may interpret as you can loose your salvation, but those scriptures are a stretch.

The scriptures that back up and confirm the Eternal Security or Once saved always saved: John 3:15-18, John 10:28-30, Roman 8:38-39, Ephesian 4:30, and Jude 24

It's been two weeks since you started this thread and i still can come up with a way a born again child of God can lose their standing in Christ. Sorry bro - can't help you here hahaha

David,

Brother, sometimes you are too funny. I trust you have not been kept awake at night trying to find one :-)

Lord Bless,
LT

LT -

You wonder why i have not been around, well i hate not having answers and when you start asking things i can't respond to it keeps me up at night and then i got to sleep in the day time hahahaha hahaha I am loving the Church bro, tell you about later.

Bev - You know is "CAN'T "- Thanks!

Freaking you at is what i aim for hahaha so is all good in the hood. hahaha
it's okay Bev..  i was wondering the same thing..  but was too confused to ask! :-)

David,

I have been accused of many things in my life, always innocent of course :-) But, this is the first time I have been accused of giving somebody insomnia ... LOL

Would you guys get a job hahaha ahaha

Love you all.

I thought same thing you did and it took me over an year of research to realize that Jesus died for our sins for the Past, present and future.  The scriptures backs it up, that is were the truth is at.  There is no where in the Bible that talks about Back sliden Christians.  Because of Jesus, we are blood bought.
Amen Robert.

In the Old Testament it describes the sin and the  particular remedy for the sin. In the New Testament it describes one remedy for all sin.

You mentioned Judas. Judas was the son of perdition, not because of his suicide, but because he didn't follow Christ.

You mentioned Saul. If Saul went to hell, it was because he didn't follow Christ (God).

You mentioned Samson. He used his gift unwisely in many cases, as well as for good. He gave his life destroying the Philistines, who were enemies of God.

The Bible says there is no greater love than the man who gives up his life for a friend. In Samson's case, he gave up his life for the purpose of God. 

I see no where in the Bible where it says a person goes to hell for suicide. I do see over and over where a person goes to hell for not believing in Christ, not following God.

Blessings, Rita

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service