All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I'm starting this discussion to find out how others have dealt with unforgiveness. How you overcame it, what was the result of it and so forth. 

I'm currently struggling with unforgiveness. I know without a doubt that forgiving frees me. Forgiving them allows God to start working on my behalf. He said vengeance is His. Sometimes I would say it, I forgive him but then bitter memory will come to me and I would be angered all over again.

I'm back to my fasting lifestyle. But more than ever. I have a new hunger for the Lord. I am so determined to know His will for my life. I'm back to the beginning of when I first said yes, the lonely walk when diligently seeking the Lord. 

Sometimes I wake up and don't know who I am. Yes, I also lost my identity in Christ. 

So I'm not only dealing with unforgiveness and anger but to restore my identity, my power, my authority, my confidence, and my self-esteem. 

I was broken before the Lord, the sadness was released. I have since been led to a book on Totally Forgiving yourself which has been a tremendous blessing. And I try to apply it to my life.  Sermons at my church, testimonies from young ladies at my church who've been through a similar trial, being ministered to. It's like God is planting all these tools in my way to help me. He sees what I'm struggling with and I asked him to search my heart and see that I want to be free from it all. He's a faithful God and He is not a man that He should Lie. 

I KNOW this process is taking me to my next. My next season I can't walk into it with unforgiveness and rage.

What I KNOW overcomes what I FEEL.  What I know is imprinted in my spirit. What my eyes can't see, I still believe. 

How have you dealt with it, how did you overcome it?

Views: 234

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Will do! I will check it out.  And thank you for checking on me! Much appreciated! 

You're Welcome Stacey.  Be Blessed.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service