All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I hear and see this statement all the time; at the end of emails, on signs, in coversation. My question is, why SHOULD He? Not can or will or does or want to; but why should He bless America? Better yet, why should we expect Him to?

Views: 676

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Along with alot of Americans, I am praying that the Lord will have mercy on this Nation that we claim is His-one nation under God.....it was...once.....founded by His children, and on His principles, from His Book....

Like Abraham did when God was going to destroy Sodom, which He did, but at least He allowed Abraham's loved ones time to get out, and only because Abraham intervened & talked with the Lord....

Maybe that can be our model of prayer for the USA.....ask God to have mercy on us all, for the sake of any righteous that he may find in the USA, may God have mercy and spare us.......because of His goodness, and mercy and His compassion that he would spare the righteous within this nation, and make it His nation once more...

I pray we have not woken up too late......

I posed this question at our Bible study last night. A lot of the conversation mirrored this conversation.

One member said,"God creates countries and governments for His purpose and when He is done with them they are done". I thought this was an interesting look at the question.

Someone else pointed out, as some have already said, we have already been blessed. We are still a great nation with many citizens who give generously to the less fortunate. To ask for blessings is appropriate.

After our discussion we continued our study in the book of revelations.

It was a fun discussion and fit in with our study. Thanks for letting me pose it at church.

Have a wonderful Friday and a Blessed weekend.

Gary.

I believe America needs to be judged....NOW, and does *not* deserve "blessing*!!  America has become TOO wicked, and I *know* it won't change due to maybe 5% or less of christians repenting of their sins (which is not many people at all compared to the population).

I love America perhaps more than most Americans, but I see too much wrong with it, and I believe it will take heavy judgement before more than just a small percentage of Christians start repenting.

Revival is possible as all things are possible with God, but we also know that as the end times come closer the US will decrease as the US is not a key player in end times prophecy, if existent at all..

We should long for and pray for revival and at the same time be praying "Come, Lord Jesus, Come."

How can we do both? We simply do not know God's timing, thus we are praying for the church, the bride of Christ, to be effective while the door of opportubity is open. One day it will close, but until that day we are to be ambassadors on mission.

Lord BLess,

LT

Actually, I do not know what exactly will happen to the US. At some point it will need to cease to be a power or at least an independent power. There is no reason to believe that we will be standing with Israel when the end begins to unfold as we do not see freinds rushing to their aid.

My guess, and is only an opinion, is that we will blend in with the rest of the world at some point. There are signs already showing that to be taking place IMO.

Lord Bless,

LT

I agree LT. My guess is we will be part of, or member of, a one world Government.

In the olden days it was "Manifest Destiny" but now America is very much entangled in the affairs of the world's nations and in many ways, including economically and militantly and it is globally (mostly out of obligation and debt). American culture has spread throughout the world but not to the extent that most Americans believe. Actually, less than 50% of our American culture has had a positive impact on the rest of the world--meaning the world is really not that accepting of Americans and their ways of life--movies and popular culture. There are many countries that do not want to accept our cultural dominance. It means we are not a threat to foreign cultures and it means we are the ones instead who are blending in with other cultures (not only in the world but even here in the states) because our postmodern thinking is that we are to accept only subjective truth, not absolute truth, and the way people perceive the world is subjective. Therefore, we must not offend anyone and therefore all beliefs are accepted and the aim is to please people who can worship whomever they want because it's more important to please people than to please God--after all, aren't there many roads and don't all religions lead to the one True God anyway?--and so forth.  

America would love to dominate the world and its leaders take pride in their influence which they perceive that they have over the world. America will never rule the world IMO. We have already blended too much into the world. We are a light slowly fading.

Hope that does not offend anyone. I have enjoyed living in America and have appreciated all the wonderful blessings God has bestowed upon her.

But America is very worldly IMO. But within her walls are a people whom God has chosen and He has separated them from the world. They are part of His Bride.

Romans 9:15 (NKJV) For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion."

I think God wil evaluate us on two points. The position of the government will affect God's dealing with the nation, yet the individual will find God's blessing apart from the government to a point even while they live within a government that has turned away from God.

Exactly what we will be in the end times I do not know. When will the blessing cease and simply the work of God be carried out, again I do not know.

Lord BLess,

LT

LT

I realize that this discussion may be past this but I was wanting youu opinion on something I heard concerning the US role in end times.

I was in a study once where the teacher was  teaching from Eze. 38 + 39.

When he was going through the nations in  Eze. 38 : 13  he mentioned that 

" Tarshish was what is now known as England or Great Britain.   Therefore , he concluded that the US may possibly be included in the statement in eze. 38;13

where it speaks of  " .... Tarshish, with ALL THE YOUNG LIONS   ( capitals mine )'.

Since we were , in essence , an offspring of Endland. "

I don't know if you are still following this forum or not , but I would be curious as to  your opinion . The teacher based his assessment off of something in the writings of Josephus.  I've some of Josephus but he wrote way too much for me to try to find anything in his works

Anyhow , God bless

Sorry Bev I am speechless. Mary Doris

America definitely doesn't bless God. It would be awesome if this country got back to its Christian roots. I'm thinking about starting a campaign for merchants and stores and government agenicies to start using the term Merry Christmas and not happy holidays. Why take Christ out of Christmas. 

" GOD  BLESS AMERICA..."  a very familiar phrase.

Since when this phrase began?

Since when God is blessing america and americans? 

A promise to His children, who are walking in His ways.

America is blessed in all aspects but why this is happening to America?

America is suposed to be a channel of blessings! But what is happening to that channel?

American is the nunmber 1 mission and ministry supporters way back then, but now???

America's national anthem with Godly inspiration, but who is the model of new world order? Immorality? New age belief? Selfishness? Divorce? Abortions? etc... forgive me on this brethren.

Maybe it is time to say " THANKS GOD FOR BLESSING AMERICA..."

" BLESSING SHOULD BE SHARE AS A WAY OF THANKFULNESS TO KEEP IT FLOWING..."   just IMHO

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service