All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I love me some Christians. Let me say that before I start. I was sharing with someone how I had puked everything up that I had ever eaten since I was 2 & my head was killing me. Their response: God is in control. DUH. I know that but that doesn't make me feel any better. Then they said: Don't worry everything will be OK. I say I'm not worried I'M SICK. Again: You will be well OK. ME: I know I'll be OK but that does not help right now. Then: I am praying that you can get better. I said yea, whatever. I know I sound hateful but that drives me up the wall. It's like telling someone in mourning they're in a better place. Really? How does that help my heart right now. I say I'm sick please don't say God is over all, yadda yadda. I already know that. Say you're sorry or something. Actually, I'm not looking for u to say anything. I'm really just sharing. I'm not looking for a miracle because life is life. We gonna have sicknesses & trials. It is what it is. Do you feel the same as me or are you on the other end of the spectrum? Am I just ill right now? lol

Views: 1915

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess I totally misunderstood LT's reply. It makes me happy that you are so rooted and grounded in the faith and are a strong and beautiful person in Christ. Many blessings to you and yours.

I don't think the devastation is because of lack of hope. The devastation is because the loss & reality of knowing we'll never see them again until Christ returns. Unlike you, I'm not ready to sign my children, husband's & my own death certificate. (Well, I wouldn't be signing my own anyways). 

I also was thinking about this earlier. You may handle these situations in the manner in which you described earlier & that's all well & good. But I ask you as a sister who has had many deaths, close deaths, in her life, be more choosy with the words you share. Pray first & if those words are what He would have u say, then go at it. Personally, He's never told me to handle it that way. And, because I handle it differently then you doesn't mean mine is right & yours is wrong or vise versa. That isn't a sign of maturity only a sign of differences in how we handle situations. 

Amanda -

Just a couple of things here. I don't believe that mourning is a sin. I have never even hinted to that. You can't find anything in this discussion to point to that in my messages.

Mourning is a natural response. However our responses, reactions etc... Are modified in Christ. Billions can attest to that truth. You yourself can attest to it.

I have never said that Christ doesn't want us to experience grief, what I have been trying to get across is the "HOW" we experience anything by Being IN Christ is drastically or at least, it can be drastically different than our previous responses.

Our responses now can be mature responses in Christ. So how does that look practically? Mature responses that is? Does it mean we do not cry? Does it mean it does not take us 2 years to get beyond the pain? What does it mean? It means, what the word says it means.

Trials and Temptations

2Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,a whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

Let's be careful not to exult the benefits of mourning above, the strength God gives us to mourn in a way that brings Him glory.

I thought I responded to this reply. I believe we all long to bring glory to God. I'd like to know the best way to grieve to honor God. Some people are of the type that do not demonstrate a lot of grief. This is what I understood LT to say. It doesn't rule out that others are of the type who do. I believe LT said we are all wired differently. If I have misunderstood his comment, then please, LT, clarify it for me. LT asked, could it be that both are right? Can you show love for people like me who have a deep depression and can I show love for people like you who can praise the Lord and quickly move on? In every comment in this discussion I have been trying to say that each individual response is OK as long as it isn't outright sin. David, I truly do not understand what you are trying to say. It seems like you are trying to say that those who don't respond as you respond are spiritually immature and are not glorifying God. I'm sorry and you or AAG can delete this response, too, but I am trying to understand what you are saying. Blessings ...

I could not have said it any better Amanda. David,  To say one is immature because we are not ready to sign our mother's birth certificate is a little whack to say the least or it is for me. I want to hold onto every single precious moment that the Lord has given me. He has given us this life, this gift. Why be in such a hurry to sign off all of the death certificates? 

Mich,

Sometimes it feels like I'm watching from the outside
Sometimes it feels like I'm breathing but am I alive
I will keep searching for answers that aren't here to find

All I know is I'm not home yet
This is not where I belong
Take this world and give me Jesus

So when the walls come falling down on me
And when I'm lost in the current of a raging sea
I have this blessed assurance holding me.

When the earth shakes I wanna be found in You
When the lights fade I wanna be found in You

[x2]

Where I belong, where I belong
Where I belong, where I belong

amen David

This has been one of my favorite songs since the group first recorded it, and they are one of my favorite groups. Their name comes from:

Ephesians 4:29

New International Version (NIV)

29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.

:)

We are one in Christ beloved Mich. Thank you for your kind words, you have encouraged me.

Greetings all,

I have not caught all of this discussion as this discussion popped up as I started moving to a new location and it appears to have been VERY ACTIVE :-) What I have read so far is that there is tension between how one grieves and how one demonstrates peace and assurance without much grief being demonstrated. I am the type that does not demonstrate a lot of grief. I lost my dad last month and God gives me the peace to officiate at his memorial service. I have done this for my mother, two brothers, and various other family members and friends. I love my family and the Lord. This is the peace the Lord has given me, but we will not all respond the same way as we are not all wired the same way. Some go through deep depression and some to a less degree of depression. Others simply praise the Lord and move forward. Who is right? Who is wrong? Could be that both are right since God wired each uniquely. This leads to another issue and that is when the two paths cross. Can both show love for the other while not fully understanding their position. Can they embrace them as brother or sister in the Lord? We are told that we are to encourage one another and the manner in which we do this is different depending on the person. Thus, there is not a one size fits all when it comes to handling this kind of situation or when attempting to encourage another, or be encouraged.

My last comment, you will find those who offer the "pat" answers often really do mean well. It is there best attempt to help. Maybe they should be quite or learn how the person they are talking to is wired before speaking, but most are not to that point in their walk to be able to do that.

Food for thought.

Lord Bless,

LT

Good word LT.

How come no one ever tells me "good word moppy"?

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service