All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Can Ariel Castro be convicted of murder by acts that led to the termination of pregnancy?

The kidnapping of the three girls in Cleveland, OH has many people's attention. I know many are praying that the now young ladies can recover from the horrendous experiences they shared over the last nine years. Now, additional information is surfacing about the pregnancies of at least one of the young ladies, Michelle, who is saying that she was impregnated five times and then starved and beaten to end the lives of those babies. Can Castro be convicted of murder for the termination of these lives? Apparently he can be - in Ohio anyway. That, of course, will lead to the question of pr0-lifers (of which I am one) that believe it is murder every time a baby's life is ended by what many just term an abortion. The word "abortion" for this procedure is an extremely lacking description. What do you think? Is Castro guilty of murder? 

Views: 1087

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen.

Notice though David what you said "God has no problem killing the wicked". You didn't say we're to give that judgement but God has no problem with it. We're not God - praise the good Lord.

Tammy -

God works his will through men and His will is found in his word, were we are told that the authorities set in place by God are given the sword. The sword in that context means to convey a weapon of death.

The civil authorities have the God given right to put to death the people deserving of death according to the law.

But is it man's place to carry that will out? Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. Romans 12:19.

Who are we to pronounce death. Isn't that a double standard?Actually babies are not innocent.. There is no one good, no not one.  Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me. Ps 51:5. I am not defending one view or the other because my beliefs have changed over the years on this view. I just feel we should always be willing to look at both sides especially Scriptural as Christians. Our opinion doesn't even need to be involved in something so serious as taking a life. It should be Scriptural. Or that's my belief as a Christian. Not all are Christians so they won't see it the same. God once exacted His judgement on many many people. Some seemed radical but who are we to question Him. But, with Christ crucified, that was placed on the cross. Just my belief. 

I know we are all born in sin.... but still there is a difference between the guilty on death roll than the unborn.  I am not for or against the death roll... there are too many people found guilty who are innocent. So this confuses me. BUT if someone was to hurt me or mine in such a way as this man is accused of... I would be first inline to say death be to this monster for I would believe my children.  I see on my fb wall people posting things like the abuse of animals and how it makes them sick and that the animal abuser should be shot. I then later see the same posters posting pro abortion. This too confuses me.

Janie,

I prefer they get life with the picture of my loved one on their wall & they had to wake up to it every single day.

Tammy,

There's another way of looking at this. What would please Jesus? 

Although many teach that Jesus just gave us some more commands to add on to the law of Moses, there is the New Covenant, and although Jesus kept the law for us and then died for us, Jesus did say 
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another" (John 13:34, NIV). What would please Jesus? It seems easy to answer at first, until you think again.

Because we are under the New Covenant, can we expect the justice system in the USA to run not by laws but by grace? We have to remember that Jesus is not in the hearts of the mass majority. Can we expect the ungodly to treat people or even to drive vehicles and to behave in a way that would please Jesus, without fear of retribution, or do we need laws? 

If laws are needed, then, if people are not born again, are they still under God's law, too, as well as the laws of the land? I know the laws of the world (nations) and the law of God are two different codes but in Romans 2:12 we read that "all who sin under the law will be judged by the law." If they are under God's law, then God's law says a life for a life. If the laws of a nation or a state have mandated the death penalty as just punishment for murder, then all who choose to live in that state, whether saved or unsaved, are still under that law, and unless that law is in direct violation of God's law, doesn't God ask us to respect the laws of the land?

Romans 13 NLT

Obey the government, for God is the one who put it there. All governments have been placed in power by God. 2 So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow. 3 For the authorities do not frighten people who are doing right, but they frighten those who do wrong. So do what they say, and you will get along well. 4 The authorities are sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for you will be punished. The authorities are established by God for that very purpose, to punish those who do wrong. 5 So you must obey the government for two reasons: to keep from being punished and to keep a clear conscience

Here's a good article as well. http://www.gotquestions.org/laws-land.html

Excellent.

I understand all the things about man's law & us doing man's law unless it goes against God's law but personally, I couldn't, in good conscience, press that button to squeeze that fluid in anyone. If they hurt my family member, I think I would want them to live the rest of their lives in that hell hole thinking of it every single day about why they were there. That is worse then death. 

And that's why you will never be placed in that position but God will put into place those governing authorities who will carry it out.

There's another way of looking at this part, too.

Jesus received the death penalty which God requires for sin. We who have turned to Christ and have received Him as our Savior understand that He died for us. We don't understand that He died for us because we didn't deserve to die. We know we deserve the death penalty.

Yet, we want to say others shouldn't receive it and many of those others are unrepentant and if given the chance will do the same deeds of darkness that have been brought into the light that they've been found doing.

Mercy is given to people who don't deserve it. Because we have been saved, mercifully and by grace, doesn't mean others shouldn't receive just penalty or their due recompense or however one wants to word it. We pray for their salvation. This man might turn to Christ. It doesn't mean even then that he shouldn't suffer the consequences for what he has done according to what the law of the land states that those consequences should be. Nor does it mean that those who carry out those laws are being unjust or not carrying out God's will.

He likely won't get the death penalty. He will likely spend the rest of his life in a worse captivity than what he has put those three girls through. But that would be just IMO. He was already in chains spiritually but he's in chains now physically. If he doesn't find Jesus, he will suffer eternally.

Or man will place man in that position.

I believe in God's Sovereignty and trust that the authorities in place throughout the earth are there according to His purposes and plan.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service