All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

God gave Israel King saul,  He gave a ruler in His anger.  are we to vote at all for yes we are voting for the lesser evil,  PLEASE LOOK AT VIDEO  ^   WHAT WOULD JESUS VOTE^

Views: 579

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A very sad commentary of life in America - Char I won't condemn you as that is not my place. Everyone has to do all they can and this is one area where you feel you just cannot do your duty to vote. Yes, our freedom comes from God but it is the political system through which our freedom is exercised. We will lose that freedom that you cherish if we fail to properly exercise our political duty of voting. I agree that there are areas more important for the believer. However, citizens of the United States and any country that has a free democracy should vote. The free exercise of our freedoms began with war and continues in the voting booth. There are some ministries that produce voting guides on the different candidate's positions on those issues that you are most concerned with. For example, if you favor abortion rights, you should vote to keep liberals in office. If you favor that the abortion industry in America be shut down, you should find those candidates that favor that and that you believe can get something done about that issue. Fifty-five million babies have been slaughtered by the abortion industries in our country and that has to be laid at the feet of those who refuse to get involved.

Char, I really do sympathize with what you are saying but I cannot allow an encourager to those who choose not to vote to go unanswered. This is an area we will have to disagree on. If you don't want to stand in lines, most polling places have early voting methods. Your church should provide voter guides. There remains little excuse for Americans not to vote.

Blessings to you and I pray your court situation will be resolved quickly.

Char, please forgive me for my response but I think it is critical for Christians to get involved. At the same time I mentioned that I understand your situation. Are you sure your parents are still die-hard Democrats? If so, their picketing is contradictory to their true commitments.

Fortunately, our God is a very forgiving God as prejudice is against the very Word of God. We all come from one man and woman. We are all related regardless of the color of our skin. There are many race issues in our country which right now have many people confused. Some actually feel they need to vote for Obama to show they are not racially prejudiced. Obama does not represent many of the views I support. I am for limited government, I am pro-life, I am for school choice, for a strong America and on and on I could go.

But more importantly than a free America is a freedom from the penalty of my sin. I am very, very grateful to God my Savior for coming to this evil world and dying for my sin. I am saved but only because of God's grace and His grace alone. I cannot stand in judgment of others as God has given me free salvation. God is wonderful to forgive all those who come to Him in faith.

In the United States we are given the opportunity to vote and thus have a say in the direction of our country. We should exercise that opportunity. At the same time I question the idea of voting for a lesser of two evils. I don't know that we are ever truly voting against something, but rather are casting our vote for something. Two examples that are hot topics today. I do not vote against abortion as much as I vote for life because God says the life begins at conception. I do not vote against gay marriage, but rather vote for marriage as designed by God which is between a man and a woman. Regarding selecting a politician, I cannot of good conscience vote for one candidate simpy because I want the other one to lose. When I vote it is an affirmation of something or someone. This is a guiding principle for me. I cannot look at only what is good for me or even the country, but attempt to see it from a godly world view. Does this mean I will only vote for Christians? No. I will attemt to understand the positions of each candidate and make a choice based on their positions and how their positions align with God or not, even if they do not know Jesus personally. I said all that to say there are times that not voting is the answer for me because I do not have anyone to vote "for" in and election.

I will add one more side note: IMO too many people know what they stand against (and not necessarily why they stand against it) and too few people know what they stand for in life.

Lord Bless,

LT

This is why I am so grateful for a very forgiving God. That is more important than any election even though I will be voting. Char, your testimony is a blessing to many others as we all have faced situations where we made compromising decisions - some small and some huge. It doesn't matter. Jesus forgives us all. We are a very blessed people and our primary message is that Jesus saves. No political party will be able to save us from the mess we are in. Only Jesus can save us. I am also saved from my sin. I am a very grateful forgiven person.

Amen

Char,

Understood.

Lord Bless,

LT

Char, having read stories of rape victims, it seems there are many different reactions when a pregnancy resulted. One woman told her story and then said the only good thing that came out of it was the locket she was wearing around her neck and inside of it was the picture of her son. Then there were those so embittered that the child in their womb was hated. I can't imagine feeling that way over my own child no matter what the circumstances. I will admit that twice in my life I considered it. But God kept me from it. I totally agree that at the age you were, you needed more support. I have a niece who got pregnant at age 15 and her dad raised her child right along with her until she graduated from high school and got married.

???

When we have a two party system, as we do here in the USA., “And if things continue as they are, that will change and the only choice we will have is to move to another country, or fight the system till they catch up with us, and then the only choice we will have is to deny our God, or die a martyrs’ death.”

If we proclaim to be conservative, then the vote will be a vote based on the issues that come closer to what we believe, or what the bible says; then we will be saying, we are voting for the lesser of two evils, or the one that acknowledges God as our creator that teaches moral values, like the sanctity of life, not death or one that teaches against immorality, hypocrisy, and partiality. James 3:13-18, says “Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? Let him show out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descended not from above, but is earthly, sensual, and devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.”

This is not meant to offend anyone; but an emphases on hypocrisy. This is a quote from Ben Stein saying;

“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured; but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.” But now add this, ”Many of those who refuse, or are unable to prove they are citizens will receive free insurance, paid for by those who are forced to buy insurance, because they are citizens.”

Here in the US we are not allowed to kill or steal, but we are not allowed to post commandments saying “thou shalt not kill, steal or….” and could be incarcerated for posting it: as well as doing it.

I read in a book, by a well-known author saying; “that what our high schools and colleges are teaching today is destroying the faith of our nation with false teachings, and all with words, what we can say and not say. There seems to be nothing Holy or immoral anymore, an ideology borne of the sense knowledge is dominating our nation, and unless the Word of God gains the ascendency again, all of the ideals of our Republic will go, and a new type of despotism that is destructive to Christianity will take its place. ”

So with our heads out of the sand, are we not seeing that developing here in our nation today?  

Though I believe we should all vote, and not stick our heads in the sand as Christine said. But I believe it should be more on moral issues rather than tradition or party. But if we vote for those that believe in abortion or homosexuality for instance, are we not condoning it, and stand just as guilty as those that actually do it in the sight of God? James 2:10 “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all”.

Joe

Christine, it is an ostrich even though I don't think they really do that. Are you saying that is what you would like to do? If so, I sometimes get to feeling the same way. Sometimes I get so discouraged I just turn the news off. There is a lot of bad news. Sometimes it is just good to focus on the goodness of our Lord.

I have to say that I agree with a little bit or a lot of what everyone said.

Char....

When my kids were small, I didn't vote. In fact, it wasn't until my eldest son was 16, back from being a page in Washington, that I cast my first vote. That was because he convinced me I should vote!

I sometimes vote for the lessor of two evils, because that is the only possibility we have to begin with. I want to see God back in leading our country. Only a person who has respect for God's will can be that *right* person. Not only would the *right* person move to put God back as the true leader of that country, he/she would strive to do the best possible job to make it happen...to put God's will above our own (our being the citizens). Only by promoting God's laws can we get back to where we were at one time and beyond.

As far as I am concerned, God speaks against welfare, abortion, and giving away our country (our country that He has given to us) to noncitizens. By giving way to these things, we have allowed the very freedom He gave us to be thrown away.  Now, our God, Whom we once esteemed, has been deported.

Speaking against the person that would bring us closest to our prior position is way wrong...more wrong than voting for the pagan leader. I actually lost respect for  a preacher who did that very thing to a candidate in the last election. I lost respect for this preacher and stopped listening to him because of his stand which was not to vote for a female candidate.  He spoke against her without listening to her core values. Such a shame...that.

When we go to the polls (if we are voters) we need to consider voting for the man who lives under the morality and guidelines of what God gave us to begin with....one who will lead us in the direction we should go. He/she needs to have good moral character and have the character to run our country properly instead of going against every moral value that we have lived under in the past.

Blessings....

Rita

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service