All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

So, it's the time of year that many folks are Christmas shopping.

We know  God's gift to the world...............He gave us John 3:16.

What should Christians give God........all lifetime long?

Views: 310

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Brother Richard this question gives me pause and that is a good thing.  

I think obedience to His Word and Leading of The Spirit.  

A life that is a good example for those who still live in the world. {This is a work in progress, I have a lot of work in these area}

Maybe to sum both up I should say, to be the man of God, He has Called, Equipped, and Designed, me to be.  This question and my answer has shown me how I believe I need to Pray.

I Thank you Richard for sharing this Great question.  

IMO I think the chosen should love God always and put Him first.

Janie,

Who are the chosen?

Blessings,  Carla

32I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

I know the above is about who would be married in heaven.... but isn't this saying He is only God to some? Im thinking His chosen. Also if He isn't God to all.... how can someone who isn't chosen love God? I know every knee shall bow ect ect.

Carla,

The chosen are the ones whom God chooses.  For many are called, but few are chosen.

So IMO the chosen should be falling on their faces and rejoicing always to God. Their gift to Him I think should be loving Him..... but then again is it really a gift to God or in reality it is Gods gift to them because God gives them the opportunity

Im sorry about the deletes

Janie,

I don't believe that Jesus died for certain 'chosen' people.  God gives us all the opportunity.

John 3

16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

1 Tim 2

1I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. 7And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles.

I don't understand how some people respond to the gospel and others don't...  But I do not believe that's it's because God has not called them..  We are chosen because we respond, ........and that means this:

Joel 2:32

And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, even among the survivors whom the LORD calls.

Romans 10:13

for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Acts 2:21

And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'

Romans 10:9 says:

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Matthew 5:3 says:

3“God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for Him,a

for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.

Janie,

From the beginning God has had a plan to save those who are lost. It has been His eternal purpose. How we respond to God's call is very important. You see, God chooses us and then we choose God. Anyone who chooses God is responding (choosing) because He has chosen them.

Sometimes people go through very difficult times and may think they aren't His chosen. If ever in your life you can remember a time when you responded to God and chose Him, then you are His and He is yours and He will be constantly working to reassure you of your relationship with Him. From what you've shared here on AAG, you have responded to Him in the past and still are responding even if only timidly. He will never let you go.

good word Amanda.  Amen.

Thank you Richard for posting this.  It causes me to 'pause' as Chris has already said.

I would have to agree that we should give God our love and obedience...  after all, it's what He wants.

1 Sam 15:22

Romans 1:1-5

Blessings, Carla

I like this, Bev.

Well said Bev.. I like it too. :-)

Richard, I think it goes without saying that we are to seek to live for and serve the One Who died for us out of love and gratitude.

However, I believe there's something more that God longs to do for us which will help us also to love and serve Him more and more deeply and that is simply that I believe God wants to help us understand Him better.

While it's true that none will ever understand everything and God is probably OK with an incomplete understanding, it doesn't seem right to say that God is OK with not wanting to understand Him and His ways. So we could give God the gift of caring more about His ways and being more interested in wanting to understand and at least wishing that we knew His ways and knew Him better.

I've made Him the promise that I'm going to examine Scripture and seek to find the truth regardless of where that truth leads and I pray to grow in grace and knowledge for I believe that's what God truly wants from me as well as to act and respond to His enlightenment. Also, with any teaching, it is our responsibility to examine all teachings in light of what the Scriptures actually say (Acts 17:10–12).

God wants us to know His Word. Giving Him the gift of our time and study is really giving ourselves more of Him and you just can't out give God. Ironic, huh?

Wow! you guys are great.........

Please, you all......... accept an old fashioned Christian cyber-space group hug.

According to your posts, it's obvious that everybody here has been doing their Christmas shopping for the Lord already.......

all year long.

Chris, I'm so touched by your humbleness before God. Amen, Bro.

Janie, Carla, Bev, and Amanda..............Ladies of God's Word. I picture you all as "hand-maidens of the Lord" because of your diligence in sharing the Bible.

I think we're all in agreement regarding "the called, and the chosen".......albeit coming from different perspectives.

Let me add a couple more Scriptures: II Peter 1:10, "Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble,"

And, Revelation 17:14, "These will wage war against the Lamb , and the Lamb will over-come them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful."

Can we all agree with Amanda's words: God wants us to know His Word. Giving Him the gift of our time and study is really giving ourselves more of Him and you just can't out give God. Ironic, huh?

May I apply one of my favorite verses nto this thought? Romans 12:1, "I urge you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship."

And Carla, my Scripture quotes are all from the N.A.S.B. .

I believe that's one of your favorite versions.

Grace and Peace to all.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service