All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

On Friday, December 7 there is a movie to be released called "The Golden Compass" based on a trilogy of books for children by author Phillip Pullman. I went to SermonAudio.com and there was a blog there telling about this ungodly film. Pullman wants to get this generation of children to be the ones to not believe in God and his intent is to "kill God."
Then I went to Internet Movie Data Base and it tells about the movie starring Nicole Kidman.
It would be wonderful if we God's children would picket the movies showing it. Bill O'Reilly on the Fox O'Reilly Factor got people to picket against a movie called Redacted and it lost in the boxoffice. We believe in a true and living God and we allow the world to mock Him too much.
What do you think?

Views: 299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree. We as a group are a mighty voice.
WOW Melissa that is some pretty twisted information. Satan is slick...and sometimes, just a big jerk. He is getting very bold...he knows his time is ending. Thanks for sharing that. I am just going to keep loving God and doing this life thing One Minute At A Time. Have a Wonderful Day.
PEACE OUT
Rori
I saw this movie and I consider it just a movie. Its just imagination written on paper turned to screen. Can it not just be that? Fiction is all it is. Just because the author is atheist what he is does not mean that he means what everyone wants it to mean it just imagination gone wild and that is making his living maybe people make more out of it when it is acknowledged so if its not then it does not mean nothing.
Forgive them Lord they know not what they do. I believe I read that somewhere. What would Jesus do? I agree Bob. Pray...Pray...Pray and stay true to myself (which is being crazy about God the Father, God the Son and God The Holy Spirit).
PEACE OUT
Rori
Before we picket here's some food for thought:
When we picket, what are we doing? What do we show the world? When 'pro-life' supporters picket abortion clinics - what do we show?

Do we show them love, or judgement? When Christ walked the Earth - did he spend time judging the woman at the well or Mary Magdalene? No, He showed them love. Does God grieve at each and every abortion - yes, certainly. However, the last thing that people need is yet more judgement. A woman who has had to make the difficult decision for abortion needs love, the kind that knows no limits. Are we, as Christians, not called to do this? Judgment is not ours to pour out, but we can do as Christ did, and love the world, and turn 'establishment' on it's head. There is enough turmoil in the world - do we add more? Or do we, instead, bring the peace and love of God to a hurting world?

Before you grab your picket signs - consider this - if that were me on the other side, what would I think? "Look at those nutjobs!" Instead - let's be there with open arms, and a mindset of 'love the sinner and hate the sin.' For we are all sinners, we here have just been saved by grace. Let's take that grace to the world, not more judgment and condemnation.
Hello,
Yes! Webster you go boy!!!!!
I wholeheartedly agree with you. Praise God!! I wanted to share the same thing you are saying, but sometimes I just cant seem to put it together and share. I didnt know how to explain it. So, thank you for this!!!
I will speak for myself here in the fact. I was a split image of Mary Magdeline and I think alot of women are too, they just ownt admit it. I am honest and transparent because I want healing. When I see the love that Jesus had for Mary, I just burst into tears. When peolpe are doing what they are doing, sometimes they are soo far into thier addiction or behavior that they dont see the damage its doing to themselves or others. It seems there is no hope for them so they just dive deeper into what they are familiar with. I had a very loving friend of mine lead me to Christ after she herself had really been through alot. We "Mary Magdelenes" need love. Unconditional love. We dont need anymore condemnation from people because we fell condemned anyway.
I want to stand up for all those who are lost, and addicted to thier destructive behavior and beliefs.
They need the love and help from others in Christ so that they can come to Christ. I wouldnt be here today if it wasnt for someone(and believe me, I didnt have anyone) to come to me with open arms.
Thank you Webster!!!!!God Bless YOu!!!!
Paige
I truly have to clear all this up. I am not Webster...Greg is. I am Noreen Moyer. Anyone who is a member of this site can begin a new discussion....even you two, Stew and Paige. I get an idea and I run with it and post it here for all to respond. Please do not think of me as someone higher than what I am. My avatar is that cute little siamese kitty cat.
Hi Noreen,
Nope, Greg and I are two separate entities. Webster is my pseudonym (a nickname from summer camp in '98 - due to my liking for the intricacies of the English vocabulary - think dictionary!. I'm glad you posted an idea. I just wanted to comment on that idea - hope that helps clear things up.

Please do not take what I said as a personal attack, as it wasn't. I just wanted to bring some ideas and thoughts to the table. On the one hand, I can see why you might find the movie offensive and fully support your desire to see it flop in the box office, on the other there is the human impact of anything we do.

God Bless,

Webster
Webster....no attack intended. I confused webmaster with your name....sorry....lol
and Greg is the webster....hehehe. It is now clear in my cloudy mind. From the very first I took offense from that blasphemous movie. How many stand up for the good name of the Creator of the Universe? Yet, name a teddy bear Muhammed and the Muslims come out of the woodwork to boil you in oil as almost happened to an Australian schoolteacher. The hypocrisy gets to me......sorry.
Thank you Greg for all you do for this site. You help all of us take a serious look at the different issues in our society to be able decipher them and make sense of them and see if they fall in the line of our Great God. So I salute you for that. As far as the book's and the movie goes. I disagree with it. The books are much more vocal in their anti-christ ways. That is why the movie version is water down as it is. To entice us to buy the books. My daughter recieved the series from a very dear friend, for Christmas. I told her my very honest opinion and what I had researched regarding the book behing the movie. And that I wouldn't allow my children to go to the movie or read the book. She said she understood; but turned around and gave it to her daughter to read. What frustration. I know she believes, but she didn't take me serious or did she?

To all of you who think this movie is not against Christ, research the books and what they have to say. You will be dimayed. Don't be fooled by satan. This is a trick.
I agree with Webster. I saw the movie with my younger daughter. It was actually pretty good. The movie is significantly toned down from the book text. There is clear "good" and "evil" in the movie but they don't make any correlation against Christianity specifically. The correlation that I do see (which is not totally undeserved) is toward the Catholic Church. The Magisterium is really a strong metaphor for "thinking on our behalf" in much the same way that the Catholic Church has taken authority for interpretation of scripture on behalf of the members. I don't agree with Phillip Pullman's world view and I probably would not buy all the books (we have the first in the series). This book and the movie have been a good reading experience for my daughter. I don't think it is a big deal and there are much bigger issues out there.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service