All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I am 27 and by His garce i shall be turning 28 in June 24,but my mentors keep telling me to get married before going ahead.Meanwhile i haven't got the real woman of faith i need.What should we say about this now?I won't mind to get a woman of faith anywhere around the globe but i haven't come accross her yet,please what should i do?I have prayed about it and it is still not forth coming

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is nothing wrong with being single and working for God. Many great Christians have been single and have done a great work for the kingdom of God.
Paul says that it is better to be single in many ways. You have to make sure that God has given you that gift of singleness if you decide to not marry. If you can not live in purity then the word says to find a wife.
My friend, having a wife and family mean that your responsibility to your wife and family must come before any ministry. The great mistake is to make marriage secondary to ministry and it is wrong in the sight of God.
Don't let anyone push you into marriage either. They wont have to live in a bad marriage with you so just trust God and He will in His time if it is his will bring you a wife.
Thank u Bob for such an comment,i am delighted with such a reply,as you said,one most have the gift of singlehood.God bless you.you've made my day
Daouda David,
Hello brother !! I wholeheartedly agree with what bob said in his reply. The verses which I found about this matter are as follows: "1Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry.[a] 2But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. 3The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. 5Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that. 8Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. 9But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion." 1 Corinthians 7:1-8.
I too believe that if God has led you to be single in your service to Him, then you will be much better off. Of course, If you've always felt that a wife would complement your walk with God, then it's good that you should serve God in righteousness with your family. Either way, I'm sure you are going to do good things for the Lord. God bless you brother.
I WOULD NOT BE SO CONCERNED ABOUT BEING MARRIED. NOT ALL OF GODS DISCIPLES WERE MARRIED. IF U WANT TO SERVE THE LORD GO AHEAD AND THE OTHE3R WILL COME AND IF NOT THAN U WILL HAVE A LOT OF TIME TO SERVE HIM.

DONNA HARDIGREE
Not according to Jesus and Paul. But, before you can "do" any effective work for God, you must know him and be known by him. To know him is to have "intimate" relationship with God. That is a priority above all.

Seek the will of God, gain the mind of Christ and let yourself keep earthly mentors in perspective. Have reverence for those who have gone before you, but never mistake a mortal man for your savior. Follow the Savior and give him first place in your life.
Scribe has made a good point, a mentor is like a father in our lives, but just like fathers our job is to see our children become adults who will make wise decisions on their own. I have a 24 year old son that has been on his own for 5 years. He is an adult and as his father he may ask my opinions on things, but he knows it is his choice. I as his father will support his decisions if they are according to the word of God.
A mentor should never dictate your decisions for you. But a mentor should support your decisions that are according to the word of God.
Greetings my brother in Christ,First of let's go to what Jesus said to His disciples,Matthew 19:10
[If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry] If one has to live with a wife with all the dissatisfaction and unhappiness, as in some cases, it is best not to marry. And now look at what Paul says in 1Cor. 7:9[But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn] It is best to have the gift of self-control, but for those who don't, "it is better to marry than to burn."
b [contain] Greek: engkrateuomai (GSN-1467), have self-control; have command of the passions and appetites. Only here and in 1 Cor. 9:25, but in the Septuagint in Genesis 43:31; 1 Samuel 13:12.
c [burn] Greek: puroo (GSN-4448), to burn; be aflame (1 Cor. 7:9; 2 Cor. 11:29; Ephes. 6:16; 2 Peter 3:12; Rev. 1:15; Rev. 3:18). Here it means to have difficulty controlling the passions. In such a case, it would be better to marry.
Amen!!!
In His Service
Pastor Robert

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service