All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

My son's teacher has shown Harry Potter to his class without consulting the parents. He is in grade 2. The purpose of showing it was for entertainment as a reward for them all getting their work done. My stand on this is that I am quite angry about it as I have been purposely avoiding these shows. I am not sure what to do beyond handing the situation over to Jesus in prayer. Any input/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you and God Bless.

Views: 200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PRAISE REPORT
Here's the Update!!!
PRAISE GOD!!! Thank you for all your prayers. Both of my sons have stopped talking about Harry Potter completely, my youngest son has even gone so far to say "Mommy, Magic is really bad". I give the credit to Jesus and conviction of the Holy Spirit...because i did not talk to my kids about it except to say "I don't like Harry Potter"....that's all i said. BUT, i posted this....my Mom prayed, Ron prayed, I prayed and continually handed the circumstance over to God. Today I called Logan's school and talked to one of the resource teachers and just said that I was very upset by the teachers decision to show the movie as we do not watch it in our home etc... As a result of that phone call, the teacher called me today only a few minutes ago to apologize and assure me it would not happen again, and that she respects and understands my desicions to keep those movies from my child. If she wants to show a movie to the class again, she will send home a note with a few options, and we (the parents) will have a say.

Thank you again for all your prayers. God is so Awesome!!! I handed it over to HIM, he is faithful...I don't know why I am so continually surprised by His Awesome Love and faithfulness!

Also...thank you to all of you who prayed and didn't necessarily tell me you were doing it.
There is a lot of Spiritual Warfare out there....We are the Victors in Christ!!ONLY IN CHRIST!!!

Bless You all! With Love, Your sister and friend in Christ, Carla
Wow!!!
God is soo good! He has really showed you in alot of amazing ways of how much He loves you and His provision for you. I think we all should stop once in a while especially when things are tough, and reflect how many times God has come through for us, and answered our prayers. Its hard sometimes, but I have to think back once in a while too to realize how far I have come rather than think I havent gotten anywhere at all. I think our very lives are miracles!!! Our breath is a miracle!!!
I am soo happy for you my dear. Im glad the school system was willing to work with you rather than get all bent out of shape. That is God for you.
Paige
Dear Carla; I am in deed very happy to hear this. The teacher either didn't give it a thought or the person you called, encouraged the teacher. Either way it sounds like maybe there are some school systems willing to stand up for God and be willing to respect those who also do. I guess I am terribly disappointed in my daughters middle school; because they came down on her and myself for telling another student, that Christians don't carry hate in their heart. We were called by the principal and told we were inappropriate and that my daughter was at fault for the girls disagreement. I felt they said that because, maybe they either can't handle any Christianity, or they themselves are afraid someone else will say that it is against other religions. I am very happy for you Carla, and you are doing a very wonderful job with those boys. May God continue to Bless you and your family for your strong faith. love Mandy
Hi, my sister Carla!
You handled it the best way you could!

My son is five and does pray to Jesus every night but really doesn't understand the whole concept of Jesus. Right now he loves Spiderman, Hulk, etc. more than Jesus because of what he experienced at Pre-School. Us, as parents, cannot control what goes on outside of our home. I do know that with the guidance of Jesus and yourself, events like this can actually open grounds for communication between you and your son to help him understand why it may not be pleasing to you or God.

God Bless You and Your Family!
Nancy :)
Hi Terri,

Thankfully this was resolved a long time ago. It was truly a learning experience for things which are bound to come up in the future.

~Carla
Hi Terri (King & I),

Yes I agree. That's why I left the conversation up here. It may possibly benefit someone else.

My other response was actually for the other Terri who responded here. What are the chances..two Terri's responding within the past 13 hours.

Have a wonderful weekend! :)

In Him~Carla
Yes Terri, I agree.
What a huge responsibility we have.

I am sure I have been already been viewed as a Christian wacko...lol. But, I'm ok with that! I'm disjointed and dislocated in this world in all the right places.... :)

~Carla
Me too AP.

Remember that song' Everybody's Somebody's Fool? (or am I dating myself too far back?) lol... Yes, I am a Fool for Christ, and Unashamed! (only by HIS amazing Grace)...

Love & Blessings,
MA
Sometimes I am in shock by what teacher are doing in public schools. My daughter was in the forth grade and the teacher was teaching slam poetry. My wife and I went to the principle and she closed down the class. This movie isn't even age appropriate say nothing about promoting whichcraft. I think a day is coming when we will not as Christians be able to place our children in government run schools.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service