All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I find it interesting what they believe. I know what I believe, and I believe God is spirit. The trinity. But how do I convince that to a mormon when they go directly to certain scriptures in the bible and show me that is says He is flesh. example:How did God have a SON? example:We are made in HIS image. Also they point out that God "knew us" before we came to earth, so we must have all been spirit babies with a heavenly mother." Anyway, help me to help them.

Views: 525

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

David, bravo for your gracious reply. Although I tend to feel like being hard on ignorance, life has taught me that it doesn't gain you much. Grace takes work.
Thank you In my early years of life I had no grace to give, only the right answers. Then God taught me the benefits of grace, through very difficult circumstances, and taught me to start showing Grace for a change.So now I can honestly say I have less answers but more grace and can thank God everyday for the Grace He showed and the Grace He showed me to show.
Amen for that.

Christopher, Thanks for your response.  I have met and know several Mormons and they really are decent people.  If you want to feel part of a large family they are the ones that would provide that.

The bottom line is, according to scripture that you believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins.  That being the basis of being a Christian many of us all go beyond that on tangents in our various churches. Maybe Mormons are like the rest of us and many believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and came to forgive our sins. I guess that is what I would be interested in in talking to them.

Historically Christianity has been the one despised religion in almost any setting because when all the discussions are done we have to come up with what Jesus said about Himself. "I am the way to truth and the Light, in one comes to the Father but by me. In any church there are people that deep down might not believe that. In some churches that we don't think "have the truth" there may be people that really believe that. God knows who we/they are.

Growing up I was taught that people in other churches were not going to heaven because they didn't measure up to our church. meaning at that time they smoked, drank, and/or danced.  It took years to come to the point, and I was shocked when I met people that believed in Jesus as their Savior and still might have a vice they were hoping to overcome. 

So like I mentioned above I spent most of my years arguing and defending things I shouldn't have been defending. The only thing you need to be able to defend and really believe is that God Sent Jesus to forgive your sins. After that we too often start to play "church" and get into all kinds of arguments and set ourselves up for frustration that isn't needed, and is certainly not Spiritual. 

I was 42 before I could actually comprehend that God actually did love me.  But I know He does and He Loves you to Christopher.

Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth and the life."
Paige, perhaps this ministry will help you find more: http://4witness.org/

I have met the young woman who started this ministry and she is The REAL DEAL. She first began to witness to cultists as a teen, when they came to her door. Her parents have been lay minister disciple makers for over 30 years and she caught their love of reaching lost people. I have spoken with some of the people she has reached and I can tell you that she is very effective with bringing people to the light of truth, from mormonism.

I went to a seminar she led and the Mormon missionaries in attendance admitted that she was 100% right about their doctrines. They were very compelled by her presentation and by her depth of understanding of their beliefs.

I think you can gain a lot by searching through the website above.
Paige is the person who started the discussion. Back in 2008. She may have tuned out long ago, but you never know if she still wants the info or if someone else can benefit from it.

When I first became a Christian, my wife and I did a fair amount of street witnessing, about 23 years ago. I've worked with an evangelist, in recent years, who's ministry is about 60% street witnessing. For me, I have stopped doing it that way and now focus more on doing what Peter said "giving an answer to everyone who asks, of the hope that lies within". 

When I have the opportunity, I like to use questions to challenge people who have false beliefs, or who are unsure of what they believe. Some of the most fun you can have is challenging the hard core folks who are 100% certain that there was no JESUS and there is no GOD.

But, ultimately, we are all witnessing about something. Everyone is a minister, either of truth and faith, or of  doubt, corruption and lies. 

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service