All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

I am 18 years old. My parents just got a divorce and i live with my dad, his fiance, and my brother and sisters. My parents decided it was time to call it quits after a 19 year marriage in july of 2007. At first my mom started telling my brother sister and i lies about dad to keep us from talking to him and then she told me if i wanted to live with him i could and it wouldnt be a problem. In december of 2007 i had a bad wreck and my mom didnt come to see me in the hospital but three times (i think this is where our real problems started). I was never a mother's daughter but during the divorce some really bad things happened and i regret all of what happened on my part because now i dont have my mom or my grandmother in my life. How do i get my mom and grandmother to understand that i am sorry for what happened without them thinking that i am taking all the blame for what happened?

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kim,
I'm so sorry to hear of the pain & heartache your parent's divorce has brought on you & your family. It's hard to lose the stability of the family you grew up with. There's a lot of pressures on marriages today & Satan works on weaknesses to cause divisions & widen gaps. It's understandable that you, as a young woman, are feeling the loss of connection with you mom & grandmother. In time the relationships may be healed. Right now, if you are a born-again disciple of Christ, you need to be built up & encouraged in your faith. Do you belong to a good church? Are there other older women who could 'mentor' you or take you under their wing? It's important that your heart is right with God. That you realize you are loved & your sins forgiven. Then you need to forgive yourself, so you can have compassion to forgive & pray for the rest of your family. Most of all, call out to the Lord! Let Jesus be your best friend. He will walk you through that grieveing process & bring help & comfort to your heart. Ask the Lord to show you when the time is right, to ask forgiveness of your mom & grandmother for the things you did & said that you regret. Perhaps your attitude will allow the Holy Spirit to work on their hearts. Maybe not, but you are only responcible to do what's God shows you & to pray & forgive. Don't accept blame for what wasn't your fault & don't get drawn into an arguement. (That's why you need to wait on God's timing.) I'll be praying for you. I'm sure others will have some scriptures to share with you. I'll give you one to look up: Proverbs 3:5 & 6. God bless you dear girl. He really loves you!
thanks i currently attend a church close to where i live but i am not one to share my pains with people. all of my life i have had a problem with that. i am really stressing out about all of this.
Dear Kim,
The advice given by Deborah, is excellent. I cannot add to it.
You do need someone you can talk to and I am certain that your Pastor will respect your need for confidentiality. Besides his help you need his prayers and support.
The Lord Bless you through this period.
Your Brother in Christ - Ron
i have a bible study tonight i think that i will try to talk to the pastor he knows some of what is going on but not all.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service